Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Secure Delete: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Secure Delete: (559 Views)

Bill Gates Admits Control-alt-delete Was A Mistake, Blames IBM / How To Delete Data Permanently On A PC Or Laptop Before Selling Them / How To Delete Autorun.inf From Pen Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Secure Delete: by lauraming: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2010
I have several personal files on my work laptop. O/S is XP Home Edition. I'll be leaving my company soon. I need to permanently delete some files before I turn it in. Anyone have any ideas. Would like some recommendations on Freeware. somedody help me!!!
Re: Secure Delete: by nelsonmarl: 8:03am On Aug 06, 2010
Yeah it is very imp to delete all the sensitive data b4 u get rid of ur old system.The simplest way to do this is to format all the drives,but that too may not delete all the data and there are always chances to recover them.I can suggest you 1 tool that will remove all ur data permanently forever and no other tool can also be able to recover it."Advanced System Optimizer"has a tool named Secure Delete that does the permanent deletion of the data but be cautious once the data is removed can never be recovered anyhow.for me this is the best tool for permanent deletion of data.
try this
http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-System-Optimizer/3000-2094_4-10147659.html?tag=mncol
Re: Secure Delete: by deji2009(m): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
lauraming:

I have several personal files on my work laptop. O/S is XP Home Edition. I'll be leaving my company soon. I need to permanently delete some files before I turn it in. Anyone have any ideas. Would like some recommendations on Freeware. somedody help me!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above enquiry to permanently delete all data from storage device after seeking permission from your employer destroy, smash, damage and make it unusable.This is what we do in practice and would advice the same .Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me On This Section / Free Browsing Reveal For Free / Make 300 Dollar Monthly With Free Domain Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.