Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? (1063 Views)

Maduka Buries Mother-In-Law In Imo, Pledges Befitting Home For Catholic Priests / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos To Give Ndubuisi Kanu A Befitting Burial / Police Reforms: Our Cells Should Be Dignifying & Befitting For Human (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by Niorte: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
I am of the opinion that the National Assembly failed to honour the Office of the President by making Mr President to sit at a position lower than that of the Senate and the Speaker.

Those who understand protocols, what do you think about the picture below. Is that seat appropriate for the number One man, while the number Two sat above him.

Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by Xander85: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
Niorte:
I am of the opinion that the National Assembly failed to honour the Office of the President by making Mr President to sit at a position lower than that of the Senate and the Speaker.

Those who understand protocols, what do you think about the picture below. Is that seat appropriate for the number One man, while the number Two sat above him.

In the National Assembly, Buhari is a visitor and stands where they want him to stand!

The judiciary, legislature and executive are supposed to be equal partners with none lording it over the other, but at the National Assembly the Senate President as head of the legislature is Lord Of The Manor!

6 Likes

Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by comradewanle(m): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
Even the way Saraki was looking at PMB is somehow. .....what could be in his mind?
Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by nnachukz(m): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
They can even make him to keep standing all through the process and nothing will happen. This is because, they are the President and Speaker here and he is just a guest.
If he has any reason to go to court, the Judge will still sit above him.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by Niorte: 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
Xander85:

In the National Assembly, Buhari is a visitor and stands where they want him to stand!

The judiciary, legislature and executive are supposed to be equal partners with none lording it over the other, but at the National Assembly the Senate President as head of the legislature is Lord Of The Manor!
How could the President of the Federation be a visitor? And even if he was, that shouldn't rob him off his position as the President of the country
Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by Niorte: 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
nnachukz:
They can even make him to keep standing all through the process and nothing will happen. This is because, they are the President and Speaker here and he is just a guest.
If he has any reason to go to court, the Judge will still sit above him.
But remember he can't go to court as The President of the FRN but only as a Mr Buhari?
Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by kutchs: 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
Niorte:

How could the President of the Federation be a visitor? And even if he was, that shouldn't rob him off his position as the President of the country
The Senate president is the presiding officer of the Senate and head of the NASS even at joint sittings. The president is only a visitor and can not take the place of the presiding officer. That's how democracy works.
I'm very sure you know this but as a buharists, you will rather cause trouble and mischief than accept what is.

BTW, where do you want him to sit? On the ceiling I guess. Funny people.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by nnachukz(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
Niorte:

But remember he can't go to court as The President of the FRN but only as a Mr Buhari?
Yes, that is to the Court. But to every Nigeria, he is the President.
Though I just gave an example. His position makes it difficult to even see him in court.
Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by emmasege: 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
@ OP, what makes a democratic government is the legislature. Remember, we've always had the executive and the judiciary anyway, even in the days of the military.

Why do you think the President takes a bow to the offices of the Senate President and Speaker, after presenting his budget? You only bow to a higher authority.

In the true sense of it, the legislature is above the executive in a constitutional democracy.

1 Like

Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by emmasege: 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
Niorte:

Mr man, how's this so important of all the afflictions your Buhari has inflicted on innocent and hardworking Nigerians? Will he be the first president to ever sit in that position below the NASS leaders?

For your information, the president is subject to NASS and its leadership, just like NASS leaders are subject to the legislators, and the legislators (and by implication everyone up the ladder) are subject to us the people. I guess, this is where the PDP got their slogan POWER TO THE PEOPLE. Unfortunately, most of our politicians and the electorates don't appreciate this fact.

Now, can you 'chill'?

1 Like

Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by Sirjamo: 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Everyone knows that Baba is the big Boss, if Saraki and Dogara like, they can go and sit on mtn mast
Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by raumdeuter: 5:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
You decide

1 Like

Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by Niorte: 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
kutchs:

The Senate president is the presiding officer of the Senate and head of the NASS even at joint sittings. The president is only a visitor and can not take the place of the presiding officer. That's how democracy works.
I'm very sure you know this but as a buharists, you will rather cause trouble and mischief than accept what is.

BTW, where do you want him to sit? On the ceiling I guess. Funny people.
Thank you for your contribution. Check my post, I was careful not to make it a case of Buhari but the Office of the President.

Must I be a Buharist before I can raise up an observation?
Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by Niorte: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
raumdeuter:

You decide
Picture speaks volume.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by Niorte: 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
emmasege:
@ OP, what makes a democratic government is the legislature. Remember, we've always had the executive and the judiciary anyway, even in the days of the military.

Why do you think the President takes a bow to the offices of the Senate President and Speaker, after presenting his budget? You only bow to a higher authority.

In the true sense of it, the legislature is above the executive in a constitutional democracy.
Well done.
Good contribution
Re: Is This Position Befitting For The Office Of The President? by snowball11(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
raumdeuter:

You decide

There's a reason they call them all zombies! They are built to function in a programmable way by default; hence, their reasoning ability is in the reverse order! undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tension In Kogi As APC Supporters Destroy Atiku’s Billboard / The Truth About Shagari, The 1983 Buhari Coup & The SW Media by Demola Olarewaju / A Nigerian Soldier Fighting Insurgents In Sambisa Endorsed Buhari Reelection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.