Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) (37413 Views)

This Is What Happens When You Buy A Car To Impress The Society / Mercedes Benz W124 Popularly Known As 'V-Boot' Is 35 Years Old (Photos) / What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by OlujobaSamuel: 4:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
CityNGR:
Why do you have an inordinate amount of VW Audi products up there?

Out of the total of 11 pictures... 7 are of vw/Audi
Those cars strong wella, so people tend to use them for rough work, using a Toyota or Nissan for such fit damage vehicle while Benz users see their car as one luxury wey no dey for dirty job even if the vehicle na old model
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by vabok(m): 4:24pm On Dec 20, 2018
They should buy this model with extra booth...

Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by Solomon21746: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
[i][/i]

Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2018
Edo N’Imose grin
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by datyrone(m): 4:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
my guy in Nigeria every part of a commercial vehicle is used to load goods as long as you have strong and long rope(s)
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
CityNGR:

very Good observation!
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by elderken(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
Lol
Only in Africa
autojosh:
The North Americans call it the trunk.

The British call it the boot.

In Indian English, it is referred to as dickie.

In South-East Asia, it is popularly referred to as the compartment.

These are all terms used to refer to the place at the back of a vehicle for putting luggage in.

In Nigeria, where the British English language is adopted, it is more commonly referred to as the boot.

Some vehicles are known to have their boots located at the front end of the vehicle. However, it has become a de facto standard to have the boots located at the rear end of vehicles.

Sometimes, it appears that the manufacturer’s design capacity becomes inadequate for some drivers of these cars.

This can be illustrated by the photos below.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-what-happens-when-the-boot-of-a-car-becomes-inadequate-photos/

Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by adetes: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
Come see plenty of this in ondo state
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by blowjohn(m): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Autojosh

Wetin benin people do you today sad

Obviously a Benin thing.
Benin city is dumping ground for ancient Audi and Volkswagen vehicles.
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by adetes: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
Road safety r nt doing any job, instead #500 will do
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by igwefivestar(m): 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
Getintouch2004:

so you had to quote everything just to type "ok"?

Are You Normal At All?
lol, Nawao! If u quote they will complain, if u don't they will still complain. Oh, now I knew I have fans, so u will waiting for me to quote so u can learn from me, don't be disappointed I will some other time am just busy now. grin grin
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by mrobifred: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
Congrats to all my subscriber this week , we keep winning , DM to be part of the winnings, Xmas Grove so such .

Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by loadedvibes: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
Autojosh e dey like say you don't relocate to benin.. they way you dey expose Benin these days en.. I no understand o
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by 2shure: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
tv road
volvo pix..ugbowo. just afta uselu near efex transport
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by nickxtra(m): 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
autojosh:
The North Americans call it the trunk.

The British call it the boot.

In Indian English, it is referred to as dickie.

In South-East Asia, it is popularly referred to as the compartment.

These are all terms used to refer to the place at the back of a vehicle for putting luggage in.

In Nigeria, where the British English language is adopted, it is more commonly referred to as the boot.

Some vehicles are known to have their boots located at the front end of the vehicle. However, it has become a de facto standard to have the boots located at the rear end of vehicles.

Sometimes, it appears that the manufacturer’s design capacity becomes inadequate for some drivers of these cars.

This can be illustrated by the photos below.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-what-happens-when-the-boot-of-a-car-becomes-inadequate-photos/

When did u go to Benin? I can see my family house in these pictures
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by Dannychukz(m): 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
CityNGR:

i guess its because he took those pics in Edo,Benin...that's their trademark vehicle
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by Darkseid(m): 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
CityNGR:

You probably haven't been to Benin before. In Benin, if 10 cars pass, 7 na Audi 80.
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
up vw, the jetta , passat models of 86 to 2001 are known to carry heavy loads across bad roads, just raise the springs and you ve got an suv clearance in a car.
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by Mutemenot(m): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2018
cheesy

Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by solpat(m): 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
Almost all the pictures are in Benin City. You stay in Benin city now shocked
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by domido(m): 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Autojosh

Wetin benin people do you today sad

I think say na only me see am

grin grin
Re: See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS) by highbee02: 10:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
SweetBuns:
Only in nigeria.
Mind you OP, foreigners also do this. Its just that its more orderly and arranged.
When whites go hiking, there is a frame above the car with allows you to fasten things on top the car (I'm sure some people don't know that)
So its not a Nigerian thing, cause most of your pics came from naija

Especially, Ibadan. The 4th pic says it all, u can c the color code of the commercial buses

(1) (2) (Reply)

#valentinesday: Special Volkswagen Spotted In Kano State Today (Photos) / Man Unclad Himself Because LASTMA Wants To Tow His Vehicle - Photos/video / ₦572m Volkner Mobil Motorhome That Comes With Hydraulic Supercar Garage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.