Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying (948 Views)

My Husband Is So Annoying. I'm Depress. / Wife Breaks Bottle On Husband's Head After He Slapped Her-neighbours Hail Her On / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Having Sex With Her Neighbours Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by fineboynl(m): 12:04am On Nov 20, 2019
I am tired of my neighbor. it seems I need to keep hiding when I buy new stuff. he will ask how much you by it. and when you tell him he will say umm it cost oh. its so irritating. it hurt when you tell people price of what you buy and they will just like it expensive oh. the painful part is not that they want to buy or will ever buy it. why not go to market and see for yourself.

I just bought new split AC and will be hanging it this week. he will definitely sees it. I will need to keep hiding from him I don't want him to ask me how much I buy it. I don't want to stand that irritative response. abeg.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by leTrizzle: 12:12am On Nov 20, 2019
Issa naija something. grin
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Sonsly041(m): 1:33am On Nov 20, 2019
Is jealousy and when said is cost oo they are trying to discourage the buyer but deep inside them they like the item..

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Zombiekiller010: 3:23am On Nov 20, 2019
Just be careful so that he wont arrange with police to come and search your room, cus he doesn't expect you to afford having AC due to his own poverty mindset

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by kelechiodo(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2019
fineboynl:
I am tired of my neighbor. it seems I need to keep hiding when I buy new stuff. he will ask how much you by it. and when you tell him he will say umm it cost oh. its so irritating. it hurt when you tell people price of what you buy and they will just like it expensive oh. the painful part is not that they want to buy or will ever buy it. why not go to market and see for yourself.

I just bought new split AC and will be hanging it this week. he will definitely sees it. I will need to keep hiding from him I don't want him to ask me how much I buy it. I don't want to stand that irritative response. abeg.

Hahaha, that was how I dealt with one of my neighbours. He was fond of saying that what I bought was on the high side so I started lying to him concerning the price by reducing the price. One day I bought a rechargeable standing fine at 18000 and when he saw it and asked, but I I told him that I bought it 5000. The idiot still said "guy it cost oh". I merely ignored him not knowing that he was interested in buying such. The next day, he went to ogbete market and started wandering in the entire market looking for 5000 rechargeable standing fan. He would call me to direct him and I would gave him a vague direction. He later came back late in the evening and implored me to take his 5000 and help buy the stuff. I refused and redirected him, the next day, he took off again for the market and continue his wandering. He later demanded for the receipt in order to get the correct address but I merely told him that I left the shop without collecting any receipt.
When it happened to him the next time I bought generator, he stopped asking me such foolish question.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by ImaIma1(f): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2019
kelechiodo:

Hahaha, that was how I dealt with one of my neighbours. He was fond of saying that what I bought was on the high side so I started lying to him concerning the price by reducing the price. One day I bought a rechargeable standing fine at 18000 and when he saw it and asked, but I I told him that I bought it 5000. The idiot still said "guy it cost oh". I merely ignored him not knowing that he was interested in buying such. The next day, he went to ogbete market and started wandering in the entire market looking for 5000 rechargeable standing fan. He would call me to direct him and I would gave him a vague direction. He later came back late in the evening and implored me to take his 5000 and help buy the stuff. I refused and redirected him, the next day, he took off again for the market and continue his wandering. He later demanded for the receipt in order to get the correct address but I merely told him that I left the shop without collecting any receipt.
When it happened to him the next time I bought generator, he stopped asking me such foolish question.

cheesy

You are mean.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by nan1: 7:55am On Nov 20, 2019
kelechiodo:

I like this your style mine are my friends when I buy shoes or a new dress and tell them the price they think I'm lieing I'll adopt this method
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by tabithababy(f): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2019
kelechiodo:

I swear guy you are so funny
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by fineboynl(m): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
Just be careful so that he wont arrange with police to come and search your room, cus he doesn't expect you to afford having AC due to his own poverty mindset
guy you are right. there are some place you will rent and be scared to spend money on your urself...because the people don't believe or expect you to have that much on the things you purchased. its always advisable to stay in rich or close to rich environment. all this poor setting environment also check eyes on peoples progress.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Acidosis(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2019
kelechiodo:

grin grin grin Well-done, man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by foreveryoung1515(f): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

cheesy

You are mean.
so mean

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by ImaIma1(f): 10:08am On Nov 20, 2019
foreveryoung1515:
so mean

At least the guy will know the prices of all kinds of rechargeable fans by now cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by foreveryoung1515(f): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

At least the guy will know the prices of all kinds of rechargeable fans by now cheesy
like seriously!
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Sijo01(f): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2019
Sonsly041:
Is jealousy and when said is cost oo they are trying to discourage the buyer but deep inside them they like the item..

You've said it all! It's pure Jealousy.

People like that should be avoided with all you got.

There's this colleague of mine who's so good at it. She wants to know the cost of anything she see with me. House rent and cooking items inclusive. It's that bad.

Innocent me, I kept telling her. It's either she says it's too expensive or she will promise to get the same item; of which she has never done.

The most annoying of it all, she will do a quick calculation of your salary and compare it to the price of the item.

Though I sensed the jealousy in her and my inner mind kept urging me to be careful but the trust I had for her and because I took her like a sister let me left my guard down. And when she had the opportunity to betrayed me, she took a quick dive at it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Yoighaman(m): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2019
kelechiodo:

Nice one. Serves him right.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Starboytwo(m): 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
I dont talk price.... That has been one of my policy for the year...

A month ago, I got a new TV for my biz, and I got ask the most irritating question, baba how much you con later get the TV?

Me- (with a disgust face) what?

I say how much you con get this thing

Me- oh, my brother got it,

And you don't have an idea

Me- hmmm, oh, umm maybe 10k Sha, I don't know....
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
fineboynl:

If you buy something worth 70k,just tell them u bought it for 20k.
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Amarisa(f): 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
kelechiodo:

grin grin grin....serves him right..

Dont always let your neighbor see or know when you bringing in new stuff..people can be something else o...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by fineboynl(m): 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
kelechiodo:

guy don't be surprise that guy might think I can get it far less. it might be pricing it 2k in market before he realizes that he can't get it for even 5k
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Makaveli217(m): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2019
Even when I'm coming from the store I got something, with the item on my hand, ask me how much I got it I'll tell you I can't remember.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by fineboynl(m): 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2019
seun, lalasticlala
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by Sonsly041(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
Sijo01:

You've said it all! It's pure Jealousy.

People like that should be avoided with all you got.

There's this colleague of mine who's so good at it. She wants to know the cost of anything she see with me. House rent and cooking items inclusive. It's that bad.

Innocent me, I kept telling her. It's either she says it's too expensive or she will promise to get the same item; of which she has never done.

The most annoying of it all, she will do a quick calculation of your salary and compare it to the price of the item.

Though I sensed the jealousy in her and my inner mind kept urging me to be careful but the trust I had for her and because I took her like a sister let me left my guard down. And when she had the opportunity to betrayed me, she took a quick dive at it.

Be careful with her because people like her can do and undo at anytime
Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by LadySarah: 11:28pm On Nov 20, 2019
Omg!,i wanted to open this thread today.
I hate it from the pit of my stomach.
Gosh i have a neighbour that keeps doing this,surprisingly she is always present when i'm carrying bags inside.

She will buy foodstuffs and keep at her verandah waiting for others to come and hear how she bought'#200 meat that filled a nylon grin grin.I have told her off on several occasions but she wont get the message.

Today i bought several tubers of yam from a hausa trader whom she calledoo.Oya,buy nah,she was just hanging around,telling me she will buy 2moro.Later she came to ask mw how much i bought them so that she will tell me as usual that I was cheated.

I just ignored her.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Neighbours Ask How Much You Buy It. It Cost Oh. So Annoying by nlPoster: 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
sigh

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Classy Female Buddy / Kiddies Table & Chairs For Sale / Am I Losing An Opportunity Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.