Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable (883 Views)

Beautiful Ladies Support Buhari And APC (Photos) / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 / "Support Buhari To Weed Out Thieves And Looters" - Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Agritech(m): 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2018
The Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria (RIFAN) and Fertilizers Producers and Suppliers Association of Nigeria (FEPSAN) have donated N1.77 billion to fund the re-election campaign of President Muhammadu Buhari

The associations disclosed this during a gala night organised by beneficiaries of the federal government’s anchor borrowers programme, at the state house conference centre, Abuja.

Aminu Goronyo, RIFAN president, said with a membership of about 12.2 million, and with each member donating N100 to the campaign, it will translate to N1.2 billion.

Thomas Etuh, president of FEPSAN, on his part, said FEPSAN is contributing N570 million to the re-election bid of the president.

Goronyo and Etuh said the programmes have changed the fortunes of the agriculture sector, which they described as unprecedented empowerment programme.

Goronyo said apart from the increasing progress in the sector, the president’s policies have also resulted in the saving of billions of naira for the country.

According to him, “all these achievements are from your commitments and favorable policies to agriculture.”

Etuh, on his part said N120 billion was saved in two years from fertilizer subsidy.

Godwin Emefiele, governor, Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN), said the ABP launched on November 17, 2015, has resulted in the saving of $800 million.

He said import bills before the introduction of the programme was as high as N1.4 trillion annually, adding that the programme has been created 2.5 million jobs from rice farming alone.

Emefiele described the programme as the most successful anchor programme in Africa, adding that “It has raised the standard of our farmers.

“The programme is changing the narrative of agricultural investments in Nigeria. It has brought the era of food security and sustenance leading to a cut in forex being used for the importation of rice and other food items into the country.”

https://www.thecable.ng/farmers-support-buharis-reelection-with-n1-77bn

1 Like

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by braine(m): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2018
Lies. Even as a Buharist, I know this is a lie.

What kind of electoral campaign money laundry is this?

They mean to tell me that close to 6% of Nigerians are rice farmers??

If so, where is the rice that these 12.2 million people cultivated?
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
grin
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2018
braine:

Stop claiming what you are not......you are simply a wailer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by braine(m): 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

So, Amy criticism of Buhari and APC means one is against them?
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by FarahAideed: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2018
that your excess crude account fund at work there
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2018
braine:

So, Amy criticism of Buhari and APC means one is against them?

Yes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by braine(m): 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

Yes

Look, regardless of candidates nor parties, if there's a chance our money is being stolen, we need to speak up.

Enough of the nonsense blinded followership.
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2018
braine:

Look, regardless of candidates nor parties, if there's a chance our money is being stolen, we need to speak up.

Enough of the nonsense blinded followership.

Show me the proof that Buhari is stealing your money

2 Likes

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by etebefia: 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
Corruption, systematic money laundering from the FG account.
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

So you think everyone can't reason...

Not everyone is a Fool my friend... This is propaganda

21 million Nigerians are unemployed.. And you are shouting sai barber... You are a disgrace to the youths
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

So you think everyone can't reason...

I'm a Fool my friend... This is propaganda

I'm a disgrace to the youths

Head is paining you

1 Like

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Amein(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2018
sai baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

Show me the proof that Buhari is stealing your money

Which proof do you need...
When ECA was depleted in just two weeks with no explanations...

This is a man who raised the pump prize from 87 to 145 thats he no longer pays for subsidy...
Little did we know that huge amount of subsidy was still in the budget...

How much did he use in treating himself in London... Till date no information on that
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

Head is paining you

You must be a Yoruba Muslim
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
Amein:
sai baba

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

You must be a Yoruba Muslim

How is my religion and tribe your business?
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

This is a man who raised the pump prize from 87 to 145 thats he no longer pays for subsidy...

How much did he use in treating himself in London... Till date no information on that

Go and read the story very well you will see all the needed info....stop disgracing yourself online

2 Likes

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

How is my religion and tribe your business?

Only tribalist and religious extremists support this government...

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world... You chant sai barber

21 million Nigerians are unemployed.... You chant sai barber

5million jobs lost in one year... You chant sai barber
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

Go and read the story very well you will see all the needed info....stop disgracing yourself online

You that read the story very well... Tell us

At least you are not disputing any other points ... You agree that Buhari is no different from Dandollar
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Only tribalist and religious extremists support this government...

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world... You chant sai barber

21 million Nigerians are unemployed.... You chant sai barber

5million jobs lost in one year... You chant sai barber

From what you are posting, It shows you are a teenager, I don't need to argue with u...at the bolded I'm a yoruba christian and I was born into CAC, infact I was a member of the Boys' Brigade Nigeria, Lagos state council, Somolu Battalion.....I have friends across all ethnic groups and religions.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by python2gbera: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
Atiku pigs right now..

-python2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

[s]
You that read the story very well... Tell us

At least you are not disputing any other points ... You agree that Buhari is no different from Dandollar[/s]

Go and read the story before I can have further conversation with u on the subject matter
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
omoowo8888:

From what you are posting, It shows you are a teenager, I don't need to argue with u...at the bolded I'm a yoruba christian and I was born into CAC, infact I was a member of the Boys' Brigade Nigeria, Lagos state council, Somolu Battalion.....I have friends across all ethnic groups and religions.....

What about the unbolded...

Only tribalist and religious extremists support this government..
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
python2gbera:
Atiku pigs right now..

-python2

Buhari is a failure whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures...
You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting a man who made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world

Shame on you
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Cajal(m): 8:02pm On Dec 20, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

..u don't have information at all
Check... 1billion us dollar for supartucano fighter jet
1billion us dollar for the re commencement of work on ajaokuta steel rolling mills..... All these are from ECA
1.68billion us dollar was also released for the latest Paris refund
PDP WOULD HAVE LOOTED ALL THESE
NO TO ATIKULIARS AND ATIKULOOSERS AND ATIKULOOTERS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by python2gbera: 8:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Buhari is a failure whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures...
You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting a man who made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world

Shame on you
Here's some facts to help screw up those loose bolts upstairs.

-python2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Highsigher(m): 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

What about the unbolded...

Only tribalist and religious extremists support this government..

Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by Nukilia: 9:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
python2gbera:

-python2

Buhari was voted to fix the economy but the sad fact is things are getting more expensive every blessed day.
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by zombieTRACKER: 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
python2gbera:

-python2

Jonathan was a failure
That's why we voted for change
I campaigned for Buhari
If you start comparing Jonathan with Buhari... Know we are in another deep mess
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by GarriKoro(m): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
braine:

As a so called IPOB Buharist you should realize that the rice farming industry isn't solely restricted to individuals who own rice paddys, but includes everyone involved in every activity concerning the rice industry. It starts from the fields and ends in your kitchen. 12 million is an inadequate representation sef
Re: Farmers Support Buhari’s Reelection With N1.77bn - The Cable by IsaAbubakar: 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2018
python2gbera:

-python2
mynd44 lalasticlala
rule 2

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: APC Has Finished Nigeria / Boko Haram Releases Photos Showing Raid On Army Barrack In Borno / APC Expels Imo Governorship Candidate Hope Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.