Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please (5003 Views)

Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / Volvo XC40 Named European Car Of The Year / 2018 Volvo XC40 Unveiled As A Small Premium SUV - Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 27, 2018
TheCar:

I sympathize with him but that doesn't discourage other people from buying Corolla.

If you see five cars and you didn't see any Corolla, you need to watch your step (if you're walking) or increase your speed (if you're driving). grin grin grin

Stop comparing Corolla to Volvo. They aren't in the same class.

Don't be like people that Jonathan appointed to campaign for his re-election but instead keep selling the opposition.

Focus on Volvo, like I said earlier, Sell the beauty and functionality of Volvo to the OP.

They more you try discouraging people from buying Corolla the more you sell the model in Nigeria.

Go to any Car dealerships (Tokunbo) in Lagos and asked how fast selling Corolla is and you would be shocked people dey deposit money for Corolla yet to be cleared at Port.

Allow Corolla to Shine. Allow people driving Corolla enjoy their ride.

grin grin grin

SideNote:

Whatever car you buy, ensure you get your car insured comprehensively and enjoy your ride in peace without high BP.

Okay sir.

Enjoy.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
Imagine driving a Corolla. I'd rather buy a Bajaj.

4 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by olumide4christ: 5:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

LOL...na so your beef for Corolla reach grin cheesy
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
olumide4christ:

LOL...na so your beef for Corolla reach grin cheesy

I hate the bloody car. I mean, I respect what it stands for and can appreciate its qualities. But I still hate it.

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by diportivo: 8:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

we can't hear you at the back oh bros

use the mic connected to these speakers

thanks

4 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
TheCar:

SideNote:

Whatever car you buy, ensure you get your car insured comprehensively and enjoy your ride in peace without high BP.

Thanks. I will definitely ensure the car is insured.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
Abeg my people, the car rivalry is enough oooooh cheesy

I never knew such rivalry exists in the Car Talk section.

I'm not a frequent visitor of the Car Talk section but I have been very impressed
with the quality of advice I find here. It is an eye-opener and will definitely help thousands
of Nigeria car owners and aspiring car owners in making the right choice when it comes
to car ownership, maintenance, and everything car related.

Thank you my people cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by mejai(m): 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2018
abuc:
Abeg my people, the car rivalry is enough oooooh cheesy

I never knew such rivalry exists in the Car Talk section.

I'm not a frequent visitor of the Car Talk section but I have been very impressed
with the quality of advice I find here. It is an eye-opener and will definitely help thousands
of Nigeria car owners and aspiring car owners in making the right choice when it comes
to car ownership, maintenance, and everything car related.

Thank you my people cheesy.
so which one u come choose nah? Corolla and suspension wahala eh grin

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
Heavenly.Bang:

TheBigKendo come and carry your brother with GoKada sorry Accord oooooo.

Awon ti Bajaj family?

I think Bajaj is a good buy if your money never complete to buy Corolla or reach to buy Volvo.

2 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by valarinz: 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
mejai:

so which one u come choose nah? Corolla and suspension wahala eh grin

No need to ask, he's buying corolla, the thread was unnecessary in the first place.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by thebigkendo(m): 10:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

The Corolla[03 - 07]is actually a great car,for moving from point A to B, that is basically all it has to offer & it does that very well
No style
No comfort
No wow
It just gets the job done with no "serenre"
... Only issue I have is the price it is sold in Nigeria. If toks of that corolla was priced at say 1.2m ish.. I would probably have been a Toyota warrior by now grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by thebigkendo(m): 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2018
valarinz:

No need to ask, he's buying corolla, the thread was unnecessary in the first place.

You wan complete the money for am?
Well he can get the 99 - 01 corolla for cheaps
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 10:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
mejai:

so which one u come choose nah? Corolla and suspension wahala eh

I want to avoid more "Civil war" for now cool

You go soon know which one I have decided to buy.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

The Corolla[03 - 07]is actually a great car,for moving from point A to B, that is basically all it has to offer & it does that very well
No style
No comfort
No wow
... Only issue I have is the price it is sold in Nigeria. If toks of that corolla was priced at say 1.2m ish.. I would probably have been a Toyota warrior by now grin

Tbh, apart from seat five, anything a Corolla can do, a Bajaj can do better. Modify the bike a bit and it's probably even classier than the Corolla. Easier to maintain, better fuel economy, cheaper to purchase...

3 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by thebigkendo(m): 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Tbh, apart from seat five, anything a Corolla can do, a Bajaj Keke napep can do better. Modify the bike a bit and it's probably even classier than the Corolla. Easier to maintain, better fuel economy, cheaper to purchase...

grin grin fixed

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

No style
No comfort
No wow

You and the OP are Toyota Corolla lovers but car dealers, market demands and sky-rocketed price makes it mission impossible.

Las las, you will finally get good price and take ownership of your first choice of vehicle. grin grin grin

To be frank, if you look for it, you will find it, it wouldn't be easy but you would find it.

Market demand for anything Corolla is crazy. A friend had 3 mechanic physical inspection cancelled because before his mecho get to the destination, car dealer usually called that the car is sold.

Over the weekend, we got lucky and find a cool deal in a Lagos Port Cleared Tokunbo Toyota Corolla, as the thing dey land for the car dealer lot from Apapa.

The right car at unbelievable price.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by thebigkendo(m): 11:36pm On Dec 27, 2018
TheCar:

You and the OP are Toyota Corolla lovers but car dealers, market demands and sky-rocketed price makes it mission impossible.

Las las, you will finally get good price and take ownership of your first choice of vehicle. grin grin grin

To be frank, if you look for it, you will find it, it wouldn't be easy but you would find it.

Market demand for anything Corolla is crazy. A friend had 3 mechanic physical inspection cancelled because before his mecho get to the destination, car dealer usually called that the car is sold.

Over the weekend, we got lucky and find a cool deal in a Lagos Port Cleared Tokunbo Toyota Corolla, as the thing dey land for the car dealer lot from Apapa.

The right car at unbelievable price.

Nah.. At that price I will most probably pick another car with SERÈNRÉ, if it must be a Toyota.. I will take the cheaper camry or avensis... I will be bored in that corolla.

Some of us don't just want to move from point A - B.. We want to enjoy the movement.

4 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by olumide4christ: 5:07am On Dec 28, 2018
thebigkendo:

Nah.. At that price I will most probably pick another car with SERÈNRÉ, if it must be a Toyota.. I will take the cheaper camry or avensis... I will be bored in that corolla.

Some of us don't just want to move from point A - B.. We want to enjoy the movement.

@ the bolded...very true...I completely agree with you. For me, rather than a Corolla, I'll go for a Honda Civic!

2 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 28, 2018
valarinz:

Buying a Corolla with that budget is total waste of investment.

If I am in the OP shoe, with that budget I wouldn't be considering a Corolla. I would probably be looking at Toyota Camry Envelope or Tiny Light that is the only Toyota product I would buy with that budget except a miracle happens and get someone who is relocating and need to dispose his/her car at any amount.

At the OP, I use a Corolla and would suggest you get one but with your budget, you are better off staying away from Corolla if you don't want to become a mechanic most valuable customer.

You wouldn't get a good car (Corolla) with that price, if you must buy a Toyota product, I did suggest a Envelope or Tiny Light better still find other good brand you can maintain.

The joy of having a car is based in your capabilities to maintain it. Do your research very well, cross your I's and dot your t's.

None of us advising you is in your shoe, so get your estimate right, you only know your capabilities.

DON'T BUY A COROLLA BASED ON YOUR CURRENT BUDGET.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 28, 2018
thebigkendo:

Like I said, las las, you go port to join the Toyota family.

Hopefully when you finally join, I wouldn't have moved to my first love - Range Rover. grin grin grin grin

I love that car but my pocket money never reach to buy and maintain that car. wink wink wink
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:06am On Dec 28, 2018
olumide4christ:

@ the bolded...very true...I completely agree with you. For me, rather than a Corolla, I'll go for a Honda Civic!

This!
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Tbh, apart from seat five, anything a Corolla can do, a Bajaj can do better. Modify the bike a bit and it's probably even classier than the Corolla. Easier to maintain, better fuel economy, cheaper to purchase...

grin
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Alvin007: 10:12am On Dec 28, 2018
Just passing...

4 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by olumide4christ: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2018
Alvin007:
Just passing...

This is one Toyota car model that I dislike with a passion...Nigerian citizen or not....became so popular at the advent of Uber & Taxify...if you take a census of this car in Lagos, you'll find out that at least 85% of the people riding this car are using it for Uber/Taxify.
I have been in Abuja for a week now...this model of Corolla is not so common here like in Lagos, infact, I have hardly seen it here...the 2009-2012 & above are more ubiquitous compared to this model.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by diportivo: 7:08am On Dec 29, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

chaii

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by weyreypey: 8:24am On Dec 29, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Not true!
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by greatstephenho(m): 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2019
Tell me a car that doesn't have fault ,get yourself a good Passat and thank me later.

Chat or WhatsApp me 08034783992
Phylergy:

Please I'd like to find out about Volkswagen Passat 2005/2006/2007 models. What do u think is their most common issues and would you advice me to go for it. Someone actually said they usually have electronics issues but thats just one person's opinion.

What do you think??

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by toarlox: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2019
Volvo is a good buy. safe, secure, fuel efficient. I used S40 and i never regret i did. I would advise you go for a volvo that will not be stolen easily. A quarter tank took me from Shomolu to Agungi and back at night. Moreso, from research S60 uses 4.1ltrs of fuel per 100km. if going to bening that's 300km+, u will use about 12 lts of fuel. Good isn't it?
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2019
toarlox:
Volvo is a good buy. safe, secure, fuel efficient. I used S40 and i never regret i did. I would advise you go for a volvo that will not be stolen easily. A quarter tank took me from Shomolu to Agungi and back at night. Moreso, from research S60 uses 4.1ltrs of fuel per 100km. if going to bening that's 300km+, u will use about 12 lts of fuel. Good isn't it?

4L/100km.
1L/25km, that's like 60mpg.

You researched wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Alvin007: 9:01am On Jan 16, 2019
toarlox:

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by weyreypey: 4:01am On Jan 17, 2019
toarlox:
Se omowe sha? Iwo nikan tan lo pa iro banta banta bayii

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by nurey(m): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2019
toarlox:

you just proved a point that volvo users/Owners are liars grin

s60 using 4.1L/100km even picanto can boast of that picanto even big prius can't boast of that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Procure Fake Number Plate, & Be Jailed –FRSC / My Fuel Tank Vomits Fuel While Filling / The Brilliance Of The Toyota Pencil Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.