Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,548 members, 7,955,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

PRESS RELEASE: Appeal Court Upholds Chira's PDP Candidacy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PRESS RELEASE: Appeal Court Upholds Chira's PDP Candidacy (432 Views)

Prince Eniola Joseph Ojajuni Declares Candidacy For Ondo State Governorship / Supreme Court Upholds Ogoni Communities N17bn Lawsuit Against Shell / Press Release On False Endorsement Of Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PRESS RELEASE: Appeal Court Upholds Chira's PDP Candidacy by Spiritscience(m): 3:54am On Dec 20, 2018
Appeal Court upholds Chira's PDP candidacy*

The Court of Appeal, Abuja Division has upheld the candidacy of Dr Chira Obiora Uzochukwu as Oyi/Ayamelum Federal Constituency Representative for PDP today.

It would be recalled that an appeal was filed against the judgment of the High Court of Abuja on October 31, 2018 on his candidacy.

However, in a unanimous judgment by a 3-man panel of justices led by Justice Stephen J. Adah, the case was struck out, thereby upholding the previous judgement of the High Court declaring that Dr Uzochukwu Obiora Chira is the winner of the House of Representatives primary election of the PDP for Oyi/Ayamelum Federal Constituency held on October 3, 2018.

Reacting to the development, Dr Chira said it was a vindication of his position all along that the people of Oyi/Ayamelum Federal Constituency believe he has higher capacity to represent the federal constituency.

He also called on his opponents to take the outcome in good faith and join hands with him to clench the seat for PDP come 2019 general elections.

"I give thanks to God for the court of appeal's pronouncement. I also extend an olive branch to all my opponents in the primaries. We are all brothers in the struggle, please give me a chance to prove myself.

"PDP is united," he said.

Signed

_O'star Eze_

Senior Media Assistant to Dr Chira Obiora Uzochukwu

(1) (Reply)

Man Loses Eye In Quest For Spiritual Power To Win Lotto / APC/PDP must leave. Recycled Politicians and Parties... / See What A Cleaner Did After Finding £300,000 In A London Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.