Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1045 Views)

I Have Lost Interest In Having Sex & It's Affecting My Wife / Whose Name Should Be Put On documents of Properties Acquired By Married Couples? / Man Forges Wife’s Landed Documents, Sells Her 2-storey Building In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by leks4sure(m): 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, I'm .
Re: . by KillTheZombies: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2018
Swear an affidavit for your birth certificate and change it to the one on your WAEC and degree to avoid stories in future, make sure your International passports and other particulars bear the names of degree and WAEC so they don't kick you out of the embassy when you need visa for international masters and PhD.

Forget about the name on the birth certificate ab initio, it will complicate thing for you in future.

2 Likes

Re: . by adontcare(f): 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
Do court affidavit change of name and newspaper publication to the name u want to be using. Henceforth start using that said name
Re: . by Florblu(f): 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
Continue with the names on your WAEC and degree certificate and swear an affidavit for your birth certificate. You can even get another birth certificate from.......(can't remember,but my parent got one for me around 2010 when the one issued at birth got missing)

2 Likes

Re: . by Codeblues(m): 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2018
I will advise you continue using the names on your academic certificates. You can go to your local government and get national population birth certificate bearing the names on your academic certs. I just dashed you my 50kobo recharge card.
Re: . by leks4sure(m): 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
Re: . by leks4sure(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2018
Re: . by sacx: 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
Don't complicate things further for yourself. Continue with the name on your degree certificate

1 Like

Re: . by superman1073: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Go to the NEAREST NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION OFFICE to authenticate you birth certificate.
Though you will spend.
Re: . by frozen70(f): 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
leks4sure:
Hello Nairalanders, I'm having issues with the names on my documents.
On my birth certificate, My name is written as Kikelomo (Surname), Oladapo Oluwaseun (Not my real name though)
On my WAEC Certificate, I have Kike (Surname), Dapo Oluwaseun as the name written on it.
On my Degree Certificate, I have the same name as it is on my WAEC. Since that's what's on my WAEC and UTME result at the time of admission.
Name on my NYSC discharge certificate is definitely what I have on my Degree Certificate.
Note: I couldn't correct those names as neither my school nor NYSC accepted that.
This problem happened due to the fact that I couldn't set my eyes on my birth certificate since I was born till when I wanted to do my documentation at the University. My parents are not educated, so none of them has ever followed me to school or checked my book throughout my schooling. It really pained me after discovering this fact.
After discovering this, I sworn an affidavit indicating all documents with those names are for 1 person which is me and should be regarded as 1. I also did newspaper publication to authenticate that.
My question is should I use the name on my Birth certificate or continue using the name on my academics documents for my job applications?
Note: I would love to use the name as it's on my Birth certificate as that's my actual given name and in other not to cause confusion in the future. I would like it to re-appear in my Passport, Master's degree, Professional qualifications, employment details and any other place henceforth.
Any implication with this and how to solve it?
Please I need urgent advice and recommendations from you all. Thanks as you do so

Just leave that name the way it is you have already gone far with it

When you marry and have kids, you put there names the way you want it to be and you may choose to give your family including your wife one if your names as their surname

(1) (Reply)

What Happens To Someone's Social Media Account When He's Dead? / Corona Virus Will Increase Nigeria Population / Reason Why Rema Is Disrespectful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.