Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong (880 Views)

Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle / Labour Party Is Based On Ethnicity And Religion – Kwankwaso (Video) / How Nnamdi Kanu Dropped Out Of Nsukka And Embark On Fraud After (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Gazelle22: 5:57am On Dec 20, 2018
On December 19th, 2018, President Mohammadu Buhari presented the 2019 budget estimates before the joint session of the National Assembly for consideration and approval.

According to him,

"Buhari said the expected income consisted of oil revenue projected at N3.73 trillion, and non-oil revenue estimated at N1.39 trillion.*

“The estimate from non-oil revenue consists of N799.52 billion from company income tax; N229.34 billion from value added tax, and customs duties of N302.5 billion."

Now, I am confused. It appears to me I am completely lost in the midst of an Ocean. Nigerians kindly come to my aid.

FIRS alone declared income of over #5 trillion for 2018.

Also, income from stamp duty alone is estimated at over #2.5 trillion annually.

The two non-oil sources alone has covered over 90% of the 2019 budget.

Again, from these two non-oil sources alone, we have a total of #7.5 trillion. But our president is estimating only #1.39 trillion. Why the huge gap?

Probably, as I am not an economist, there is something I am missing.

Guide me for I am lost.

Solomon-Dickson Uzoma Okafor, submits from Owerri.
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by PassingShot(m): 6:01am On Dec 20, 2018
Gazelle22:
On December 19th, 2018, President Mohammadu Buhari presented the 2019 budget estimates before the joint session of the National Assembly for consideration and approval.

According to him,

"Buhari said the expected income consisted of oil revenue projected at N3.73 trillion, and non-oil revenue estimated at N1.39 trillion.*

“The estimate from non-oil revenue consists of N799.52 billion from company income tax; N229.34 billion from value added tax, and customs duties of N302.5 billion."

Now, I am confused. It appears to me I am completely lost in the midst of an Ocean. Nigerians kindly come to my aid.

FIRS alone declared income of over #5 trillion for 2018.

Also, income from stamp duty alone is estimated at over #2.5 trillion annually.

The two non-oil sources alone has covered over 90% of the 2019 budget.

Again, from these two non-oil sources alone, we have a total of #7.5 trillion. But our president is estimating only #1.39 trillion. Why the huge gap?

Probably, as I am not an economist, there is something I am missing.

Guide me for I am lost.

Solomon-Dickson Uzoma Okafor, submits from Owerri.
You need proper understanding of budgeting.

Whatever JAMB and FIRS and other government agencies bring in are already included in the projection for non-oil revenue. And the total remittances from those agencies are eventually shared by all tiers of government.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by beewhy009(m): 6:09am On Dec 20, 2018
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 20, 2018
PassingShot:

Whatever JAMB and FIRS and other government agencies bring in are already included in the projection for non-oil revenue. And the total remittances from those agencies are eventually shared by all tiers of government.

Please you need to explain further as I do not yet understand. This is a crucial submission.
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by helinues: 6:14am On Dec 20, 2018
@ op, have you ever considered how much FG spends monthly in paying salary? Not to talk of funding our institutions
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by PassingShot(m): 6:21am On Dec 20, 2018
olatemitayo:

Please you need to explain further as I do not yet understand. This is a crucial submission.
The FG budget is only federal govt's projections of what to achieve.

The income expectations are only the FG's share of the total earnings of Nigeria. So, income from FIRS, JAMB, Customs etc will be shared by Local, State and FG. For example, the FG expects to earn customs duties of N302.5 billion from the total income from Customs in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Gazelle22: 6:27am On Dec 20, 2018
PassingShot:

The income expectations are only the FG's share of the total earnings of Nigeria. So, income from FIRS, JAMB, Customs etc will be shared by Local, State and FG. For example, the FG expects to earn customs duties of N302.5 billion from the total income from Customs in 2019.

I still do not understand. To be specific for instance, what income do Federal Government expect from FIRS in 2019?
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by FarahAideed: 6:42am On Dec 20, 2018
PassingShot:

he is asking where FIRS 5 trillion non oil revenue is in the budget? Hasn't FIRS been celebrating income of 5 trillion all over the medial...we expected to see a reflection of that in the Budget so where is it ?

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by FarahAideed: 6:46am On Dec 20, 2018
PassingShot:

You are a liar !!! Income estimates are all based on the govt gross income before any dirty sharing at any level

1 Like

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by PassingShot(m): 6:53am On Dec 20, 2018
FarahAideed:

he is asking where FIRS 5 trillion non oil revenue is in the budget? Hasn't FIRS been celebrating income of 5 trillion all over the medial...we expected to see a reflection of that in the Budget so where is it ?
olodo.

Budget is a projection of coming year - 2019 in this case. Not a reflection of what was earned in this year or past years. Make una go school una no gree.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by PassingShot(m): 6:55am On Dec 20, 2018
Gazelle22:

I still do not understand. To be specific for instance, what income do Federal Government expect from FIRS in 2019?
That will be in the specific detail but it's clear the FG expects to earn N302.5bn from Customs.
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by FarahAideed: 6:57am On Dec 20, 2018
PassingShot:

olodo.

Budget is a projection of coming year - 2019 in this case. Not a reflection of what was earned in this year or past years. Make una go school una no gree.

You are the olodo here!!!!

budget projections involves retained earning from the previous year if you dont know and data from the previous year is is used to guide projections if you dont know...Are you saying the govt is already projecting reduced FIRS revenue?

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by carzola(m): 7:00am On Dec 20, 2018
Not just the budget
Nigeria was built on lies
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:02am On Dec 20, 2018
FarahAideed:

budget projections involves retained earning from the previous year if you dont know and data from the previous year is is used to guide projections if you dont know...Are you saying the govt is already projecting reduced FIRS revenue?
No mind the Zombie!

They are all criminals

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Gazelle22: 7:03am On Dec 20, 2018
PassingShot:

That will be in the specific detail but it's clear the FG expects to earn N302.5bn from Customs.

My concern is very simple: the FG expects total #1.39 trillion revenue from the non-oil sector including FIRS, customs, CBN, NPS and other agencies of the government.

But FIRS alone generated over #5 trillion this year. Is the Federal Government expecting any less next year? If they expect any different, can it be as high as close to #4 trillion? How about about income from Stamp Duties? Why only #1.39 trillion from all non-oil agencies?
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by deyahaya: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2018
Ignorance of economy and governance is the problems of the author, governance is not runs as a private enterprise or company, there are lots of Government considerations that will go along with the preparation of budget go and learn more about budgeting , especially in government.
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Gazelle22: 7:29am On Dec 20, 2018
deyahaya:
Ignorance of economy and governance is the problems of the author,...go and learn more about budgeting , especially in government.

Reason why I present my confusion before the Nigerian public to assist me.

I have studied the fundamentals of budgeting, I have also searched between lines to understand the reason behind this prevailing seeming disparity between expected earnings and actual earnings.

Can you guide us in simple terms?

Each year, actual earnings far exceeds the expected earnings. And annual government spendings are based on budgets.

If need be that expenses should exceed previous budget estimates, supplementary budgets are introduced. But supplementary budgets are still far apart from the actual earnings.

Where are the excess funds?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by PassingShot(m): 7:57am On Dec 20, 2018
Gazelle22:

My concern is very simple: the FG expects total #1.39 trillion revenue from the non-oil sector including FIRS, customs, CBN, NPS and other agencies of the government.

But FIRS alone generated over #5 trillion this year. Is the Federal Government expecting any less next year? If they expect any different, can it be as high as close to #4 trillion? How about about income from Stamp Duties? Why only #1.39 trillion from all non-oil agencies?
The N5 trillion generated by FIRS this year is to be shared by all tiers of government.
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by PassingShot(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2018
[s]
FarahAideed:

[/s]
You're obviously so ignorant.
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Redoil: 8:51am On Dec 20, 2018
@op All those buhari institution and agencies have spining imaginary figures just to decive yoruba people to think that bubu is working. Where they earn 2 naira they will claim 2 million so that zombies will be happy
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Gazelle22: 8:58am On Dec 20, 2018
PassingShot:

The N5 trillion generated by FIRS this year is to be shared by all tiers of government.

Are you sure you are demonstrating clear knowledge of budgeting and how government is run as claimed?

It is illegal to distribute or appropriate funds not captured in any budget. Except you are implying the funds will be distributed illegally as always since nothing is impossible in Nigeria. After all, our president has declared that national(selfish) interest supersedes rule of law.

The #5 trillion generated by FIRS is neither captured in 2018 budget, nor in the proposed 2019 budget. There is also no special account to the best of my knowledge where these excesses are saved.

The ECA account we hope on is being vandalized on daily bases. The Nation Newspapers just reported $1.6 billion was withdrawn from that account in the last 3 weeks thereby leaving the balance on that account with less than $700 million dollars.

What are the funds used for? Were they appropriated? The military spending request was less than the amount said to have been withdrawn, yet army said they have received no kobo.

Somebody help me; I can't understand.
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Gazelle22: 9:02am On Dec 20, 2018
Redoil:
@op All those buhari institution and agencies have spining imaginary figures just to decive yoruba people to think that bubu is working. Where they earn 2 naira they will claim 2 million so that zombies will be happy

Should they do so, they will obviously encounter the wrath of the law should they fail to remit same to the Consolidated Revenue Account. Because as long as the law is working, there will be non to protect them when they are called up for stewardship.
Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
PassingShot:

olodo.

So why underestimate it so low? It should at least use a 3years moving average. That's a smarter way to do things.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Budget Is Based On Fraud; Correct Me If I Am Wrong by Gazelle22: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
The fraud continues even as Customs says they generated over #1 trillion in 2018.

(1) (Reply)

Senate President Saraki Lashed The IG Of Police Ibrahim Idris. / No Python Dance, No Elections In Niger-delta - Group / Awujale Declares Abiodun As Amosun’s Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.