Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim (2101 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / 2023: Nigeria Doesn't Need Leaders With Walking Stick - Abdulsalami Abubakar / Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 11:49pm On Dec 22, 2018
POLITICS
Nigeria needs new leaders with new experiences – Olawepo-Hashim

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Trust, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, told our correspondent, OLALEKAN ADETAYO, that Nigeria needs new leaders with experiences to take it out of its current problems. Excerpts:

What informed your decision to run for the highest seat in the land?

I have a passion for this country and the passion has been noticeable since I was a young man. While in school, I was one of the students’ union leaders that fought for democracy. We have always believed that this country can be better than what it is now. We paid a price for that. I was detained under Decree 2 in those days. I was 1989 Amnesty International Prisoner of Conscience at the same time that Dr. Nelson Mandela was a Prisoner of Conscience in South Africa. It was my passion for Nigeria that was at display at that time, not because we were expecting that we are going to be politicians. It was even very dangerous as of that time, some of our colleagues actually died in the process of that struggle. So, what I am doing is a self-imposed duty that started about three decades ago. I understand how the modern international political economy operates and I know that we can drive all the forces of progress to make Nigeria a prosperous country. I also understand Nigeria. As one who has done business successfully in infrastructure, oil and gas, public affairs and engineering for 27 years, I will be able to steer Nigeria’s economy towards accelerated growth. I will also unite Nigeria and secure the country. That is why I am running.

You are aware that the position of the President of a country like Nigeria is not a small one, what kind of political background do you have that made you feel you are qualified to hold this office?

I have been in leadership positions all my life as a young man. I was a prefect in secondary school. We started leadership from that stage. You don’t just become a leader from the blues, you must have done something before that your peers believe that you can lead them. I was a students’ union leader in the university. I was one of the human rights leaders in Nigeria in the 80s. I was the National Publicity Secretary of a national party, National Democratic Labour Party, in 1996. In 1998/1999, I played a very serious role in establishing the democratic order and I was elected the first Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party. I was in the policy engine room in those years and as a matter of fact, when President Obasanjo was organising his Policy Advisory Committee, I was the secretary of the Youth and Women Sub Committee. We did most of the policy works on youths and women. Hajia Dongoyaro was the chairperson as of that time. I was also on the Political Advisory Committee in the Office of the Political Adviser up till 2003. At the policy, party management and civil society levels, I have very solid experience. But most importantly, as a businessman, I understand how to build infrastructure and how to create jobs. I think that is what Nigeria needs now. Nigeria does not need politicians that have always been depending on government all their lives. What we want to do now is to expand the economy. It is not just the usual people that you need to take Nigeria to the next phase of our development. We need essentially new leaders with new experiences. It is just like when Americans decided to go for Donald Trump, he has never been a governor or a senator and you can see how tremendous growth has occurred in the US economy because the Americans were interested in the economy in the last election. Nigeria does not need the usual set of politicians who have failed the country. Nigeria needs a new set of people who will think outside the box, not just repeating the same thing that has been done for about 30 years without result. We need to break from that era, we need a completely new and better Nigeria. That is why the core of my message is how to create a $4trn economy because the conversation has always been how to manage the small economy. Like when Nigeria had $510bn GDP in 2013, it was celebrated. But that size of economy cannot take Nigeria out of poverty. Nigeria needs $4tn size economy to be a medium-income economy and to be at par with countries that we were at par with at independence like Malaysia, Thailand and Turkey. These are middle-income economies. If we are going to have a per capita income that is going to be between $16,000 and $20,000, we need a $4trn economy. The new Nigeria economy programme that we have set up in our blueprint will take Nigeria to a $4trn economy within 10 years. We will be able to create like four million jobs on annual basis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigeria-needs-new-leaders-with-new-experiences-olawepo-hashim/amp/
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 11:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Gohashim2019

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by swhite2ch: 5:07am On Dec 23, 2018
Re
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by mictima(m): 5:13am On Dec 23, 2018
Lol...

Smh

Nigerians are brilliant and almost everybody seem to know the problems but it all boils down to "godfatherism"

Those who have godfathers will be corrupt and those who don't will only enter their houses and not any political office.

Sad, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by stefanjaeger: 5:18am On Dec 23, 2018
The his guy must have paid some of these Nairaland Moderators some huge amount of money. They like to push everything about him to the front page. I am very sure this is not for free.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by kstyle2(m): 5:31am On Dec 23, 2018
This man right here and sowore seem to be the only aspirants who have the required technical know how to rule this country but we will make the same mistake by electing the wrong leaders. I have seen people clamour for buhari to continue then I ask

* has security improved compared to the last regime?
*is our educational sector better compared to what was in the last administration and are we no longer witnessing ASUU strikes?
*our president kicked against public office holders going outside for treatment during their campaign but he spent over 100 days at a stretch receiving treatment. I believe health is wealth and one must seek quality medical services so I won't fault the president on that. My concern is that after experiencing quality healthcare services abroad, what has been done to replicate such services here in Nigeria so there won't be need for others to go outside for treatment anymore?
*have we witnessed fuel scarcity as we witnessed during the last administration?
*has electricity supply improved nationwide? Have we been able to hit up to 10,000mw of power and if not, what are the steps put in place to achieve this or even more and what is the time frame within which thus can be achieved?
* have we witnessed revamping of dead industries such as steel, textile industries?
* what is the current state of unemployment and what is been done to aid job creation?

When we honestly answer these questions, we may then know what to do to prevent more anguish on the land

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by Mynd44: 5:33am On Dec 23, 2018
stefanjaeger:
The his guy must have paid some of these Nairaland Moderators some huge amount of money. They like to push everything about him to the front page. I am very sure this is not for free.
This is one of the problems Nigeria has.

You said you are tired of APC/PDP. Isn't the way forward to find other candidates?

I have decided to promote all other candidates too to let people know them and hear them because they deserve it. Not everyday Atiku and buhari.

Sometimes, Sowore, Hassim, Durotoye, Donald Duke, Jerry Gana etc.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by haconjy(m): 5:58am On Dec 23, 2018
how I wish we can vote for him

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by Benite: 6:01am On Dec 23, 2018
Presidential candidate only known on nairaland.

This guy is only heard of on nairaland, makes me wonder if he is contesting for Nairaland President.

He should better go to the street and engage the people and stop wasting his time here.

Hashim that is already saying his plan is for 10 years when the maximum of 2 tenures of 4years is 8years.

He is not yet elected for 4years he is planning of 10years.

Na dis kind one they stay for life.

Go rest Oga
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by mungoparks: 6:12am On Dec 23, 2018
he too make noise.
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by helinues: 6:22am On Dec 23, 2018
Mynd44:

You said you are tired of APC/PDP. Isn't the way forward to find other candidates?

I have decided to promote all other candidates too to let people know them and hear them because they deserve it. Not everyday Atiku and buhari.

Nice one mod. Nairaland is for every Nigerians. Not only for Apc and Pdp

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by GboyegaD(m): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2018
Mynd44:

Thanks for enlightening readers on why you pushed this to the front page.
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 8:20am On Dec 23, 2018
People with defeated mentality want to force APC and PDP on the nation and anytime they see the 3rd Force coming forward, they get bitter.

Meanwhile, Hashim is the man for Nigeria in 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by IPassYahoo(m): 8:41am On Dec 23, 2018
Is Seun supporting Olawepo-Hashim?? Every news about him always get to FP.. dude cannot even win his polling unit not to talk of a single local government... he should have started with councillor grin
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 10:34am On Dec 23, 2018
That would be great if Seun is supporting him.
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by SeriouslySense(m): 10:43am On Dec 23, 2018
AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC AAC

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by Originalsly: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2018
mrrights:
POLITICS
Nigeria needs new leaders with new experiences – Olawepo-Hashim

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Trust, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, told our correspondent, OLALEKAN ADETAYO,

It is just like when Americans decided to go for Donald Trump, he has never been a governor or a senator and you can see how tremendous growth has occurred in the US economy because the Americans were interested in the economy in the last election. /

He just shot himself in the foot with this statement. He is dead wrong on Trump....for one Trump did not win the majority of votes in the US elections... the vast majority of Americans saw him for who he is. The presidency is decided by electoral votes....not popular votes/who most citizens voted for.
Trump and his policies are very unpopular in the US and abroad...period. His own hand picked Chiefs are resigning their positions...already 35% of them so far....15% with Obama. The only support Trump is getting is from White Supremacists.....but here is this one having Trump as a hero. We can see the path he will follow.
No doubt...Nigeria needs new leadership. Those at the top of the political ladder are out of touch..... they reached their prime in the last quarter of the 20th century....analog thinking for analog times in analog 20th century....they have not transformed to 21st century ...to the digital age. How can they have vision for the country in this era of technology when they are all illiterates in IT?
The masses is no different.... they are stuck with party politics....they support their party blindly...and will be a supporter for life.
Personally....one solution..... the ones on top of the ladder can be removed by force only.....coup d'etat.

Mod... thanks for bringing to FP..... guess it wasn't easy!
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 11:37am On Dec 23, 2018
shocked
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by Beaten: 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
Go Hashim can't you just fund some money? I haven't seen one poster of you on ant Lagos street let alone Bill board
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by mrrights: 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2018
Beaten:
Go Hashim can't you just fund some money? I haven't seen one poster of you on ant Lagos street let alone Bill board

Which part of Lagos are you?

Even people in eti osa has his posters everywhere
Re: Nigeria Needs New Leaders With New Experiences – Olawepo-hashim by tck2000(m): 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Never Again You Compare Saraki With Tinubu / Forgive Us, Herdsmen Beg Imo Community / Chad Army Says 52 Troops, 1,000 Jihadists Killed In Offensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.