Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer (31314 Views)

Messi Argued With Sevilla Star Carlos & Pushed Him Down In Sevilla 0-0 Barca / Mbappe Pushed Neymar Out Of PSG's Trophy Celebration Today / Ikorodu Bois Recreate The Moment Big Baby Pushed Anthony Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by odun360(m): 3:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
Brazil star Neymar has opened up on the struggles of his upbringing and revealed how a lack of cookies gave him motivation to become a rich and successful footballer.

The world record signing, who joined Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona for £198million, was once in an environment where every penny counted and food was in scarce supply.

And in an open and honest interview with YouTube channel O Primo Rico, the PSG forward recounts one particular story about being owed cookies from his mother and how that fueled a fire inside him to become a rich and successful player.

He said: 'There's a story with my mum and I think most people know it. I really wanted to eat cookies but we didn't have any, so my mum said: "Son we don't have more money, there's no way. I'll owe you this week, maybe next week when dad gets his payment, we can buy it."'.

'At the same time I told her, "mum it's OK. One day I will be very rich. I'll buy a cookie factory so I can eat whenever I want."'

'My mum cries when she tells that story because it was really touching for her.'

Neymar quickly honed his skills and began to attract lots of attention as a teenager in his home country. It didn't take long before European scouts took an interest.

'I think it was by the time I was 14 or 15 years old that I realised I wouldn't lack anything anymore if I did things right, if I had my parents take care of everything.'

https://www.reportminds.com/2018/12/lack-of-money-and-food-pushed-me-to.html?m=1

21 Likes

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by lastdonib: 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hmm.... Different strokes for different folks...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by GOFRONT(m): 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
cheesy

Adonbilivit

3 Likes

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by Groovenaija360(m): 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Rubbish

Who cares

BUHARI must go
undecided

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Do not despise the days of little beginnings...........

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by millionboi2: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
It is fun and sweet when u over come ur challenge s and stand out financialy without doing Yahoo yahoo

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Rubbish

Who cares

BUHARI must go
undecided
Even on Neymar's thread?!

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by Passionate888: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
No be only you o.
Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by RexTramadol1: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Lack of nice skills will make my United finish you in UCL

1 Like

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by Naxtrad(m): 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Every success has story...

1 Like

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by tegamarro(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
Make our helper locate us Amen � the year isn't too late baba Take Charge and pull them here.

5 Likes

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by theophorus(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
...Ogbeni, if you know the number of boys wen 'Lack of Money and Food' dey drive for Nigeria, you go throway this your talk...

#Just Dey Thank God Say Things Work in your Favour.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by wonuks(m): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
shocked
Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by Radiant1020(f): 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
It's good it pushed you into doing something positive
Not like some that it's pushing them to do yahoo and prostitution

5 Likes

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by dfrost: 6:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hustle right and legit. It will come one day. Just don't stop.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by sheyoroniyen(m): 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Groovenaija360:
Rubbish
Who cares
BUHARI must go
undecided
buhari......neymar hw e tk relate....

let jus imagine you have sense now

6 Likes

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
The road to the top for the right people has never been all rosy for them all.
Consistency and discipline is the watchword.

7 Likes

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by BruncleZuma: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
So the power of Owu is universal...?

[img]https://i./3NnV4.gif[/img]

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by SingleWahala(f): 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
cheesy....
Naija na to go do Armed robbery angry angry angry
Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by Kenekingisback: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Buhari sef angry angry angry
Wicked sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by akinbodma(m): 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Successful people's stories always seems touching
My friend real touching stories are from the poor
Anyway its motivation

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by abdulaz: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hunger and poverty coupled with the desire to escape from it is the root of all evil.

Where I come from, we get rich or we die trying.

2 Likes

Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by SingleWahala(f): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
abdulaz:
Hunger and poverty coupled with the desire to escape from it is the root of all evil.

In Naija ba
Re: Neymar: Lack Of Money And Food Pushed Me To Become A Successful Footballer by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
and yet he is the most controversial player when it comes to humility and extravagancy....dis life sha

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIFA To Ban Nigeria By The End Of Today If... / Fred Weds Monique Salum In Brazil (Photos) / "New Karius" - Fans Slam David De Gea After Barcelona Goal Blunder (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.