Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

10 Things To Never Say To A Car Salesman - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 10 Things To Never Say To A Car Salesman (514 Views)

Sold sold First Body Matrix For Sale 500k Last Pls Read Careful Things To Fix s / 10 Things Every Car Buyer Must Know / 8 Things To Watch Out For When Buying A Car In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things To Never Say To A Car Salesman by Chrisodogwu(m): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2018
Buying a car is always a challenging task, especially for first-time buyers. It is necessary to prepare a list of questions to ask the car dealer, and more importantly, learning about what not to say to car salespeople is also needful when entering into negotiations. Here are 10 things you should never say to a car dealer.

1. “I don’t know much about cars.”
Good car salesmen know full well their products and they’re always willing to sell you a vehicle. Confessing that you do not know much about vehicles accidentally gives them more chances of selling their car and superiority over you during ensuing negotiations. So, preparing as much knowledge about cars, particularly about the car you intend to purchase, as possible before entering a car lot will stand yourself in good stead for having a square deal.

2. “I’m just looking ...”
This may be the phrase car salespeople hear most, which tells them to stay far way their customers. They know that you’re just looking, otherwise you would not be here. You might not know that salesmen sell more cars at high prices to buyers who’re “just looking” than to those who make their intention clear and feel free to ask about specific vehicles, packages and prices. Thus, never say “I’m just looking…” Instead, open with questions showing you’re informed about the car you’re interested in. The salesperson’s answers also help you to determine if he/she is a knowledgeable one.

3. “I’m paying cash.”
Do not say this to the salesman right from the start. Rather, let them know later when negotiating the final price. This could save you quite a bit of money. Given that most today’s car buyers use financing, if the dealer assumes that you’re going to finance the vehicle, you might be offered with better price and promotions.

4. “My car just died so I really need a one.”
If you rush to the dealer because your car has just died, it is advisable not to let the salesman know. Stay neutral or you will be convinced by the salesman to go for a car which might not really meet your needs. Therefore, if you are in a crunch for a new set of wheels, consider borrowing or hiring car for a while so you have the time you need to find the right car.

5. “I really love this car!”
Showing emotion when making a deal is not recommended. Admitting how much you love the car signals that you can easily be persuaded by the deal that salesmen want you to have, not the one you want to have.

Those are 5 things you should never say to a car salesman we would like to introduce in this part. Another five ones will be coming up next in Part 2. So make a point of visiting our page Naijauto.com regularly to keep an eye out for it as well as getting more about useful car tips and advice.
Read the original article here https://naijauto.com/car-buying-and-selling/10-things-to-never-say-to-a-car-salesman-part-1-377

Re: 10 Things To Never Say To A Car Salesman by EbukaIam: 11:21am On Dec 27, 2018
it helps in a Nigeria full of scam
Re: 10 Things To Never Say To A Car Salesman by Chrisodogwu(m): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2018
EbukaIam:
it helps in a Nigeria full of scam
Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

.. / URGENT SALE: Nissan Quest In Good Working Condition At an affordable rate. 350k / Super Sharp Tokunbo Automatic 2005 Mazda 3 @1m450k Slightly Negotiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.