Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala (38097 Views)

Customs: We Gave Bandits 7 Bags Of Seized Rice To Save Our Lives / Cairo Ojougboh: We Gave Indigenes N340m To Help Inspectors Identify Projects / FG Okays N17bn For Acquisition Of Monitoring Device For Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala by Slimpotter(m): 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2018
Xisnin:

The CPC engages in lobbying, they don't just publicize it.
There are opposition groups even within the CPC.
Even the process of choosing the president involves lobbying, compromises, and voting.
Lobbying is found within all civilized societies.

I will only support this bill if you credit my account with 10 million - that is bribery and extortion.
Include a road project to my village so I can support the unusually large allocation to your ministry - that is lobbying.

Got it?
Yep I do...you've made clear points.
Re: We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala by Emmanuel5990(m): 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
Christmas Discount !!!!!!!!Christmas Discount !!!!!!!!Christmas Discount !!!!!!!!.....We did it before and we are here again With ""Emmanuel's Awful Fixed Games"
Buy 50 Odds And Get A Standing Fan!!!!!!
Buy 80 Odds And Get An Oven!!!!!!
Buy 100 Odds And Get A Generator!!!!!!
Abeg Nor say I nor tell you oooooo and if you won reach the Emmanuel call am or whatsapp am with this number +2349067145570

1 Share

Re: We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala by sweetgala(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2018
Xisnin:

Don't liberally talk about legality.
Please quote the section of the constitution which bars NASS from reducing or increasing parts of budgetary allocation.

[qupte]
If you are not aware I am bringing you what is a verified open secret within the political elite, that 17million [b]would have been disbursed [/b]to the NASS members through the leadership who would negotiate

I don't deal in supposition, provide proof that NOI withdrew 17 billion and gave it to senators.
I will never fall for fake sensationalist news.

Fake sensationalism you say, while I've been suspicious about many things discussed within NOI book the fact that NASS members are given money by the Executive to pass bills and influence the legislature is not new within Nigeria. Governors do it, and from the time of OBJ third term that has been the order of the day.

The legislature does not have the constitutional authority to insert and remove headings from within the budget without the prior consent of the budgeting department of the executive and respective ministries.
Re: We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala by drskyfly007(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2018
Nigeria's MAJOR PROBLEM is the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY..remove those set of people and see Nigeria climbing out from that poverty capital of the world tag!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sacking Of Oshiomhole & His NWC: CPC's Weeding Mode Re-Activated - Danfulani / Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.