Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Happy Xmas To All Nigerian Soldiers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Xmas To All Nigerian Soldiers. (256 Views)

23 Nigerian Soldiers Declared Missing After Boko Haram Attack: / Borno IDPs: "Nigerian Soldiers Raped Us In Camps But We Were Forced To Deny It" / Nigerian Soldiers Rape Starving Women –amnesty International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Xmas To All Nigerian Soldiers. by OneHead: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2018
My Brother In The Army

2008, It was me and Obinna, Unizik misbehaving after WASSCE that year, so we went for Abia poly, luckily we got it but it was 2010 already, incidentally we both have to drop it.

Brother headed for the military and asked me to come on, very brave dude who was so active in MOD, a catholic body which aura back then was like magic. Then 2011, I met Obi in Lagos, fully armed clothed in his regalia, honestly for the first time, I am fearful of my nigga.

We didn’t talk again until around January 2014, my phone rang and I listened to my brother with the many stories we shared, he is the closest to me amongst all the soldiers I know. We both know our roots and what our backgrounds look like. From cutting and harvesting palms, to excavating stones, fetching firewood from swamps for cash, to sand hunting for builders. It sounds like we suffered but it was damn fun, the competition was healthy. My fellow villagers can relate.

Straight to the point, we all have a brother or friend in the army, it is very bad that we wouldn’t pray for them, hold’em on high esteem because we don’t know what they do, the only thing we see is the flaw of their colleagues, but the truth is, the reason why you sleep as a Nigerian and wake up same is because of these men and women.

You won’t even wake up to become an American or Canadian, you’ll wake up to be a Congolese, Rwandan or an Anglophone Cameroonian or at best become a Russian slave. But for everyday of our lives, someone is somewhere fighting so you’ll not be ambushed despite the cruelty of our political elites, they defend you not because they are cowards or jobless but because they found in themselves what you don’t find in yourself. Bravity, Resilience and Selflessness.

Oh Lord Jesus, For the sake of Obi, Nonso, Jude and other Nigerian Soldiers standing on the borders of this territory ready to pay the Ultimate price like you did for the world, bless their families and enrich their well wishers. Protect these galant sheep and always place victory on their path.

The people who play politics with their lives and sacrifices will die in their place, my brothers and friends shall live long to reap the fruits of their bravery

Happy Christmas to All Nigerian Soldiers. God bless you all.

I am OneGoodHead.

lalasticlala, mynd44, oam4j

(1) (Reply)

Abdurrahman Abdurazaq Says Apc Is Not Bothered About Court Ruling On Balogun / Sakaba: Atiku Admits Lying, Confirms Posting Fake News / Tears Of Joy As Gov. Ugwuanyi Visits Victims Of Fire Outbreak Donates N6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.