Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Don Pedro Aganbi Rescues Squatting Veteran Actress - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Pedro Aganbi Rescues Squatting Veteran Actress (480 Views)

Naira Marley Is A Fraudster Yet He Is Squatting - Oyemykke Rants / Veteran Actress Ngozi Ezeonu Slays In New Pictures / Don Pedro Aganbi Goes On Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don Pedro Aganbi Rescues Squatting Veteran Actress by newsagency: 8:29am On Dec 21, 2018
“Today I am so happy that after five years of sleeping in the cold at the National Arts Theatre, Mama Agnes Molokwo would be spending Christmas in a place she can proudly call her home. What a Joy, what a relief. This is what leadership is about.”

Those were the words of excited chairman, Actors Guild of Nigeria, Lagos Chapter, Mr. Don Pedro Aganbi after ushering veteran actress Mrs. Agnes Molokwu to her new home. Words could not describe the joy of Molokwu as she was surprised with a Christmas present of sleeping for the first time after five years in her furnished apartment made possible by the Aganbi who has done so well since he took over from top comic actor, Victor Osuagwu.

The story of Molokwu who has been in the movie industry since 2003 is a movie script on its own but suffice to say that her tears, struggles, pains of sleeping ‘outside’ is over.

Hear her: “It was a big surprise to me because for years I have been squatting. It has not been easy for me but I thank God for today. We had our Artiste Week and awards are usually given to some members. I had it at the back of my mind that I may be given an award because in 2016, I was given an award. I had to call the chairman to tell him that I may be among the people to be given award but if he can change it to money, I would appreciate it better because I was squatting. If you give me the award, there won’t be where to put it. He said ok. I will do it. When they gave award I was not given and some asked me if I was given I said no but the one I was given is still with me. And I thank God for it. The chairman then called me and said ‘mama come,’ he said ‘this is our mama, she is one of the strong members of the guild, punctual and contributes to all what we are doing but she doesn’t have a place to lay her head because she is squatting. He added that when he saw where I was squatting, that he was shocked. He called some people out and asked them to do something. It was surprising to me and truly they were able to get me a place. I have never seen a compassionate chairman who have the welfare of members at heart like Don Pedro Aganbi. He has set a standard that would be difficult to meet in AGN"

(1) (Reply)

Sign Me To DMW, Upcoming Artist Mr Surd Begs Davido On Twitter / Self Reflection Is The School Of Wisdom, Jackie Appiah In New Picture / Bbnaija2019: Bambam Reveals Secret & Confirmed Ways To Win At This Yr's Audition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.