Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. (813 Views)

3bedroom Storey Building: Please Help Me Critize The Plan / For Your Interior Designs / P.o.p And Building Please Call - 07034485442 / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by ephapras: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
Please, I have a serious issue at hand that requires help. I bought a piece of a community land From one Mr. D around June this year, the land agreement paper was signed and stamped by the chief of the community as that has always been the custom.
Work commenced on the land immediately and we begin to develop the land gradually. Something happened this yesterday when we were at the site working, a guy approached us that we should stop work that he is the owner of the land, I called the person that sold the land to inform him, he said I should not mind the guy that we should continue to work... but the guy insist, to cut the long story short, I had to call police to come intervene, it was when the police came that the seller of the land actually confessed that he has first sold the same land to the guy that came to disturb us, this guy happens to be his cousin. That is to say, he sold the land to his cousin first and later sold it to me too.

We arrested him, still in detention till now. The building has reached lintel level.. I have my papers signed and stamped by the chief of the community...

What steps can I take next as I don't want to loose my hard earned money?

The land is situated in one of the surrounding satellite towns in Abuja.

cc: lawyer
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by Blakjewelry(m): 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2018
haba you no do proper land documentation? this kind of matter is not something one wish to find himself, OK let's hear from the lawyers in the house
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by Hum2020: 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sibce you have the documents abd the community head signed when brought the land it mesns you have no problem let him look for another land for his cousin abd use lawyers to follow them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by ephapras: 8:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
Blakjewelry:
haba you no do proper land documentation? this kind of matter is not something one wish to find himself, OK let's hear from the lawyers in the house

I did all necessary verifications before buying the land... I even asked around from landlords IN the area if they actually know the guy that want to sell the land, they confirmed that they all bought their land from him... But they never knew that he has sold this one I bought to his cousin..
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by Blakjewelry(m): 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
ephapras:

I did all necessary verifications before buying the land... I even asked around from landlords IN the area if they actually know the guy that want to sell the land, they confirmed that they all bought their land from him... But they never knew that he has sold this one I bought to his cousin..
I am actually talking about necessary government registration
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by ephapras: 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hum2020:
Sibce you have the documents abd the community head signed when brought the land it mesns you have no problem let him look for another land for his cousin abd use lawyers to follow them

Yes, even the cousin suggested that they should look for another land for him that work has gone far in the land, but the family refused that they don't have any land again.
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by ephapras: 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
Blakjewelry:

I am actually talking about necessary government registration

I am yet to do that... I only relied on the land agreement signed by the chief of the community
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by Blakjewelry(m): 9:22pm On Dec 19, 2018
ephapras:

I am yet to do that... I only relied on the land agreement signed by the chief of the community
hmmm its going to be tough o, report the matter to the community then contact a lawyer
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by twinskenny(m): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
ephapras:

Yes, even the cousin suggested that they should look for another land for him that work has gone far in the land, but the family refused that they don't have any land again.
not your problem bro.. thats there family issue.. just make sure you have police or army by your side
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by MrMcJay(m): 11:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
ephapras:
Please, I have a serious issue at hand that requires help. I bought a piece of a community land From one Mr. D around June this year, the land agreement paper was signed and stamped by the chief of the community as that has always been the custom.
Work commenced on the land immediately and we begin to develop the land gradually. Something happened this yesterday when we were at the site working, a guy approached us that we should stop work that he is the owner of the land, I called the person that sold the land to inform him, he said I should not mind the guy that we should continue to work... but the guy insist, to cut the long story short, I had to call police to come intervene, it was when the police came that the seller of the land actually confessed that he has first sold the same land to the guy that came to disturb us, this guy happens to be his cousin. That is to say, he sold the land to his cousin first and later sold it to me too.

We arrested him, still in detention till now. The building has reached lintel level.. I have my papers signed and stamped by the chief of the community...

What steps can I take next as I don't want to loose my hard earned money?

The land is situated in one of the surrounding satellite towns in Abuja.

cc: lawyer

Since the matter involves his cousin, you can leverage on that.

Let the man look for another land for his cousin.

If there's no land, let him arrange payment for his cousin.

If he can't do that, let the police charge him to court and let him be remanded in prison custody.

Whatever you do, don't let him push you to settle with his cousin. If you fall for that, he would give you the runaround while his cousin makes you miserable.

1 Like

Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by ephapras: 5:44am On Dec 20, 2018
twinskenny:
not your problem bro.. thats there family issue.. just make sure you have police or army by your side

Okay. Thanks sir.
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by ephapras: 5:45am On Dec 20, 2018
MrMcJay:

Since the matter involves his cousin, you can leverage on that.

Let the man look for another land for his cousin.

If there's no land, let him arrange payment for his cousin.

If he can't do that, let the police charge him to court and let him be remanded in prison custody.

Whatever you do, don't let him push you to settle with his cousin. If you fall for that, he would give you the runaround while his cousin makes you miserable.

Thanks for the advice sir.
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by Asquare84(m): 8:58am On Dec 20, 2018
Good
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by Babs612000(m): 9:13am On Dec 20, 2018
Hum2020:

You said it all.
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by jp130(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
Sir, keep going with ur work while u folo up on d issue. Highest, d seller go refund his cousin n alot anoda land for him. Does d said cousin hav papers as well?
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by ephapras: 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
jp130:
Sir, keep going with ur work while u folo up on d issue. Highest, d seller go refund his cousin n alot anoda land for him. Does d said cousin hav papers as well?

The cousin is not allowing us to work, he said until the issue is resolved.
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by Conceptman: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2018
ephapras:

if you have the receipt of purchase with the seller's signature on it, let him settle his cousin, I still think there is a game plan between him and his cousin. Get your property fenced to fully secure the remaining space on the land.
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by jp130(m): 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Plz wat ever approach they wanna use, communicate wit us. It will b resolved. I am scared abt d dates on d said cousin agreements. By law, he is d owner of d land. D seller just sells som1s property to u n shud b jailed. Wat is he sayi from cell?
Re: Someone Want To Claim My Building! Please Help. by ephapras: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
jp130:
Plz wat ever approach they wanna use, communicate wit us. It will b resolved. I am scared abt d dates on d said cousin agreements. By law, he is d owner of d land. D seller just sells som1s property to u n shud b jailed. Wat is he sayi from cell?

Yes, I will definitely... None of us people show face at the police station, they have charged him to court as he confessed to the crime... He is in the Prison presently in the order of the court..They are waiting for his other family members to see if the cousin will agree he be given another land so that I can take full possession of the land or the guy will pay all I have spent on the land. My Building has reached Lintel level already as I am. planning to move in there this December ending before.

(1) (Reply)

3bedroom Bungalow 3d Design For A 7m Budget / Garden At Life Camp Abuja / Welcome To The World Of Smart Home! With Smart Home Device You Can Control The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.