Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 (17666 Views)

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by Elxandre(m): 10:56am On Dec 24, 2018
But it is mentioned as a private project with a founder and CEO na.
Why are they fighting on this thread again?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by bluecircle470: 10:58am On Dec 24, 2018
Magalan:

This is the only believeable paragraph in the article...

A recognised on ground airline orders 10 while a non-existent airline with no website or office orders 100...

If it feels/smells/looks like propaganda, it is propaganda.

The Air peace airline story is not even believable since it has not been supplied. Seeing is believing!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by tiwiex(m): 11:03am On Dec 24, 2018
Magalan:

A recognised on ground airline orders 10 while a non-existent airline with no website or office orders 100...

My brother. We need to say next level with small sense jare. If they had posted 1000 planes, no one will question it. No investors will invest on a non existent company so where did this money appear from.

Even Ethiopian Air with years of experience has about 100 planes. Rwand Air with the little visibility has just 10 planes. 100 ko 100 ni? Then just like that, an unknown person is out there as the CEO of an unknown airline spending unknown money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by martineverest(m): 11:03am On Dec 24, 2018
Magalan:

even when BBC and CNN broke the news?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by martineverest(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2018
Magalan:

A deal of such magnitude either involves country government or seasoned well grounded experienced known players in the field..are you aware $11.6BN is 30% of our foreign reserve, not one that formed a board in may 2018.

But i never doubted that of Air Peace.. its believeable although it might be lies aswell.

For the Nigerian Green Airline:
Where is the office located?
Terminals?
Website?
Form CO2?
Form CO7?

We saw more with Nigerian Air, they even dragged Qatar Air into the lies.
learn to read before commenting with schadenfreude-ish attitude....it's a private Nigerian company not federal

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by martineverest(m): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2018
Magalan:

Cant underestimate Lai mohammed.... saudia Airline ordered for 30 despite being in operation since 1945, Air peace ordered 10 (which is hard to believe), but you expect sane people to believe a new company with no parent coy, said to be based in Nigeria with not even a website ordered 100 with $11.6bn being 30% of the countries reserve while Dangote is worth $14bn and being the richest man in Africa

Ahhh nooo, deji calm down.. i see Lai Mohammed written all-over.
learn to read... Reuters and BBC broke the news

it's a private Nigerian company and not federal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by drlateef: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2018
crestedaguiyi:
Hejehehejej

Their is more mention of the lifeless vegetable in the article but the op is trying the remind us of how the Sudanese and Abba kyari stole from the treasury in the name of relaunching Nigeria airways

Bob Marley and the Wailing Wailers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 24, 2018
martineverest:
learn to read before commenting with schadenfreude-ish attitude....it's a private Nigerian company not federal

Where in Nigeria are they located?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 24, 2018
deji17:
Buhari is good for business. The future looks great
hope your brain is not paining you
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by martineverest(m): 11:28am On Dec 24, 2018
Esseite:

Where in Nigeria are they located?
Google kuramo capitals or learn to read

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by InvertedHammer: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2018
Magalan:

A deal of such magnitude either involves country government or seasoned well grounded experienced known players in the field..are you aware $11.6BN is 30% of our foreign reserve, not one that formed a board in may 2018.

But i never doubted that of Air Peace.. its believeable although it might be lies aswell.

For the Nigerian Green Airline:
Where is the office located?
Terminals?
Website?
Form CO2?
Form CO7?

We saw more with Nigerian Air, they even dragged Qatar Air into the lies.
/
Either it is propaganda as usual or the foreigners found a way to get into the Nigerian aviation market through a front. Babawande Afolabi has no financial clout to pull off such a deal.

/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 24, 2018
martineverest:
Google kuramo capitals or learn to read

grin grin... an $11.6bn coy in Nigeria with not even a website or official address.

It may surprise you i googled and saw OSUN STATE.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by DeLaRue: 11:43am On Dec 24, 2018
It's a feasible order.

1. The order is split in two. The first part will be a firm order. The second part is what's called an option to purchase. They will typically be able to cancel the latter without incurring penalty.

2. Unlike cars, plane manufacturers don't produce large numbers of plane and wait for buyers because each airline has their specification. Airlines typically have to order 3 to 4 years in advance, if not longer.

3. The fact that an airline order 100 planes doesn't mean they will be delivered at once. First deliveries might be 2021 & probably not more than 5 per year.

4. The airline will prob start operations with a very small fleet of 2nd hand planes, and hope their business plan will go as expected to enable them take deliveries of new planes from 2021 or there about.

5. The fact that the MD of the airline is unknown isn't conclusive proof this is all fake. Also, there's no reason to believe the M.D. owns the airline. It's possible z group of private & institutional investors have come together to set up the airline.

Let's wait & see.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by HardMirror(m): 11:44am On Dec 24, 2018
Magalan:

Cant underestimate Lai mohammed.... saudia Airline ordered for 30 despite being in operation since 1945, Air peace ordered 10 (which is hard to believe), but you expect sane people to believe a new company with no parent coy, said to be based in Nigeria with not even a website ordered 100 with $11.6bn being 30% of the countries reserve while Dangote is worth $14bn and being the richest man in Africa

Ahhh nooo, deji calm down.. i see Lai Mohammed written all-over.
that deji is very stvpid. Thanks for pointing out the facts. 100 jets, yet no info on where funds are coming from.
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by towyeenbell2: 11:52am On Dec 24, 2018
deji17:

This news is from International aviation magazine. Here is Economic Times reporting the same news as well.
If it were to be fake, negative news, you will easily believe and spread the news.

Boeing lands jet deals with Nigeria, Saudi for $9.3 billion WAILERS ARE NOT HAPPY!!!! Y'all go die for nothing,we go carry Una body go inside mortuary.

PARIS: US planemaker Boeing on Friday said it had agreed to deals worth an overall $9.3 billion to sell 50 jets to Nigeria's Green Air and 30 to Saudi carrier flyadeal.

The company lauded the Nigeria accord, which includes a further 50 options, as the largest signed to date in Africa.

As with the Saudi deal, the Nigerians are purchasing single-aisle 737 MAX planes.

"While flyadeal has been operating new Airbus A320s, the airline says it has selected the 737 MAX for the ..

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/boeing-lands-jet-deals-with-nigeria-saudi-for-9-3-billion/articleshow/67199998.cms
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by towyeenbell2: 11:53am On Dec 24, 2018
deji17:

This news is from International aviation magazine. Here is Economic Times reporting the same news as well.
If it were to be fake, negative news, you will easily believe and spread the news.

Boeing lands jet deals with Nigeria, Saudi for $9.3 billion WAILERS ARE NOT HAPPY!!!! Y'all go die for nothing,we go carry Una body go inside mortuary.

PARIS: US planemaker Boeing on Friday said it had agreed to deals worth an overall $9.3 billion to sell 50 jets to Nigeria's Green Air and 30 to Saudi carrier flyadeal.

The company lauded the Nigeria accord, which includes a further 50 options, as the largest signed to date in Africa.

As with the Saudi deal, the Nigerians are purchasing single-aisle 737 MAX planes.

"While flyadeal has been operating new Airbus A320s, the airline says it has selected the 737 MAX for the ..

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/boeing-lands-jet-deals-with-nigeria-saudi-for-9-3-billion/articleshow/67199998.cms
WAILERS ARE NOT HAPPY!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by Jokkarm2: 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
if is true, buhari should do another 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by bejeria101(m): 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
Buharis brain cant think this up. The logo dis moronic govt launched has it taken off? Make una use una brain biko!
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by DeLaRue: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
DeLaRue:
It's a feasible order.

1. The order is split in two. The first part will be a firm order. The second part is what's called an option to purchase. They will typically be able to cancel the latter without incurring penalty.

2. Unlike cars, plane manufacturers don't produce large numbers of plane and wait for buyers because each airline has their specification. Airlines typically have to order 3 to 4 years in advance, if not longer.

3. The fact that an airline orders 100 planes doesn't mean they will be delivered at once. First deliveries might be 2021 & probably not more than 5 per year.

4. The airline will prob start operations with a very small fleet of 2nd hand planes, and hope its business plan work out as expected to enable them take deliveries of new planes from 2021 or there about.

5. The fact that the MD of the airline is unknown isn't conclusive proof this is all fake. Also, the M.D. may mot own the airline. It's possible a group of private & institutional investors have come together to set up the airline.

Let's wait & see.

Apologies for mistaken double posting. Not sure what happened.
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by luminouz(m): 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
Green Africa ordered 100 Boeing's worth 11.7 billion dollars!!!
Air Peace ordered 10 Boeing 737 Max at 1.17billion dollars!!!

Is the government backed Air Peace lying?? undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by Mayflowa(m): 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
mybestlove:
If it is true it's a private investment and not federal government project.

Of course it is true and its a private investment. The CEO and Founder doesn't even owe the money, America Airline and some other investors do. The was the CEO in 2006 when he came for his undergraduate studies in America. He is very passionate about building business and was fortunate to join Morgan Stanley as intern from a relatively obscure school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by Bizibi(m): 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
Seen until proven otherwise, I will never believe anything in Nigeria until I see it myself

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by COMPAQ(m): 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
Is this airline actually operating in Nigeria yet? I am never excited when we have this type of "we PLAN to set up...", "we will SOON start operations...." statements.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by SocialJustice: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2018
deji17:

You mean Lai Mohammed asked the international aviation news magazine, Financial Times, MSN news etc to carry a false a news?
Whom God has blessed, no man can curse. Some group of people doubted good news in the bible, and some of them did not live to partake in it.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/africa/africa-top-stories/boeing-lands-jet-deals-with-nigeria-saudi-for-dollar93-bn/ar-BBRfYoH?li=BBQbhAJ
Stop being emotional and think rationally. Do you know what $11bn is? From a company nobody knows.
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by dixar: 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2018
Just to add more content for those with these syndromes: I hate all good news about my country.
I must talk down my country because my party in not in power. I must argue everything to
show how intelligent I am...

They actually have a website!

https://greenafrica.com

And an office!

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/green-africa-airways-announces-two-major-milestones---completes-series-a-round-of-financing-forms-an-advisory-board-of-senior-industry-leaders-686674711.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by badman007(m): 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2018
Green Africa Airways.

This is so funny, what an Irony..

These Alamangiri educated Malams with funds will not come and kee me with laugh.

Hehehe
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by Graphene(m): 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2018
hope this does not end up like TSTV undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by uzoronwusa: 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
After waiting for Nigeria Air in vain u pipu want us to believe dis wan too??.....haba now....lie small small ooo....not all of us are zombies

[img]https:///media/3-18-2018/Mgd9b8.gif[/img]

abeg no kill us with laff.its criminal.heheheeeeeeeeheeeeee

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by uzoronwusa: 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
who will invest in more train transport?. i think we have enough airlines.
Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by dragon2(m): 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2018
I hope this isn't public money being transformed into private enterprise. We can't account for a lot of public money, and a public airline was scrapped, now this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 by nextstep(m): 5:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
We have lots and lots of abandoned and ill-maintained aircraft, operated by people with no idea about good customer service. So how this is news is beyond me...

Anyways, 50 solid orders for aircraft no be beans... unless na campaign tins grin wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Motorists, Commuters Lament Gridlock / Market Street Road Project In Igbogbo Constructed By LCDA In Lagos State / 2 Buses Collide In Imo, One Somersaults, Imo Chief Of Staff Rescues Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.