Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

True Farm Story - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / True Farm Story (306 Views)

True Farm Story / My Rabbit Farm Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Farm Story by FarmManager: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2018
CAN U TELL US ANY MORAL LESSON FROM THE BELOW STORY

ITS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE BUT I WON'T USE THE REAL NAMES OF THE CHARACTERS. THANKS FOR READING.

I started a farm Project somewhere in the Western part of Nigeria some months ago. The farm is a fruity organic vegetable farm that encompasses open field and greenhouse. The open field can be handled by any worker based on instruction but the Greenhouse will need an experienced hand for the fragility involved. Then the need beckons to recruit workers based on these conditions.

I met Mr. A from my host community and employed based on his interest. I was ready to train him on the job as he is naive of the cultural practices, he couldn't read and write which makes the training very cumbersome, Against all odds, I obliged and he started as the first worker and made to supervise others. He was involved in the greenhouse installation and he was amazed on how crops we thrive in the kind of structure. I assured him he will get to know it once he was ready to learn.

After full installation, a dire need to get an experienced hand for the greenhouse. We had a contract that lasted till the end of November. His name is Mr. K. Then I expected Mr. A. to take the opportunity and learn from him. They enjoyed same opportunity with same stipend. The work went on smoothly. Several times I when travel down, I had always told Mr. A to seriously follow Mr. K, bumper to bumper, the way John terry will not give breathing space to Lionel Messi. With all my emphasis, Mr. K was recruited to teach but Mr. A was unwilling to learn.

On November 30, 2018. Mr. K contract expires and Mr. A was to take charge of the Greenhouse. Painfully, Mr. A requested for a salary raise. He has learnt a little and intend to hold me to ransom. I initially accepted and called him to come and demonstrate what he had learnt.
So, unfortunate he couldn't cope.. He acknowledged that he had always looked from outside hoping it was an easy task. He couldn't do the smallest thing.

I thereafter had to enter a new contract with Mr. K till mid December. Mr. A. Came the next morning and told me he needed to travel home. Hmmmm. I told him, "I had begged Mr. K to stay because of you, Learn this thing once and for all and be a skilled man" Ohhh. He has to answer to an urgent call. I paid him and he left. Meanwhile, he was supposed to leave for republic de Benin. But he was seen around flexing his little "change".

I had no choice than to seek for 3 other workers from far north with immediate effect. They came in 48 hrs. I attached one of them with Mr. K. And within two weeks, I graded him excellent. His name is Mr. O.
Just about 24hrs before the departure of Mr. K., Mr. A comes back and his ready to learn now. Unfortunately, Mr. K is ready to leave. I told He should be humble enough to now learn from Mr. O.
I then told the runaway Mr. A. that if I will allow him to get close to the greenhouse now at all, he will start to learn next year 2019.
Its a week today and Mr. A has no choice than to abide by my conditions.

To me, it was a wonderful experience, I really learnt from it.

Hence, always look out for organic vegetables(fruity and leafy). Its guarantees a better alternative to your health.

If you are/visit LAGOS, PORTHARCOURT, ABEOKUTA, AND IBADAN OR NEIGHBOURING TOWN, YOU MUST HAVE EATEN MY ORGANIC VEGETABLE FRUIT. WE DO CUCUMBER, WATERMELON, ANTI POSTRATE TOMATOES, GREEN PEPPER, CABBAGES E.T.C.

OUR BRAND IS www.agrosolveng.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Chicks Naturally From 7 Common Illnesses / Employ Me For Free In Your Farm (or Organization) / Mushroom Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.