Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,804 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu (16488 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / Caption This Photo Of Aisha Buhari Presentation To Dame Amaechi / Donald Duke Releases 2019 Campaign Posters For Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by hyfr(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2018
post=74009119:
President MUHAMMADU BUHARI, we want you to know that the real, true, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians are with you in this journey of taking our country to the land flowing with milk and honey.
We are solidly behind you as you take us to the NEXT LEVEL

We love you so much Your Excellency.
your insubordination in critical matters is so disgusting. You're a disgrace bro

1 Like

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by VcStunner(m): 7:59am On Dec 20, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

What do you think?

Don't you think the sitting government have better projections of the stats?

Why would they shortchange themselves?
I seriously doubt that. They are overly optimistic. At the end of the day budget performance will be kept an an all time low. Not good for a country looking for FDI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by grandstar(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2018
Budget should have been based on 1.9m barrel a day production.

Economic growth rate of 3.01% is very poor as that means per capita income increases by only 0.51% in real terms considering population growth rate is 2.5%.

Worse, the forecast is too rosy and I'll say growth won't exceed 2.5% max which means 0% growth in real terms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by ehissi(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2018
Mowoe:

I liked your post on another thread (Thank God for football). Y'all keep singing NEXT LEVEL! NEXT LEVEL!! Of what if I may ask? This man just said the plain truth, just as Reno did; but your love for Mediocrity would not let you see it. What have you said to factually counter his claims? None! All y'all zombies look for is a chance to 'Sai Baba.'

The earlier y'all start telling yourselves the truth which is that although Jonathan failed, baba has failed even more, there's a big chance that we're not going anywhere in this our Naija.

FTC dedicated to the hopeful libereration of all Zombies, starting with the meat seller.

My friend what are you talking about? Love for mediocrity? These guys are paid employees of the BMC (Buhari Media Centre), whose task amongst others is to hail/hype/market President Buhari come what may........... undecided

Are you expecting him not to love mediocrity and loose December Alert? Do you know how long it took for October alert to enter?.........angry

Mind yourself ooooh....... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by deomelllo: 8:13am On Dec 20, 2018
5Ebiscoo:
The Presidential Candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), has reacted to presentation and details of the 2019 budget by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday at the National Assembly

Buhari had on Wednesday presented a proposed N8.83trn fiscal 2019 budget to a joint session of the National Assembly.

In the budget, oil prices was estimated at $60 per barrel while production was 2.3m per day.

“The 2019 Budget proposal is based on the following assumptions:Oil price benchmark of $60 per barrel;

b. Oil production estimate of 2.3 million barrels per day, including condensates;

c. Exchange rate of N305/$;

d. Real GDP growth of 3.01 percent; and

e. Inflation Rate of 9.98 percent.

“With regard to oil production, I have directed the NPPC to take all possible measures to achieve the targeted oil production of 2.3 million barrels per day,” Buhari said.

But, reacting, Duke took to his Twitter page criticising the proposed oil price and production by President Buhari.

The former Governor of Cross River state noted that the forecast of oil price and production by the President shows his government is not taking Nigerians forward.

He also condemned President Buhari for presenting 2019 budget in December.

Duke wrote: “Submitting a budget in December for 2019, assuming an oil price of $60 when current prices are mid $50’s, forecasting oil production at 2.3m a day when this years average is 1.9m tells us these folk in government are taking us nowhere.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/20/national-assembly-donald-duke-faults-president-buharis-presentation-2019-budget/

Budgets are nothing but proposals and estimations, it's not set in stone.

Relax and stop playing smart over nothing.
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by dante0147: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2018
post=74009119:
President MUHAMMADU BUHARI, we want you to know that the real, true, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians are with you in this journey of taking our country to the land flowing with milk and honey.

I am sure your grills are always burnt thats why you have a burnt brain!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:16am On Dec 20, 2018
dante0147:

I am sure your grills are always burnt thats why you have a burnt brain!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA and dante0147 above! cheesy
Even tho we don't know him, but God bless him still! cheesy
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:23am On Dec 20, 2018
VcStunner:
I seriously doubt that. They are overly optimistic. At the end of the day budget performance will be kept an an all time low. Not good for a country looking for FDI

Optimism of this kind will be a great flaw.

Perhaps they have statistical projections.
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Emmariks(m): 8:23am On Dec 20, 2018
ClearFlair:

All these people just talk even when they did nothing while in power.
seems you don't know Duke neither have you heard of his achievement.
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Tycoon007(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2018
Greetings from ABSOLUTE UNISEX FABRICS, I want to snap pics, e e e I like ur magic, kwado lawa, I want to shower, feeling this water, katsina is brighter, I want to snap chat, bt d guy is really fat, too much money, I feel like Hot, e e e good morning, bring money, first mornie, I really need to travel, got a fine marble, get to see the china, Peter Obi, African china, yes that is the stamina.....
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by deomelllo: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2018
Funny how these PDP and former PDP people are all of a sudden playing smart and concerned about Nigeria and the Nigerian economy after participating in the largest looting and stealing endeavors in the history of mankind.

They know so much about Economy that till their last days and after 16 years of looting and stealing, they were borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salary.

They left thousands of abandoned projects all over the country.

They gave us darkness in return for the $16 billion power fund they looted.

Now they are economic kabukabu experts.

Thank God Nigerians got rid of these worthless elements..

1 Like

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Trustee1: 8:34am On Dec 20, 2018
post=74009119:

I feel irritated when I see fools, but I feel highly disgusted when I see idiotic fools which you happen to be one,Donald and reno stated real facts! But all slaves like you do is ignore articles (which you obviously can't read) and comment foolishly. You really should've been one of the ten thousands of Nigerians slaughtered be the inhuman herdsmens, then we'll know if your blind father instigating you to support the lifeless impostor will still be on his side. Product of a failed condom.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Trustee1: 8:34am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:
Funny how these PDP and former PDP people are all of a sudden playing smart and concerned about Nigeria and the Nigerian economy after participating in the largest looting and stealing endeavors in the history of mankind.

They know so much about Economy that till their last days and after 16 years of looting and stealing, they were borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salary.

You're the worthless element here.
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Whazar(m): 8:52am On Dec 20, 2018
post=74009119:

are u sure you are okay?
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by emsheddy(m): 8:57am On Dec 20, 2018
post=74009119:

If you are a graduate, then i think your parents wasted the money used for paying your fees. You are an enemy of common sense
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by akigbemaru: 8:58am On Dec 20, 2018
jaxxy:
Still highly dependent on oil and not making any enviable and intelligent plans for the future is like a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by deomelllo: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2018
Trustee1:

I feel irritated when I see fools, but I feel highly disgusted when I see idiotic fools which you happen to be one,Donald and reno stated real facts! But all slaves like you do is ignore articles (which you obviously can't read) and comment foolishly. You really should've been one of the ten thousands of Nigerians slaughtered be the inhuman herdsmens, then we'll know if your blind father instigating you to support the lifeless impostor will still be on his side. Product of a failed condom.

Funny how they didn't have any facts for their looting and stealing 16 years and thousands of project abandonment, darkness, poor roads, lousy healthcare,, not a single bridge, borrowing billions to pay workers salary, undiversified economy and even as we speak, NASS workers are ons= strike because SARAKI and his looting and stealing PDP gang don steal their salaries.

The only facts PDP have are related to looting and stealing.
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Whazar(m): 9:03am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

did u say former PDP members hmm they plenty 4 APC lol
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by deomelllo: 9:08am On Dec 20, 2018
Whazar:

did u say former PDP members hmm they plenty 4 APC lol

I don't remember saying there are none
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Whazar(m): 9:19am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

I don't remember saying there are none
then u know ur APC shit ain't a saint one either,
obviously that's why things are not still going well now except u want to keep deceiving urself.. it's ur choice
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by VcStunner(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

Optimism of this kind will be a great flaw.

Perhaps they have statistical projections.
what is statistics really? Future projections are based on past trends. U study the trends and forecast. 2017 and 2018 budgets performed below 50%, to me that's highly unacceptable. What gives you the optimism to think 2019 will be any better considering u are going into a general election with lots of uncertainty to consider?
Well, they have professionals among them no doubt, but then...
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by donnie(m): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2018
5Ebiscoo:

But, reacting, Duke took to his Twitter page criticising the proposed oil price and production by President Buhari.

The former Governor of Cross River state noted that the forecast of oil price and production by the President shows his government is not taking Nigerians forward.

Duke wrote: “Submitting a budget in December for 2019, assuming an oil price of $60 when current prices are mid $50’s, forecasting oil production at 2.3m a day when this years average is 1.9m tells us these folk in government are taking us nowhere.”

You don't want them to pad even small? Habba

Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Tampiko(m): 11:42am On Dec 20, 2018
5Ebiscoo:
The Presidential Candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), has reacted to presentation and details of the 2019 budget by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday at the National Assembly

Buhari had on Wednesday presented a proposed N8.83trn fiscal 2019 budget to a joint session of the National Assembly.

In the budget, oil prices was estimated at $60 per barrel while production was 2.3m per day.

“The 2019 Budget proposal is based on the following assumptions:Oil price benchmark of $60 per barrel;

b. Oil production estimate of 2.3 million barrels per day, including condensates;

c. Exchange rate of N305/$;

d. Real GDP growth of 3.01 percent; and

e. Inflation Rate of 9.98 percent.

“With regard to oil production, I have directed the NPPC to take all possible measures to achieve the targeted oil production of 2.3 million barrels per day,” Buhari said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/20/national-assembly-donald-duke-faults-president-buharis-presentation-2019-budget/
Absolutely sir!
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Jowanson: 11:54am On Dec 20, 2018
post=74009119:

Its very funny when I see post like this that lack objectivity.... You see the minimum wage captured in the budget but you have failed to ask critical questions like how and where will they get the money to service it if the oil price projection is false and taking in cognizance what is happening globally in the oil market....

There is over supply of crude oil globally no thanks to the US booming shale oil era and Saudi Arabia not wanting to cut oil cos they are trying to bribe and be in the good books of the united States... This fundamental news will have an adverse effect on the oil price next year...not to talk of the fact Nigeria is not even producing at full capacity.... So where will the money come from to pay for the high recurrent expenditures?

Its gonna be so tough come next year....

We need different ideologies and people who know how the economy should run to handle the affairs of Nigeria.

There are so many leakages in most govt parastatals and agencies...they need to be privatized and let govt serve has monitors...Govt should not be involved in business..they should be involved more in monitoring and providing a level play ground for business actors to play on and the govt will be the umpire...This will help govt to reduce cost of governance and channel such to education, health care and infrastructural dev.

Times have changed and people are wise now...no one who made mistakes in the past govt will come in again and make such mistakes again knowing fully well that the people are wise now...

We need to get this nation working again.

Not shouting sai baba...up and down.
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 20, 2018
gare:
This is the kind of words government you want Nigerians to continue with. So what happens if we can not meet the $60 and 2.3m production per day.

This is poor planning I hope the National Assembly can do some justice to it

what the president did reminds me of when we were younger, over parent would buy over size shirt & shorts for us ... we can wear those shoes with papers packed in it ... if you like grow or donnt grow the shoes serves you.
the only reason for projecting a price rise & higher estimate of production is just to creat room for more infrastructural development ... if the prediction cum to reality fine. if it does not we maintain our pace of progress .... simple
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Nasir123(m): 12:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
These are the kind of people we need in opposition.
PDP is nt it.
#spit!
Re: National Assembly: Donald Duke Faults President Buhari’s Presentation Of 2019 Bu by Splashme: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
Mowoe:

I liked your post on another thread (Thank God for football). Y'all keep singing NEXT LEVEL! NEXT LEVEL!! Of what if I may ask? This man just said the plain truth, just as Reno did; but your love for Mediocrity would not let you see it. What matters of fact have you raised to counter his claims? None! All y'all zombies look for is a chance to 'Sai Baba.'

The earlier y'all start telling yourselves the truth which is that although Jonathan failed, baba has failed even more, there's a big chance that we're not going anywhere in this our Naija.

FTC dedicated to the hopeful libereration of all Zombies, starting with the meat seller.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again / Zamfara Governorship Election Inconclusive - Court Of Appeal / June 12th, Abiola, Susan Rice And A Cup Of Tea - Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.