Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? (5518 Views)

John 14:12 "And Greater Works Than These Shall He Do": But No One Has! / What's The Meaning Of When The Son Of Man Shall Come Will He Find Faith? / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 23, 2018
If "your" son of man ever returns, my name is not Zoharariel Underscore Obatala. grin

1 Like

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:42am On Dec 23, 2018
asuustrike1:

But you are observing demonic days, months and years. You are even attending cross over night services which isn't scriptural?. I wonder why many Christians will just pick some aspect that favours them and neglect them.
Just look at how you brutally exposed his hypocrisy..indeed the truth is a double-edged sword.

1 Like

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Greatzeus(m): 11:49am On Dec 23, 2018
What an Epistle grin I feel you bro but if pagans do worship on Sundays and I left paganism and started worshipping God on Sundays,does that mean I am still a worshiper of a pagan god?
True worship comes from the spirit,let us endeavor to worship God sincerely as our creator not for what we want to gain from religion. Many are religious today because they hope God will protect them from their enemies,meet their needs and Allow them into heaven,these are wrong reasons.
We are" created to praise him, worship his majesty and give Glory to his name"..Buchi

1 Like

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Elliot2(m): 11:56am On Dec 23, 2018
It is not like Reno and his black ancestors were there to witness all that he has claimed to have happened as facts,but simply cos he read some books that were equally written by those same pale skinned guys who only have different opinions. I advise we all go back to our respective religions.

1 Like

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Odinlo24: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
Only brainwashed people wait for Christ to return. Christ is not coming. Christ is already here in your heart waiting for you to let go all attachments and accept it. When you accept Christ which is the ideal nature of man, you become conscious. The only emotion you feel in your heart is love and compassion.

That is why you have such phrases "Christ in me"...." The kingdom of God is within you"....."know thyself"...

Christ is not a person but a state, infact, the highest level of consciousness.
is clear that you have been drinking please I encourage you to drink some more......have you ever read your Bible?
Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Cynergy: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
donybrainy:
kumuyi has already spoken about this long ago. The celebration of Christmas is demonic.
That is true. When i was growing up I used to wonder why Deeperlife Bible Church members always go for their camp meeting during the Christmas festive period. But, it was when I became much older and knowledgeable that I know realised that, They fixed their camp meeting at the Christmas festive week so that their members should not involved in the festivity, why because They don't believe in Christmas celebration.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
Odinlo24:
is clear that you have been drinking please I encourage you to drink some more......have you ever read your Bible?
I have read bible cover to cover twice, unlike the average Christian that only opens the bible when the pastor says "let us open our bible to the book of.....".

1 Like

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by johnstin(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
While December 25 may not be the actual date Jesus was born, it is good and I repeat, it is good that we celebrate the significance of the birth of Christ Jesus on that day.
The truth is that every born- again Christain who understands the spiritual implication of the restoration work of Jesus on earth will celebrate Jesus on a daily basis.
I will be happier if more days can be dedicated to praising and appreciating our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by luveu: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
ds what we should be hearing from u once in awhile reno, not everytime politics. shey u r a pastor?
Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Alexis11: 1:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kamxin:

Cerbration of independence is demonic because it is not in the bible.

Even going to school, cerebration of birthday, May day, children day all demonic.

Thank you! God bless you!

Those people are irredeemably daft. cool

1 Like

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by OyiboOyibo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
buygala:
All this plenty grammar does not concern the average Ibo businessman....For him, it's a time to rip off everyone including his umunna and hike prices of his wares for no clear reason sad

Or how else does one explain the fact that despite the abundance of fuel in filling stations nationwide, the Ibo Transporter has hiked fares to the East by as much as 500%?

Btw

Much as I hate Buhari and his goons, they have done a VERY good job in making fuel available during this holiday....Fuel queues are practically non-existent...smiley

You can say it's an election gimmick and that the queues will be back with a vengeance by next year as Jubril will have nothing to lose then....Yeah Jubril will win the 2019 election....no need deceiving myself otherwise even though I want him to lose sad....

But all I know is that my Yoruba Brothers are in for a big shock come 2023....i am waiting to see how 5 million almajiri will vote a Yoruba Slave over Atiku, Kwankwaso or any other Hausa Fulani Presidential aspirant grin

see your psychiatrist
Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by femi4: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
Were! What is demonic is gifts giving
Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by femi4: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
donybrainy:
kumuyi has already spoken about this long ago. The celebration of Christmas is demonic.
Just like TV is demonic and monitor plugged to internet is not.

Spiritual illiterate everywhere.....they see demon in anything, anywhere and anyday.

You are all hypocrite if you ever worship God on Mondays or attend deeperlife meetings on that day, after all Monday was coined from MOON DAY: A day dedicated to worship moon
Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by adams123: 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kamxin:

Cerbration of independence is demonic because it is not in the bible.

Even going to school, cerebration of birthday, May day, children day all demonic.

stop twisting it my dear..All those celebrations you listed above are not attached to Christianity but Christmas is attacked to it and is not mentioned in the Bible to do so... I am your Muslim brother. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Wapchrist1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Toyota And Lexus Spare parts and Accessories contact me on wapchrist1@gmail.com
Fuel pump
Brake pads
Disc
Brake shoe
spindle
Barron Cylinder
Gear box
Engine seating
Linkage
Shaft
Filters
Sterling rack
Tie Rod and socket

Genuine high Quality

1 Share

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Jonra(m): 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
highcollide:
Only brainwashed people wait for Christ to return.

Half-truths are dangerous.

It is recorded in Acts 1:11

"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."
Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by musicwriter(m): 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
I am pleased people are beginning to research christianity for what it really is. Let me just make clearer some of the things he's trying to say but his emotional attachment to christianity won't allow him be completely rational.

Christmas is a successful attempt to Christianize a previously pagan festival. The reasoning behind this passing off of paganism as Christianity is because as Europe surrendered to Christendom (a completely different phenomenon not to be mistaken for Christianity or Christ follower-ship), it became necessary in the eyes of the various kingdoms of Europe that merged with the Holy Roman Catholic Church to Christianize their pagan holidays and bring about a Catholic (the word Catholic simply means universal. It does not mean Christian) or acceptable holiday.

Rome actually brought in pagan practices into christianity, not the other way round. Christianity entered Europe officially because Emperor Constantine made a deal with christian warriors to fight on his side to defeat his opponent. The condition was for those pagans to be allowed to continue to worship their pagan Gods as christians. Eventually, many pagan worshipers from India, the Balkans, middle east, north Africa, Europe, coalesced and became what we now call christianity. Christianity is the ultimate worship of satan!.

It is rather sad for Christian religious leader to say that the first Christmas occurred in Bethlehem with Joseph, Mary and Jesus in a manger. That is false. I have been to Bethlehem. The first Christmas did not occur there.

Also, there was no Jesus walking on water, raising the dead in Bethlehem or environs either. Those stories about Jesus are earlier stories of several God-man figures who predate Jesus; such as Osiris, Horus, Buddha, Zoroaster, Mithra, etc.

Let me shock my readers by informing them that when the practice of Christmas began, the original church of Christ forbade it and excommunicated those who took part in it. But as they were persecuted, scattered all over the world and killed, the practice grew.

Not just in bible times, in 1644 Britain banned the celebration of Christmas because of its being satanic. The ban was lifted afterwards as satan completely took over christianity.

The origin of Christmas is traced not to Christianity, or Christ follower-ship, or even to The Bible. The roots of Christmas are from The Holy Roman Catholic Church. This is the official name of the Catholic Church. Don’t take my word for it. Google it.

Consider that name, The Holy Roman Catholic Church, for a second. Notice that in those five words, there is nothing connected to either Jesus (or Yehoshua) and God.

The word Holy means it is worthy of devotion. It does not mean that it is divine or from God. The word Catholic means that it is universal. The word Roman means that it originated from Rome. The word church actually refers to a gathering.

This is very funny!. It is the Roman catholic church that invented Jesus, bible, EVERYTHING about christianity. Whatever the catholic represent is the real meaning of christianity. In fact, if you're not a catholic, you're not a christian.

Christmas is a European holiday, not a Christian holiday.

It is celebrated in Nigeria and much of the world, for the simple reason that it was Europeans that brought modern day Christianity to Nigeria, Africa and much of the world.

I have read the Holy Books of Judaism, Christianity and Islam and while all of them acknowledge the Messiah, NONE of them instructs believers to celebrate Christmas or the birth of Christ.

In fact, God deliberately made sure we do not celebrate the birth of His only begotten Son, Yeshu’a (Jesus) by keeping the actual date of His birth from us.

As above, Rome and other Europeans created christianity and forced it upon the rest of the world through slavery and colonialism. Christianity is simply the worship of satan. Once I began researching Christianity, I soon realized this was the reason the early christians in Syria, Turkey, Arabia, etc, abandoned the religion in ancient times and instead embraced Islam.

No one on earth knows the date of the Messiah’s birth.

The bible Jesus never existed, that's why. You cannot have a birth day and death day for someone who never existed. People who lived during the time of supposed Jesus has known birth and death day; example; Philo, born 20 BCE, died 50 AD. Livy, born: 59 BC, died: 17 AD. Seneca, born 4 BC, died AD 65. These were philosophers and authors who lived during the supposed time of Jesus and they weren't popular!. This man said to have been walking on water would have had his details written on stone everywhere in the city like ancient people did.

What the Holy Bible, and Jesus specifically, asks Christians to celebrate is the DEATH of our Lord.

In Luke 22:19 Jesus says:

“And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."........

“All authority in ‪heaven‬ and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and TEACHING THEM TO OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

These words are called The Great Commission in Christianity.

There's nothing spacial about the ritual of breaking bread. That ritual was copied from earlier God-man figures said to have lived before Jesus. In ancient Egypt, in order to celebrate the resurrection of Osiris from the dead, they celebrants broke ''corn cake'' or what we can call moi moi. And while eating it, they believed they were eating the body of Osiris- the risen savior of the world. That's where christianity plagiarized it from.

All the other God-man and saviors before Jesus; such as Osiris, Horus, Buddha, Zoroaster, Mithra, etc, all of them commanded their followers to go all over the world to spread the ''good news'' and message of God.

That Christmas has become part of the Christian tradition does not mean that it has become acceptable with God.

You and I know that Jesus condemned the Pharisees. Now ask yourself why Jesus condemned them?

Matthew 15:9 gives us the answer:

“But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.”

I have already factually established that Christmas IS NOT Christian doctrine. It is the command of a man. To be precise, the name of that man is Emperor Constantine who ordered everyone in the Roman Empire to celebrate the Winter Solstice as Christmas beginning from 336 AD.

This is the epitome of satanism because The Bible warns us in 2 Corinthians 11:14 that:

“for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.”

If satan asks any true child of God to celebrate a pagan satanic ritual festival, they will never do it. So satan just transformed a satanic ritual festival by giving it a new name-CHRISTMAS, and voila, Christians begin to celebrate what Jesus did not command us to celebrate.

Christmas is an abomination and a blasphemous festival, and the Bible warned us about it in 1 Timothy 4:1 that:

You're spot on about the above but its how everything in christianity is. Christianity is the ultimate worship of satan. In Christianity, satan actually deceived the world to worship him.

Christians are the most gullible people. Today’s churches will celebrate anything as long as it is popular. Churches of this age even celebrate Halloween. Yes, Halloween. They attempt to Christianize it, but they celebrate it none the less.

Yes, indeed, Christians are the most gullible religious people in the world. I've been trying to compare between christianity and Islam which is more stupid as a religion and I concluded christianity is actually the most stupid religion. The reason is because the historicity of christianity and Jesus is out there for everybody to read. All you need do is research it, and I bet you that you'll come out of christianity quickly because you'll discover everything in the bible; including the story of Jesus was not a historical event but was copied from elsewhere.

The following books would be of help to anybody who want to free themselves from christianity.

Christianity before Christ- John G. Jackson

Bible myths and their parallel in other religions- T.W Doane

Jesus never existed- by Kenneth Humphreys

101 Myths of the Bible- How ancient scribes invented biblical history- By Gary Greenberg

The Greatest Deception Ever Sold- by Rabbi Edward L. Nydle & Levi bar Ido

The sixteen crucified saviors- by Karsey Graves

Who wrote the new testament? The making of the Christian myth- by Burten L. Mack

Forged- by Bart D. Ehrman

How Jesus became God- by Bart E. Ehrman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Kamxin(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
adams123:

stop twisting it my dear..All those celebrations you listed above are not attached to Christianity but Christmas is attacked to it and is not mentioned in the Bible to do so... I am your Muslim brother. Thank you

Christmas is attached to Christianity because they cerebrate it.

Birthday, Independence day is attached to christianity because they cerebrate it even in the church. Show us where it is mentioned in the bible.

Do you still have another type of attachment to christianity, let me not mention others like cross over night and end of the year party.

Even democracy that allow some people to impoverish others have a pagan root. I know democracy is not in the Koran.

So what is the point? Whatever I have, I cerebrate it without taking permission from anybody or checking the bible or koran.
Re: Christmas: When The Son Of Man Returns, Shall He Still Find Faith On Earth? by Hahjascho(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
Rubbish! did information found on Google descend from heaven? were they not written by common people like you which can be flawed because it seems google has brainwashed Op

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Donald Trump Is The Christian Hero We Never Expected / Don't Break The Hedge. / Soyinka: Posers For An Atheist At 77

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.