Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,528 members, 7,854,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:39 PM

Fraudsters in Idumota, lagos...guess what they do! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudsters in Idumota, lagos...guess what they do! (1042 Views)

Beware Of This Two Criminals At Idumota Lagos State / EFCC Arrests 22 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Delta State / Friends Lament As Man Is Shot Dead By Gunmen In Idumota Area Of Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudsters in Idumota, lagos...guess what they do! by Benzinoooo: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2018
Should we blame all that happens in this country on the economic state she is in? We claim we have laws to fight against all forms of illegality in Nigeria. Nevertheless, welcome to Lagos where people violate laws with impunity.
Telling people a lot of strange things happens in Lagos has become cliché. According to P.T. Barnum, " a sucker is born every minute" inotherwords, humans are gullible and we can expect that to continue.
Walking through a very busy road in Idumota very close to U.B.A some days ago, I came across a group of men whose tool of trade is deception. They stop passers-by, lure them into their trick by telling them they are on Promo and also give them card to randomly mark some digits and afterwards they will tell the sucker he has won a particular price and that he has the option of collecting the money's worth in place of that price but that he has to pay a particular amount of money for them to process the bigger sum he has won. Important to note that, one of the persons involved in this trick would pretend to be a passer-by just like the main target and he will also mark some digits and be told he has won something. He will be given money in the presence of the primary target so as to trigger the person's confidence in the scheme. If the victim of the confidence trick pays the money, Omo Na voice mail tins o. Curiosity made me ask if there is a police station around the place and I was told that those guys ain't scared of the police because they can't do shit to them (that they have strong back-up). I also heard 4rm another source that they settle d police.
Those always walking pass that Idumota area of Lagos should be aware of this sham perpetrated by some miscreants who ought to have been in Ikoyi prison eating partially prepared beans right now. How can this disgusting activity going on in broad daylight and many more of similar nature be curtailed. On my own part, I think economic hardship should never be a justification for criminality. Something must be done to stop this illegal and unconscionable act. Below is a picture I personally took of one of the perpetrators (d handsome guy in cap).

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters in Idumota, lagos...guess what they do! by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
What a succinct observation. Lagos and Nigeria as a whole is a jungle with no rules. The pictures criminal is a flattino. Na dem work.
Lalasticlala please front page for enlightment.

3 Likes

Re: Fraudsters in Idumota, lagos...guess what they do! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
Na old scam and na Igbo guys dey run am. They are inside most of the big markets in Lagos, like Yaba, trade-fair, Alaba etc. I once felll victim to them thirteen years ago inside the old Tejuosho market

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters in Idumota, lagos...guess what they do! by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 23, 2018
The most annoying thing is the way they go about this rubbish.must i play! they will pull your shirt,your trouser,boxer!and it happens in police presence!

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters in Idumota, lagos...guess what they do! by meezynetwork(m): 6:06am On Dec 23, 2018
Nigeria is a jungle filled with fraudsters
Re: Fraudsters in Idumota, lagos...guess what they do! by AUTOCRATIC(m): 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
This is Lagos

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man, 60, Caught Having Sex With Girl, 11 / After Temitope Olaoye ‘sugar’, Another Person Shot Dead In Ibadan / Nigeria Young Poet Commit Suicide "Chukwuemeka Akachi" 400level Of UNN (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.