Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

N-power:- Are We Citizens OF Nigeria Or Subject ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N-power:- Are We Citizens OF Nigeria Or Subject ? (319 Views)

US Warns Citizens Of Terror Threats In Nigeria, Asks Them To Avoid ‘major Hotels / People Who Spoke Tinubu Into Power Are Embarrassed – Segun Sowunmi / Harrysong Addresses Cows As "Sirs", "Senior Citizens Of Nigeria'' (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

N-power:- Are We Citizens OF Nigeria Or Subject ? by Jothamthompson: 8:58pm On Dec 21, 2018
*CITIZENS OR SUBJECTS?*

When dividends of democracy and transparency are stifled, then bad decisions are often made and heartbreaking tragedies occur – too often on a breathtaking scale that can leave societies wondering: how did this happen?

This evening I just got a message from a friend that the Vice president is visiting Iseyin tomorrow and all the N-Power beneficiaries were all mandated to be in attendance and strictly on their Uniforms.

Then I keep asking myself that is this N-power project politically created or its beneficiaries were all meant to be used politically when the election period comes around? I'm not saying N-power program is not a good and a live changing program but do we need to mix it with politics?

Yes creating N-power is to help the electorates but was it created in order to mobilise people for selfish political campaign activities?

Does our government needs to create jobs and still impose on its citizens on what to do aside its objectives?

*ARE WE CITIZENS OR SUBJECTS?*

Our government should set things aright, they should not come and impose on us what we *do or what we don't*.

I believe that when the public lacks even the most fundamental dividends and freedom to what its governments doing in their names, then they cease to be involved in the act of citizenship. There is a bright distinction between citizens, who have rights and privileges protected by the state, and subjects, who are under the complete control and authority of the state.

*CITIZENS OR SUBJECTS?*

© *O.A.J*

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari In Consultation With Former APC Members / How Law Makers Boo Buhari / *10 Reasons Buhari Will Lose 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.