Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget (12158 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari Votes In Daura, Displays Ballot Paper In Public / President Buhari Votes In Daura / INEC Needs N305bn For 2023 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by DaV8King(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2018
USD 1 billion for fuel subsidy 4 years later?

I thought we are meant to have 40 naira fuel without subsidy by now.

Biko politicians should learn to start being real with Nigerians ahnn
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 20, 2018
Lol! To even think that some people believe that this man has an iota of integrity in him

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Nitah1: 11:09am On Dec 20, 2018
sage101:
Same Buhari that said "Whats Subsidy"

And even announced it has been removed and thats while Fuel Price was increased to #145
Is for gej debt,not for a fresh subsidies.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Philinho(m): 11:09am On Dec 20, 2018
Subsidy is multiplying oooo....If buhari wins, fuel price increase is inevitable.........

1 Like

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by buckbuz(m): 11:11am On Dec 20, 2018
Government wey go remove this subsidy something go sweat
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by troubleboi: 11:11am On Dec 20, 2018
I am tired of APC and PDP...

Am giving Omoyele Sowore my vote..
Vote for a young and vibrant individual for President

Vote AAC...

If operamini is not paying you for browsing, my guy change your browser... Click my signature below and get paid as u re using the Internet...its free..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by arrestdarrester: 11:14am On Dec 20, 2018
With N305bn for subsidies I can confidently tell you the new fuel price for 2019.

This next level (God forbid) go harsh, na lie, e go wicked die!
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by sage101: 11:14am On Dec 20, 2018
Nitah1:
hahahahahaha
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by gurunlocker: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2018
grin grin grin

Buhari is a scam please! From not knowing what fuel subsidy is, to removing fuel subsidy and increasing pump price to #145, and now paying huge money for that same subsidy that has been removed grin grin

Yahoo Bubu No Laptop (YBNL) grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Ragnorak: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2018
APC is a curse upon Nigeria. May God forgive us our sins and lift this curse that has fallen upon us.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by theoldpretender(m): 11:15am On Dec 20, 2018
Ogaga87:
And fuel is 145
The looters left it at 97

The N97 price was no longer sustainable by 2013....because the cost of importing one liter of fuel was higher than the cost of selling one liter of fuel. By 2014...it was only in Lagos and Abuja that N97 was in place, everywhere else it was N120 and above.

Also, because of the fact that prices were kept at N97....our government got into debt paying subsidy claims...which Bubu is still struggling to pay.

As for the subsidy we are paying now...it costs N180 to import one liter of fuel. Govt pays NNPC (NOW the sole importer) a subsidy to keep fuel at N145.

And even if ALL our refineries were working at full capacity....remember the last refinery was opened in 1988....30 years ago. Our needs have shot up drastically since then. Hence the importing.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by emmie14: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2018
Ogaga87:
And fuel is 145
The looters left it at 97
Looters budget -- 4.5 trillion subsequently for 4years under GEJ
Integrity budget -- 6.5 in 2015 and 8.8 trillion in 2019

What is your standard of living naijas

Bro. Abeg how much will it cost these foo..ilsh leaders to get our refineries working?
If the federal government cannot finance the refineries they go into contracts with Chinese and solve this once and for all.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by theoldpretender(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2018
emmie14:

Bro. Abeg how much will it cost these foo..ilsh leaders to get our refineries working?

Even if all our refineries are working...we would still need to import because the last one was opened in 1988....when our fuel needs were far less than they are now.

And someone estimated we would need to import fuel as much as 50million liters per day even when refinereis work.

Dangote.?....Dangote is coming on stream at quarter capacity....and is set to reach half capacity by 2030...so dont rely on Dangote.

Only way we can build more refineries....now that we are not earning enough from oil....is to remove fuel subsidy which means high prices of N250 or more for petrol...but more investors come in.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Andrewkinggg: 11:19am On Dec 20, 2018
Nitah1:
As old as you are u cannot follow national politics, instead you gets ur news from beer parlour.
That money is for the payment of gej subsidy debt.

You have problem

1 Like

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by abokikhalifa: 11:19am On Dec 20, 2018
BlackSpanner:
How can a serious government present a budget 6 days to Christmas knowing fully well that the NASS will be shutting down for the year anytime soon.

When they reconvene by January, most of them will be preoccupied with campaigns rather than passing this budget. I'm afraid this budget might be passed by May 2019.

The same people who carried out the occupy Nigeria protest during the GEJ administration telling us that subsidy is a scam now with no shame are voting billions of Naira in the budget. Nigerians indeed deserve something better than this APC scam government.

Jonathan as moved on
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by SmilingMary(m): 11:22am On Dec 20, 2018
Nitah1:

Will u just shut da hell up.... Is ur brain paining u or u just choose to be this stewpid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by emmie14: 11:22am On Dec 20, 2018
theoldpretender:

Even if all our refineries are working...we would still need to import because the last one was opened in 1988....when our fuel needs were far less than they are now.

And someone estimated we would need to import fuel as much as 50million liters per day even when refinereis work.

Dangote.?....Dangote is coming on stream at quarter capacity....and is set to reach half capacity by 2030...so dont rely on Dangote.

Only way we can build more refineries....now that we are not earning enough from oil....is to remove fuel subsidy which means high prices of N250 or more for petrol...but more investors come in.
They should allow investors to come in and expand our refineries to production capacity that can meet up with the demands of our population
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by theoldpretender(m): 11:25am On Dec 20, 2018
gurunlocker:
grin grin grin

Buhari is a scam please! From not knowing what fuel subsidy is, to removing fuel subsidy and increasing pump price to #145, and now paying huge money for that same subsidy that has been removed grin grin

Yahoo Bubu No Laptop (YBNL) grin

1.Bubu made the 'not knowing comment' in the face of the scams that were happening in the sector...scams which probably won't have happened if GEJ had been allowed to remive fuel subsidy in 2012.

2.At the time fuel was increased to N145....landing cost of one liter was N132 . We were selling fuel at N87. Meaning most marketers were selling at a loss. And then there were the debts in subsdiy claims form the GEJ admin (another effect of GEJ being forced to reverse his subsidy removal in 2012). OF COURSE BUBU HAD TO REMOVE SUBSIDY PARTIALLY...or else , most marketers would have gone out of business...or therre would have been permanent scarcity.

3.What happened was partial removal. (At the same time, NNPC was made the sole importer of fuel...and subsides are now paid to NNPC...instead of to marketers as before.). As long as government still sets the price, it isn't subsidy removal. Keep that in mind.

4.We need at least 3 new refienries, in additon to Dangote...to improve domestic refining capacity. And the only way to get there...compel;tely remoive subsidy, allow markterts set their prices the way they want (like in the GSM sector)...and who knows...investors will come and do things like new refineries (since they can now refine and sell at a profit)>

(Which is why Atiku's N90 for fuel plan won't work...it would make things worse...and it means increased subsidy payments).
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by tete7000(m): 11:26am On Dec 20, 2018
Truth will always prevail. With their own hands, Buhari and his apc cohorts continue to debunk their own lies. That people still want to continue to support this party built on quick sand of lies and propaganda will never stop baffling Mr.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by theoldpretender(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2018
emmie14:

They should allow investors to come in and expand our refineries to production capacity that can meet up with the demands of our population

Only way an investor is going to come in (good comment by the way) is if subsidy is remooved...meaning that investors can come in, refine fuel and sell at their price...not at government price(which wouldforcethem to sell at a loss).

But subsidy removal means high prices (as high as N250-300). Nigerians won't like that.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Nitah1: 11:28am On Dec 20, 2018
SmilingMary:

Will u just shut da hell up.... Is ur brain paining u or u just choose to be this stewpid
I don't insult people on social media unprovoked,but that is the attributes of pdp,truth is bitter.
Since buhari came to power he have been paying fr ur useless brother debt,this is what ur likes don't want to hear.
Next yr will do una like Bollywood movie.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Nitah1: 11:29am On Dec 20, 2018
Andrewkinggg:

You have problem
My problem is for you to get sense at least small.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Ogaga87(m): 11:31am On Dec 20, 2018
Osgilliat:
Fact

Make you nor jump any how O because before you digest some food that look bone free you much shine your eyes very well..

Do you know that the budget is a mere projection base on anticipated outcome?
If the oil that you benchmark for 60 dollars to fund your budget is now being sold for 10 dollars, your budget will not meet the expected revenue expected. This will cripple some of your expected expenses..

Back to your fact

Looking at what is conjure in that diagram, I can tell you that the subsidy started with a billion and went up to trillion. This could be due to outstanding payment that the budget for that period could not cover..

I don't want yo say much as I leave the rest for you to judge please..

Don't let anybody think you are gullible because OUR MUMU DON DO
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by gurunlocker: 11:31am On Dec 20, 2018
theoldpretender:

1.Bubu made the 'not knowing comment' in the face of the scams that were happening in the sector...scams which probably won't have happened if GEJ had been allowed to remive fuel subsidy in 2012.

2.At the time fuel was increased to N145....landing cost of one liter was N132 . We were selling fuel at N87. Meaning most marketers were selling at a loss. And then there were the debts in subsdiy claims form the GEJ admin (another effect of GEJ being forced to reverse his subsidy removal in 2012). OF COURSE BUBU HAD TO REMOVE SUBSIDY PARTIALLY...or else , most marketers would have gone out of business...or therre would have been permanent scarcity.

3.What happened was partial removal. (At the same time, NNPC was made the sole importer of fuel...and subsides are now paid to NNPC...instead of to marketers as before.). As long as government still sets the price, it isn't subsidy removal. Keep that in mind.

4.We need at least 3 new refienries, in additon to Dangote...to improve domestic refining capacity. And the only way to get there...compel;tely remoive subsidy, allow markterts set their prices the way they want (like in the GSM sector)...and who knows...investors will come and do things like new refineries (since they can now refine and sell at a profit)>

(Which is why Atiku's N90 for fuel plan won't work...it would make things worse...and it means increased subsidy payments).

What happened to the promise of fixing the refineries by 2019 according to this administration, in which Kachukwu said he will resign if our refineries is not functioning by 2019? Remember he said its no longer feasible again?

Do you know we will be spending $1bn on fuel subsidy in the next 3 years if this continues? Not adding how much has been spent already?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by theoldpretender(m): 11:33am On Dec 20, 2018
arrestdarrester:
With N305bn for subsidies I can confidently tell you the new fuel price for 2019.

This next level (God forbid) go harsh, na lie, e go wicked die!

The fact that they are paying subsides means that fuel price is going to stay at N145...for now.

(NNPC now being the sole importer of fuel MEANS that prices will stay low).

The truth is, there may be no price increase in the near future. Nor would there be removal of subsidy completely (it is not politically friendly...which is why Atiku is promising N90 fuel...which means that there would be dobule the money in subsidy payments. And Bubu does not want a people's rebellion either.).

Price icnreases will happen WHEN the landing costs increase to a point where maintaining subsidy payments is not feasible. For now NNPC is holding the fort by also dragging in money from places like the NLNG. The breakpoint for me (my uneducated opinion) is when it costs N200 to import 1 liter fuel....THAT'S when NNPC goes bananas so to speak...and prices go up.

I expect government to spend more on the subsidy. It is a bad decision IMO...but then again, Nigerian peopleprefer subsidy
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by deolu2000(m): 11:33am On Dec 20, 2018
APC and scam are inseparable. First they claimed subsidy is non existent and that GEJ and co are only stealing the funds, we the gullible went and occupy Nigeria. Finally they came to power and told us that if we allow them increase pump price, that in six months, our refineries will be fully operational and competition among the marketers will drive down the cost of PMS, boom they increased from #97-145. only for them to go about claiming to be paying 10X the value of subsidy to marketers despite all their claims.
my questions are the following,
1. Has our population increased so much? that we now utilize such volume of PMS within the period.
2. What happened to the money they claim they will save so as to get our refineries working, after all it is almost 3yrs now and no refinery is working more than at 25% capacity?
3. if our Budget increased from 4.2tr under GEJ to 8.8tr, please how has this reflected on our lives as ordinary citizens trying to survive on the streets?
someone should please enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by Guide777(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2018
Omeokachie:
In 2014, Buhari claimed not to know what subsidy was, but today he has paid more subsidy than any government in the history of Nigeria.

Hypocrisy and lies can only take a man a few steps, but truth will overtake in no time.
You are right.
APC said its central strongest point is corruption crusade. But the party its self is corruption personified as it has corrupted even good men who joined it. How can one explain why all their members become unrepentant liars and hypocrites?
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by theoldpretender(m): 11:41am On Dec 20, 2018
gurunlocker:

What happened to the promise of fixing the refineries by 2019 according to this administration, in which Kachukwu said he will resign if our refineries is not functioning by 2019? Remember he said its no longer feasible again?

Do you know we will be spending $1bn on fuel subsidy in the next 3 years if this continues? Not adding how much has been spent already?

1.Anytime I hear 'Fix the refineries'..I laugh.

Even if the refineries are fixed....our demand is much higher than it was when the Kaduna (the newest of the four) refinery was opened in 1988.

Unless NNPC built five new refineries in the last 30 years....I doubt fixing the refineries is going to sort out our problem. Far more people areusing cars, generators etc than they were in the year 1988.

If our demand had stayed static for the last 30 years....I would have agreed with Kalichukwu

2.I hear you on the $1bn....that is why I think that subsidy should go completely.

But the thing is, NO NIGERIAN WANTS THAT.See what happened in 2012...despite peoplelike Okonjo-Iweala and even the Emir of Kano (who to this day thinks that removing subsidy in 2012 was for the best) advising that subsidy remoival was right.....

Even Atiku, who might win next year...is promising N90 fuel...which means in the short term...HIGHER SUBSIDY BUDGET.

Even if BUBU comes and removes subsidy and tells Nigerians that he has saved the money...and is using it for sensible and verifiableprojects...no corruption even....Nigerians will throw him outof office...and the new guy will promptly reinstate subsides.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by theoldpretender(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2018
deolu2000:
APC and scam are inseparable. First they claimed subsidy is non existent and that GEJ and co are only stealing the funds, we the gullible went and occupy Nigeria. Finally they came to power and told us that if we allow them increase pump price, that in six months, our refineries will be fully operational and competition among the marketers will drive down the cost of PMS, boom they increased from #97-145. only for them to go about claiming to be paying 10X the value of subsidy to marketers despite all their claims.
my questions are the following,
1. Has our population increased so much? that we now utilize such volume of PMS within the period.
2. What happened to the money they claim they will save so as to get our refineries working, after all it is almost 3yrs now and no refinery is working more than at 25% capacity?
3. if our Budget increased from 4.2tr under GEJ to 8.8tr, please how has this reflected on our lives as ordinary citizens trying to survive on the streets?
someone should please enlighten me

Well here is what happened

As far back as 2010...govt could see that subsidising fuel would not be sustainable, hence the increase in price in 2012 from 65 to N140.

Nigerians portested....so prices went down to N97. At the time,landing cost was N99.

Landing costs increased, paying subsidy became unsustainable from2013.....and by 2015....landing cost was N132. Fuel was N87.

Bubu did two things

1.Ended importation by marketers,except for NNPC

2.Increased prices.

BUT...we still have subsidy claimsleft over from before the price increase...which Bubu is still paying off.

Also, landing costs are icnreasing.Right now...fuel is at N180 as landing cost. We pay N145 at the pump (N142 in some staitons).

So, subsequently....subsides must be paid...or fuel would cost N200 and more.

As for refineries...it isn't just fixing them...we need at least 4 new ones. Apart from Dangote...to meet domestic needs.

And since one new one costs $9bn (our reserve is $43bn. 4 refineries cost $36bn...spending our reserve would have bad news for our economy)....we have to attract investors. And the only way to do that is...by removing subsidy completely. IE govt stops setting prices, stops paying subsidy...and fuel would shoot up to N200 and above.
Re: Buhari Votes N305bn For Petrol Subsidy In N8.83tn 2019 Budget by figment232(m): 11:48am On Dec 20, 2018
Nitah1:
Lie! its Fresh subsidy they even termed it Underrecovery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maduka And The Unfinished Business With Agu Awka / Uche Ogah Declares To Join Abia Governorship Race (Video) / 2023: Peter Obi Is not new to the Rotten System, He Is No Threat To Me - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.