Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected (1375 Views)

Jimi Agbaje: I Have Not Joined The APC, Disregard Falsehoods / Lagos State Commissioner Of Police Arrives At The Lagos Toll Gate Scene / Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 20, 2018
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has asked Lagosians not to be deceived by the ‘antics’ of his main rival, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the All Progressives Congress, who paid the toll of drivers passing through the Lekki-Epe Expressway for an hour on Tuesday.

Agbaje said on Twitter that if he was elected governor next year, he would demolish the tollgate so that Lagosians would never have to pay toll along that route again.

He said, “First the people spoke against the tolls but they weren’t listened to. Now they suspend the tolls for a few of hours so that they can speak to you, the people, about how well they are listening to you. Something isn’t right.

“My position has not changed. I’ll scrap the tolls.”

The PDP candidate had in 2015 argued that constructing a tollgate along the Lekki-Epe Expressway was needless because the road was not built from scratch by the APC government but was merely expanded and upgraded.

He said the only tollgate that was justifiable was the Lekki-Ikoyi flyover which was constructed across a body of water.

The then governor, Babatunde Fashola, had, however, lambasted Agbaje, accusing him of being financially naive.

READ ALSO: Badeh’s wife, sons remain on DSS watch list, may miss burial

The Lekki Concession Company Limited which collects the tolls had in February 2018 increased the fees. Commercial transport buses and motorcycles plying the Lekki-Ajah axis pay N100 while those with e-tag pay N90. Saloon cars and tricycles pay N200 but N180 with e-tag; SUVs, mini-vans, light pick-up trucks pay N400 and N360 with e-tag; non-commercial buses with maximum capacity of 26 seats pay N1000 and N900 with e-tag; and motorcycles with 200cc capacity and above pay N200 and N180 with e-tag.
https://punchng.com/agbaje-kicks-as-sanwo-olu-settles-drivers-toll-vows-to-demolish-lekki-toll-gates/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 20, 2018
I hope he win,so Lagos will be free from Tifnubu's bondage. He collects their taxes through Alpha Betta, extorts them through Lekki Concession company and gets awarded all their construction projects through Hi-Tech construction owned by his Lebanese business partner.

7 Likes

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Magalan: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2018
Agbaje... The 47% that voted for you in 2015 are still very much intact, Buhari has even strengthened their resolve and added 15% more to the fold.

The end of an Era is near in Lagos state.

3 Likes

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Omeokachie: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2018
Tinubu on hearing this

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 20, 2018
Omeokachie:
Tinubu on hearing this

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Omololu001: 11:57am On Dec 20, 2018
I will be voting for agbaje in 2019.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
Omololu001:
I will be voting for agbaje in 2019.
Every Lagosian that wants to free Lagos from Tifnubu financial bondage will vote for Agbaje.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Peacemaker5128: 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
If you like make e-bow your deputy
It won't stop them from drowning
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
If you like make e-bow your deputy
It won't stop them from drowning
English please!
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2018
Magalan:
Agbaje... The 47% that voted for you in 2015 are still very much intact, Buhari has even strengthened their resolve and added 15% more to the fold.

The end of an Era is near in Lagos state.
Tifnubu is a sophisticated Agbero that extorts Lagosians on a daily basis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Sirjamo: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
litdutchboy:

Good way to generate money, but is the money generated used to generate world class roads or go to the pockets of Tifnubu.
No one is complaining about the toll gates,the complaint comes from the fact they are not getting value for money.
Tifnubu's uses the proceeds to maintain his $35 million dollar private jet.
If the Monies being generated weren't spent on Lagos, you and your people won't be running to Lagos from your villages

1 Like

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2018
Sirjamo:
If the Monies being generated weren't spent on Lagos, you and your people won't be running to Lagos from your villages
Lagos was are rated third mega worst mega city in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Sirjamo: 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
litdutchboy:

Lagos was are rated third mega worst mega city in the world.
Bros, 20 million people live in Lagos, that's equal to the population of Ghana
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
Sirjamo:
Bros, 20 million people live in Lagos, that's equal to the population of Ghana
What does that have to do with anything and Tifnubu cornering majority of Lagos funds?
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
Front page Lalastiscala
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Blackfire(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2018
An osun man controlling Lagos....
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2018
litdutchboy:
BTW Financial market is rigged in Nigeria.

No, would you say the financial market is rigged in US
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2018
litdutchboy:
BTW Financial market is rigged in Nigeria.

No, would you say the financial market is rigged in US
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2018
cc- lalasticlala push this to the front page ASAP!!!
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 21, 2018
Very necessary.
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 21, 2018
Jimi4L

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 21, 2018
Lagosians are tired of this tinubu Godfatherism in Lagos!!!

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by johnmartus(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2018
Oga use your sense at least for once.even in western world tollgate charges they not joke with it Dream killer you be.
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2018
johnmartus:
Oga use your sense at least for once.even in western world tollgate charges they not joke with it Dream killer you be.
In western world revenue from toll-gates is used to build world class roads like the Autobahn and majority of the revenue goes to the government not shared with Tifnubu.
In the western world toll-gates are used to fund payment for new roads not existing roads like the Lekki-Epe expressway. Nigeria likes to take ideas like democracy and tollgates from the western world and abuse these ideas to engage in endemic corruption.

1 Like

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by SternProphet: 4:16am On Dec 22, 2018
That's a joker talking about scrapping toll gates. I keep saying that Agbaje is likeable but he cannot be Governor of Zamfara State not to talk of Lagos.
He does not have the make up to run the government machinery of a mega city.
Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 4:22am On Dec 22, 2018
FEMIBALLHARD:
cc- lalasticlala
push this to the front page ASAP!!!
Quality of roads revenue from toll gates are used to construct in the western world. Don't trust Tifnubu Lekki Concesssion company to provide the same quality.

Re: Agbaje:I Will Scrap Lagos Toll Gates If Elected by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 22, 2018
SternProphet:
That's a joker talking about scrapping toll gates. I keep saying that Agbaje is likeable but he cannot be Governor of Zamfara State not to talk of Lagos.
He does not have the make up to run the government machinery of a mega city.
And Sanwo-Olu who Ambode said was arrested for using fake dollars and a patient of Gbagada has the make up to run Lagos?

(1) (Reply)

Two Kinds Of Buhari’s Supporters / Very Low Turnout At Buhari’s Niger One Million-man March / Atiku Wins Nine Out Of 10 Declared LGAs In Oyo State- VIEWERS DISCRETION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.