Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One (12862 Views)

Moment A Parked All-electric Tesla Model S Car Exploded In A Garage / Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge / Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by obafemee80(m): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dvMWXmhUl0

The largest producer of electric cars in China,Beijing Electric Vehicle (BJEV) ,don't want us to wait for hours to charge the depleted batteries of our all-electric cars.

The automaker now has an all-electric model that charges by swapping out the old batteries for a new charged one.

The video above shows how the all-electric model BAIC EU300 drives into Battery-swap Station to change the dead battery to a new one .

The whole process is automatic and takes less than three minutes . And that's less than the time it takes a petrol or diesel powered cars to fill its tank at a filling station.

China's Nio started the swappable battery service earlier this year with the launch of its ES8 electric SUVĀ .The two Chinese automakers plan to install thousands of Battery-swap Stations across China by 2020.

https://autojosh.com/all-electric-cars-can-now-swap-dead-batteries-with-a-fully-charged-one/

4 Likes

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by Tunasco4u(m): 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
Am coming for my own electric car very soon.insha Allah

8 Likes

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by JerryLegend(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
We are getting there Nigeria grin
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by oladele239(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Imagine this in Nigeria

You're on third mainland bridge at about 10pm and battery dies and you call Mufu the charger to please bring another one for you and he tells you

Oga light no dey since morning so battery never charge grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by GoldHorse(m): 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
These are foward looking people.

2 Likes

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by Decryptor(m): 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
They should bring the Battery swap stations to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by lookingfly: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
I
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by CarGuideNG: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by Highesschief1: 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nna see business oooo,... Na to build battery station sharp sharp
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by Groovenaija360(m): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
cool cool
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by ilogbe(m): 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ok
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
GoldHorse:
These are foward looking people.

1 Like

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by anambraamaka: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Great news

1 Like

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by laivwire(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
oladele239:
Imagine this in Nigeria

You're on third mainland bridge at about 10pm and battery dies and you call Mufu the charger to please bring another one for you and he tells you

Is that how fuel finishes in your tank on 3MB?

7 Likes

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by feldido(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
And we are still looking for oil in some barren land... embarassed

1 Like

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by ednut1(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
We go drink crude oil last last

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by oladele239(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
laivwire:

Is that how fuel finishes in your tank on 3MB?

undecided
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by maticdamian(m): 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Pop smoke
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by Judybash93(m): 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
Decryptor:
They should bring the Battery swap stations to Nigeria

Why? This ain't about fuel powered vehicles. The battery swap is majorly for electric cars
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by JessetariahMD(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2018
very soon oyel go cost 30naira per barrel

2 Likes

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by Decryptor(m): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Judybash93:

Why? This ain't about fuel powered vehicles. The battery swap is majorly for electric cars

I know. Bringing it here means that the electric cars will be imported and used in Nigeria which will see fuel powered cars go into the doldrums. Secondly, it will make all these hybrid cars become useful to their owners here in Nigeria.
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by Drsavage(m): 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
oladele239:
Imagine this in Nigeria

True talk, bro... it's not convenient like the petrol car... and batteries do get faulty... And I trust 9ja guys once it gets here there will be a lot of fake batteries, just like the ones on mobile phones thereby causing many complications... they should work more on this battery stuff or else I don't think it'll sell globally.
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by JessetariahMD(m): 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
actoreze1:
Congrats to all my lucky subscriber , winning is our right. it fixed and assured . Dm or Whatsapp to be part of the winning Merry Xmas and Happy Sunday to yall.
Be creative find another method to scam..this one don day too popular

3 Likes

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by franksam2009: 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
maticdamian:
A Student of Unilorin I am Stuck in school for this Xmas no money to eat all my friends have gone for holiday but am the only one left in the hostel I don't want to die of hunger I have nothing to eat as of this moment I speak anything be it just #500 I don't ask much just so that I can put something in my mouth please help

Diamond Bank
Ayodamola Olaosebikan Segun
#500 * 500 =#250,000
Bro ur Xmas don set o
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by firstolalekan(m): 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
I love hybrids more
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by toplinetrtrend: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
oladele239:
Imagine this in Nigeria

Your reasoning is not funny and it's down to earth stupid.

The car will tell you how much battery life is left and will also tell you how many miles the remaining batter power can cover. So, the idea of being inf caught off guard isn't fefeasible, except if the driver is an idiot.

Stop talking like a dunce in an attempt to sound funny.

10 Likes

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by JessetariahMD(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
maticdamian:
A Student of Unilorin I am Stuck in school for this Xmas no money to eat all my friends have gone for holiday but am the only one left in the hostel I don't want to die of hunger I have nothing to eat as of this moment I speak anything be it just #500 I don't ask much just so that I can put something in my mouth please help

Diamond Bank
Ayodamola Olaosebikan Segun
I think say school dey strike..

number two so non of ya friends fit borrow u money to take travel meaning ur a very bad person..number 3 I'lf u begin trek now u go reach ur place b4 25th..time wait for no one so start trekking...scammers

5 Likes

Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by maticdamian(m): 12:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
Pop smoke
Re: All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One by oladele239(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

Your reasoning is not funny and it's down to earth stupid.

The car will tell you how much battery life is left and will also tell you how many miles the remaining batter power can cover. So, the idea of being inf caught off guard isn't fefeasible, except if the driver is an idiot.

Stop talking like a dunce in an attempt to sound funny.

Must you be abusive in your quote

You're frustrated sorry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire / / Using "Paint Thinner" As Injector Cleaner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.