Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje (8422 Views)

"Why I Hid My Wife, Children From Social Media" – Chinedu Ikedieze (Aki) / I Don't Need Validation From Anyone- Ceec / Waje Congratulates Wizkid On His London Royal Albert Hall Sold Out. Fan Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by midehcreeb: 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Waje who recounted how she was trolled on social media in 2013 after a bad performance in a new interview, disclosed that she used to seek validation from social media.

Waje who told Dang Network that she is no longer affected by bad performances, stated that she once isolated herself and there was nothing anyone did that pleased her. She said;

“I NEVER USED TO THINK THAT I WAS GOOD-LOOKING, HAVING A GREAT BODY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I NEEDED VALIDATION SO WHEN SOCIAL MEDIA CAME, IT WAS A NO-BRAINER. GREAT PICTURES, COMMENTS; I FELT LIKE I HAD HIT JACKPOT AND THEN THE BUBBLE BURST. THEN I REALISED THAT SOME PEOPLE FOLLOW YOU JUST TO POINT OUT EVERYTHING WRONG WITH YOU. IN 2013, I HAD FOUR NOMINATIONS AT THE WORLD MUSIC AWARDS AND I HAD JUST RELEASED MY ALBUM, I WAS ON THE TOP OF MY GAME.

“I WAS BILLED TO PERFORM ON THIS FAITHFUL DAY AND UNDERSTANDING THAT I HAD A GREAT VOICE, I JUST WANTED AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE MY TALENT WITH LIVE MUSIC AND THE ORGANISERS TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS NO SPACE FOR THAT. I WAS MAD AT MY MANAGEMENT FOR NOT SORTING THAT OUT BUT WE NEEDED THE MONEY SO I AGREED. I GOT THERE AND THERE WAS A BAND.

“I GOT DEPRESSED, THE CROWD IN THEIR THOUSANDS DIDN’T KNOW THAT I WAS NOT IN MY ELEMENT, I HAD TO USE A CD TO PERFORM AND I DIDN’T LIKE IT. THERE WAS NO HEART, NO LOVE, JUST ME FEELING DISAPPOINTED THAT I GAVE THEM LESS THAN THEY HUNGERED FOR. I WAS TRENDING BUT I WAS TRENDING FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS.

“THEY HATED MY PERFORMANCE, I WAS FAT-SHAMED, ONE PERSON EVEN SAID THAT I LOOKED LIKE A DSTV REMOTE CONTROL. I CRIED AND FELT REALLY BAD.

“I ISOLATED MYSELF AND THERE WAS NOTHING ANYONE COULD DO TO APPEASE ME. THE ONLY PERSON THAT COULD GET THROUGH TO ME WAS OMAWUMI AND MY FRIEND JENNIFER.”

Waje who disclosed that it took a fitness coach who helped her work on her body and mind to change her mentality, added;

WE DIDN’T JUST WORK OUT FOR FITNESS, WE WORKED ON MY MIND TOO. BETWEEN 2013 AND NOW, PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING ME WHAT DIET I USED TO LOSE WEIGHT BUT I KNOW THAT I HAVEN’T LOST MUCH WEIGHT BUT SOMETHING CHANGED.”

“I ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA TAKE A HOLD OF ME, I TRUSTED IT TO GIVE ME SOMETHING IT HAD NO ABILITY TO OFFER BUT I REALISED THAT EVERYTHING I NEED, I ALREADY POSSESS, I JUST NEED TO CHANNEL IT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD OR BAD PERFORMANCE, I DON’T LET IT BOTHER ME, IT DOESN’T FAULT MY CONFIDENCE.”

source - https://www./2018/12/i-used-to-seek-validation-from-social-media-singer-waje.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by CreepyBlackpool: 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
Uhm, hello bitch, you still do!

3 Likes

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by prakashgohel24: 5:20am On Dec 23, 2018
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by linearity: 5:21am On Dec 23, 2018
For getting this hyped up about it, I think you still look to social media for validation.

You are just trying to pull a wool over the public’s eyes, while very deep down in your subconsciousness, you know you still lack self confidence and look up to social media for some confidence boost.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by prakashgohel24: 5:22am On Dec 23, 2018
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by HisMajesty1(m): 5:25am On Dec 23, 2018
This post is still validation seeking. Overcoming it requires not telling us at all and living it out.

6 Likes

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by Richardjemedafe(m): 5:26am On Dec 23, 2018
I just love this lady....
My top 4 female singers, Asa,Omawunmi,Waje and ?? The 1st person to guess the last person wins #400 airtime of his choice

3 Likes

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by anambraamaka: 5:34am On Dec 23, 2018
Good
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by meobizy(f): 5:37am On Dec 23, 2018
It’s not only her, a lot of them are stuck in this stage. It’s a bad habit, she can always fall into it. I remember Tiwa confessing hers a while ago. I trolled that woman like there was no tomorrow.
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by braine(m): 5:43am On Dec 23, 2018
HisMajesty1:
This post is still validation seeking. Overcoming it requires not telling us at all and living it out.

This is it. No need for her telling us, really.
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:53am On Dec 23, 2018
Then get ready to faint!
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by igemayowa96(m): 6:07am On Dec 23, 2018
Gather here if you actually went to look at a DSTV remote to compare nd confirm

2 Likes

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by sunnywhyt007: 6:11am On Dec 23, 2018
Okay ma’am
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by mamatwiny(f): 6:13am On Dec 23, 2018
Richardjemedafe:
My top 4 female singers, Asa,Omawunmi,Waje and ?? The 1st person to guess the last person wins #400 airtime of his choice
Simi
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by ObaKlaz: 6:15am On Dec 23, 2018
''...One person even said I looked like a DSTV remote control'' Chai! shocked shocked I am deaded! grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by femi4: 6:16am On Dec 23, 2018
Richardjemedafe:
Simi
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by Caseless: 6:37am On Dec 23, 2018
grin
ONE PERSON
EVEN SAID THAT I LOOKED LIKE A
DSTV REMOTE CONTROL
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by jeff1607(m): 7:02am On Dec 23, 2018
lemme look at the shape of the DStv remote control.
after checking;

I comment my reserve
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by kaey10(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2018
Richardjemedafe:
simisola
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by Ezyp(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2018
Dstv remote control... oboy fans wicked o.
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by deebrain(m): 7:27am On Dec 23, 2018
Never do that

In those days, you only saw that people were demon possessed in deliverance services in night vigils.

Today, check out peoples opinion about others online! Things they dare not say in the outside.

The freedom social media brings gives you the opportunity to identify these possessed ones.

Objective opinions are so lost, especially in social media.

3 Likes

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by Nikkyelegance: 7:29am On Dec 23, 2018
Get your chain bag for just #1800... call/whatsapp 09039467329. offer is limited

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by JohnFrankling(m): 7:32am On Dec 23, 2018
Ok
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by scarybeeeee: 7:36am On Dec 23, 2018
Richardjemedafe:
Simi
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by Ranchhoddas: 8:00am On Dec 23, 2018
Richardjemedafe:
Chidinma
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by eobianke(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2018
Richardjemedafe:
Tiwa
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by pope191: 9:20am On Dec 23, 2018
HisMajesty1:

Nah... Healing!
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by Memphis357(m): 9:27am On Dec 23, 2018
I'm here just to see Waje's enticing breasts.........

1 Like

Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by whytediamond(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2018
Richardjemedafe:

Tiwa Savage
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 23, 2018
See contradiction oo! grin dis girl na Olodo!
Re: I Used To Seek Validation From Social Media – Waje by teshiam(m): 10:12am On Dec 23, 2018
Richardjemedafe:
Niniola

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBNaija: Mercy Rock Seyi And Omashola, Went Butt Unclad (Photos) / Nigerian Rapper Splash Puts Her Hard Nip*les On Display At The Beach (photos) / Rapper, Skales Exposes NUDE Pictures Of His Ex-girlfriend After Break-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.