Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Bsc Nursing Or Bsc Computer Science? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bsc Nursing Or Bsc Computer Science? (1348 Views)

New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin / Academic Advice; as an HND graduate what next? PGD or BSC / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bsc Nursing Or Bsc Computer Science? by GraceEnwerem(f): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2018
I'm a registered nurse, graduated from a school of nursing in Nigeria. I want to go into the ICT world, would it be better for me to get a Bsc in computer science or get my Bsc in nursing then take computer programming short courses?
I'll need all the advice I can get. The pros and cons of each path
Re: Bsc Nursing Or Bsc Computer Science? by LegitBoyy: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
GraceEnwerem:
I'm a registered nurse, graduated from a school of nursing in Nigeria. I want to go into the ICT world, would it be better for me to get a Bsc in computer science or get my Bsc in nursing then take computer programming short courses?
I'll need all the advice I can get. The pros and cons of each path

Well this is just from my limited knowledge about both disciplines. You actually don't need a B.Sc in computer science to pursue a career in ICT. You just need to get professional knowledge on many courses which easily available around you. Also if you don't intend to practice Nursing then I see no reason for you getting a B.Sc in Nursing again if you have passion for ICT.

It all depends on what you want in life too, if your aim is just to get comfortable, earn salary and get married then You can further on your Nursing. However if you think you're very innovative with critical mind and you want to test your hands in making exploits you can actually go for the ICT courses. It is not going to be easy though but believe me opportunities here abounds and you don't even need government employment to feed yourself.

You can also annex your potentials if you major in ICT as it is one of the most sought after currently in the country but believe me it is not for lazy people. You can also consider traveling out and get a Bsc in Nursing too and you will earn good pay.

Everything still boils down to you.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oscomp Rank In Navy - On Techscoops Nigeria / Are Fresh Grads Of Today Smarter Than Previous Grads? / Angry Man Strips Inside GTB After N150k Is Deducted From His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.