Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank (7750 Views)

Unified Dollars Rate: Boom DAO Launches Wrapped-enaira To Move Repatriate Money / The Federal Government Is Set To Repatriate Another $321million Abacha Loot / Multipurpose Cooperative Society "World Bank Grant" SCAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by 16Ebiscoo: 6:57am On Dec 20, 2018
Nigerians living in the United Kingdom sent £3.27 billion back home in 2017, according to a report by the World Bank.

A study researched by the bank has found that Nigeria was the top receiver of cash from the United Kingdom in 2017.

Nigeria was ranked the largest remittance recipient in sub-Saharan Africa and the sixth largest amongst lower-middle-income countries.

“Remittances to Sub-Saharan Africa are estimated to grow by 9.8 percent from $41 billion in 2017 to $45 billion in 2018. Projections indicate that remittances to the region will keep increasing, but at a lower rate, to $47 billion by 2019,” the report read.

“The upward trend observed since 2016 is explained by strong economic conditions in the high-income economies where many sub-Saharan African migrants earn their incomes.

Largest remittance recipient country in Sub-Saharan Africa and the sixth largest among the Low, Middle income Countries (LMICs) is expected to receive more than $25 billion in official remittances by the end of 2018, an increase of more than $3 billion compared with the previous year.”

According to the Bretton Wood institution, the average cost of sending money to sub-Saharan Africa decreased slightly.

“The average cost of sending $200 to the Sub-Saharan Africa region slightly decreased, averaging 8.9 percent in 2018 Q3, the lowest cost ever registered in the region.

“A declining trend has been observed in remittance costs in the region since the beginning of 2018, but this average remains far above the global average of 6.9 percent and the SDG target of 3 percent by 2030. (NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/20/nigerians-repatriate-3-27b-uk-world-bank/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:58am On Dec 20, 2018
Rough Calculation without a calculator : That is One trillion seven hundred sixty billion Naira!!.

Nigerians get money sha!
Coded people! wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by B3sty(m): 6:59am On Dec 20, 2018
This is Huge to some extent.
May God Bless Our Brothers, Sisters, Uncles, Aunties and all Other Nigerians Hustling legitimately within &
Outside the Shores of this Country ...May God Bless you all for thinking about your Fatherland, these Monies sent Back Home � has elevated a lot of us directly or indirectly. May God continue to to enlarge our/your Coast.
Amen!
Seasonal Greetings to you All!!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by DauraIsAGoal: 6:59am On Dec 20, 2018
Can they tell us how much was sent from Nigeria to the UK for expensive school fees, purchase of properties, repatriation from companies like Shell etc?

I am sure it's much higher

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by Cutefergieee: 6:59am On Dec 20, 2018
Uok
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by Skirmishes(m): 7:00am On Dec 20, 2018
Am waiting for zombies to come shout Sai baba..

Let me first take selfie

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by easynetsms(m): 7:00am On Dec 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by sureheaven(m): 7:00am On Dec 20, 2018
It's alright.

Next news please
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by allanphash7(m): 7:00am On Dec 20, 2018
Nice
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 20, 2018
Them don need am now
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by FarahAideed: 7:01am On Dec 20, 2018
these are the monies that completely stopped the Niigerian economy from collapsing under Buhari , as a business man most of of my survival this year came from business transactions from the UK and also this data makes sense because If was to send on income income from my Ad business in Nigeria i would have starved

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by helinues: 7:01am On Dec 20, 2018
More than the amount.

Black market Fx not included

Almost half gone through e-currency and cypto currency

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by helinues: 7:04am On Dec 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by SignatureNG(f): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2018
How much of that stems from Yahoo Yahoo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by Racoon(m): 7:09am On Dec 20, 2018
Yet this will not stop the Nigerian government from more borrowing to fund debts or fund budget.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by Computergloba: 7:11am On Dec 20, 2018
Skirmishes:
Am waiting for zombies to come shout Sai baba..

Let me first take selfie

Lol
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:19am On Dec 20, 2018
B3sty:
This is Huge to some extent.
May God Bless Our Brothers, Sisters, Uncles, Aunties and all Other Nigerians Hustling legitimately within &
Outside the Shores of this Country ...May God Bless you all for thinking about your Fatherland, these Monies sent Back Home � has elevated a lot of us directly or indirectly. May God continue to to enlarge our/your Coast.
Amen!
Seasonal Greetings to you All!!!
AMEN!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by 34webers(m): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2018
[s]
FarahAideed:
these are the monies that completely stopped the Niigerian economy from collapsing under Buhari , as a business man most of of my survival this year came from business transactions from the UK and also this data makes sense because If was to send on income income from my Ad business in Nigeria i would have starved
[/s]
Stop posting nonsense. Or are you related to chung ching obliar?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by 34webers(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2018
[s]
Racoon:
Yet this will not stop the Nigerian government from more borrowing to fund debts or fund budget.
[/s]
This one doesn't even understand anything about this report.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by dokyOloye: 7:25am On Dec 20, 2018
And these are d same ppl Buhari said they are criminals.
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by Jbleenk: 7:27am On Dec 20, 2018
Gaddamnniitt!!! This is huger than the trade btw both countries sef. UK no go bankrupt so

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by sammyj: 7:28am On Dec 20, 2018
How does translate to food and governance for the people. This world bank people keeps exposing Bringing out Data that will expose our people in the UK!! shocked cool
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by greatiyk4u(m): 7:31am On Dec 20, 2018
FarahAideed:

Lolz, u are into illegal business a reason u want Mr Integrity out

Now we now
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by TEYA: 7:31am On Dec 20, 2018
FarahAideed:
I am sure even when having sėx, you always find a way of screaming "Buhari" before orgasm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by ignant: 7:38am On Dec 20, 2018
"Snatch my nigga Emory up, told him to tell about me, he told them go to hell, give me 12 rather than tell about him"

Thank you Nigerians (and non-Nigerians) in the UK for the bread.
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2018
Anybody that believe this crap.i hope you have sense.

Yesterday it was millions today it is billion.

Imagine all these billion figure were true that means we will not have been in a currency crises.

If this is not a ego bragging right i wonder what is it.

lies lies lies.

no data to back up your claim just some blogger posting none sense.
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by SIRTee15: 8:35am On Dec 20, 2018
thebosstrevor:
Anybody that believe this crap.i hope you have sense.

Yesterday it was millions today it is billion.

Imagine all these billion figure were true that means we will not have been in a currency crises.

If this is not a ego bragging right i wonder what is it.

lies lies lies.

no data to back up your claim just some blogger posting none sense.

http://www.pewglobal.org/interactives/remittance-map/
Go through the link.....
And search for outgoing uk or any other country....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by Krafty006: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2018
If u dey receive, empower others
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by OpenYourEyes1: 9:56am On Dec 20, 2018
DauraIsAGoal:
Can they tell us how much was sent from Nigeria to the UK for expensive school fees, purchase of properties, repatriation from companies like Shell etc?

I am sure it's much higher

Excellent!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by OpenYourEyes1: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2018
Re: Nigerians Repatriate £3.27b From UK — World Bank by berbs: 11:32am On Dec 20, 2018
Racoon:
Yes oooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Become An Fm(Federico Mahora) Distributor / Breach Of Confidentiality By Diamond Bank / Have Your Bank Complied With The New CBN Cashless Policy Circular?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.