Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Airtel "4g" Speed Test - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel "4g" Speed Test (3598 Views)

Nokia 3.1 Plus Vs Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Speed Test Comparison (photos) / Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Vs Huawei Y9 2019 Speed Test & RAM Management (photos) / Airtel 4G Ite is Live And Blazing + 4gig Trial Bonus (Speed test pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel "4g" Speed Test by mikeycharles(m): 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
Harrlex Concept

It’s no news that Airtel is testing their 4g network speeds (despite the fact that some countries are already testing 5g), They are also giving out four gigabytes worth of data to their customers as bonus free data to test their 4g LTE speed.

I’m a proud Airtel user and I must say despite the free offer, I don’t see myself subscribing to any Airtel 4g plans due to the poor network speed that is being offered.

My intent of writing this piece is not to bash the telecommunication giant but for them to up their game, the 4g LTE is speed is just an overrated 3g band speed.

Airtel even took their campaign to twitter to promote the 4g network with the hash tag #3GIsGreat4GIsBetter.

I can’t really complain about the free data I was offered but I don’t buy into the whole “4g service” and here are my reasons; I have done some speed tests and check out the screenshots

I did several speed tests but they all managed to fall within an average of four megabits per second for the download speed.

The upload speed reached a maximum of 930 kilobits per second, I did this test several times but the figures slightly changed but at most times they didn’t go higher than this.

We have seen better speed offered by an array of other networks and I’m just gonna call this for what it is; A BIG SHAM, I’m not going to mention or juxtapose between other networks but I’m definitely not impressed at what Airtel is offering as “4g Network”

Source https://www.harrlexconcept.com.ng/airtel-4g-speed-test/

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by 11BYTE: 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
Right now airtel is making me crazy with its slow network, there should as well as f*** off with their 4g.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by talut(m): 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
I'm in no way defending Airtel but no network is actually consistent in Nigeria... Besides the speed test you conducted uses a us server which is a relatively far location. It's not wrong in anyway but it's worth pointing out. Your result doesn't seem trustworthy. I'm almost certain that no 4g test will give that kind of result. The screenshot below is a 4g speed test I conducted just now using Airtel 4g

4 Likes

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by talut(m): 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Even my 3g speed test does better than your "4g speed test"
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by talut(m): 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
your unit is also wrong sef.. megabits per seconds not megabytes per 2.3seconds
mikeycharles:
Harrlex Concept

It’s no news that Airtel is testing their 4g network speeds (despite the fact that some countries are already testing 5g), They are also giving out four gigabytes worth of data to their customers as bonus free data to test their 4g LTE speed.

I’m a proud Airtel user and I must say despite the free offer, I don’t see myself subscribing to any Airtel 4g plans due to the poor network speed that is being offered.

My intent of writing this piece is not to bash the telecommunication giant but for them to up their game, the 4g LTE is speed is just an overrated 3g band speed.

Airtel even took their campaign to twitter to promote the 4g network with the hash tag #3GIsGreat4GIsBetter.

I can’t really complain about the free data I was offered but I don’t buy into the whole “4g service” and here are my reasons; I have done some speed tests and check out the screenshots

I did several speed tests but they all managed to fall within an average of four megabytes per 2.3 seconds for the download speed.

The upload speed reached a maximum of 930 kilobytes per second, I did this test several times but the figures slightly changed but at most times they didn’t go higher than this.

We have seen better speed offered by an array of other networks and I’m just gonna call this for what it is; A BIG SHAM, I’m not going to mention or juxtapose between other networks but I’m definitely not impressed at what Airtel is offering as “4g Network”

Source https://www.harrlexconcept.com.ng/airtel-4g-speed-test/

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by abdulhadi101(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
Here its 12Mbps...OP its megabit per second
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by JandyJ(m): 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
talut:
I'm in no way defending Airtel but no network is actually consistent in Nigeria... Besides the speed test you conducted uses a us server which is a relatively far location. It's not wrong in anyway but it's worth pointing out. Your result doesn't seem trustworthy. I'm almost certain that no 4g test will give that kind of result. The screenshot below is a 4g speed test I conducted just now using Airtel 4g

That 57mbps what's the location
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by bravesoul247(m): 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Lol. Can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by bravesoul247(m): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
talut:
Even my 3g speed test does better than your "4g speed test"
na so. It depends on the device though. My TECNO camon X pro brings out the best in my Airtel sim, in fact I think the device is meant majorly for 4g sims
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by talut(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ota ogun state.
JandyJ:

That 57mbps what's the location

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by SARILI1: 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Airtel is the bomb in my area... I get more than 5MB/sec atimes here...

2 Likes

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Kyase(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
grin grin

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Shollay20(m): 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
hmmmn no 4g phone

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Iamhenry96(m): 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
I didn't receive the free 4GB data after purchasing a new SIM.. How do I get mine?
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by JandyJ(m): 12:21am On Dec 24, 2018
talut:
Ota ogun state.

Incredibly fast. 4g coverage is not in ilaro. Or did they dey launch the 4g network newly

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by mikeycharles(m): 1:11am On Dec 24, 2018
JandyJ:

Incredibly fast. 4g coverage is not in ilaro. Or did they dey launch the 4g network newly
Just insert your Airtel sim into a 4g compatible device and you would be automatically given.
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Kamaye(m): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2018
Here in Jos the best speed I was able to get from Airtel 4G is 2mb/s. It depends on location though, maybe I could get higher speed in another location within the city.
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by talut(m): 7:21am On Dec 24, 2018
It should be about one two months ago
JandyJ:

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by talut(m): 7:27am On Dec 24, 2018
The op is actually proposing he gets 500KBps as download speed on a 4g network.. I'm sorry but this just sounds too "unbelievable" for me
Kamaye:
Here in Jos the best speed I was able to get from Airtel 4G is 2mb/s. It depends on location though, maybe I could get higher speed in another location within the city.
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Vicboi1(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Iamhenry96:
I didn't receive the free 4GB data after purchasing a new SIM.. How do I get mine?
It would be activated once your networks shows 4G
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Iamhenry96(m): 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
I registered it last week but haven't seen it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by mikeycharles(m): 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
Whew, most y'all are just mad at nothing, if you don't like it read it some more and visit the blog and read other things. kiss grin

Lalasticlala
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Vicboi1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
Iamhenry96:
I registered it last week but haven't seen it

Set your phone to 4g only and if there is a 4g signal in your area then the 4gb data would be given to you

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by lekjons(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2018
I get around 6-7 mb/sec while downloading.. Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Mizik(m): 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2018
This is what i get

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by dessz(m): 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2018
11BYTE:
Right now airtel is making me crazy with its slow network, there should as well as f*** off with their 4g.
bro thank u!!!! It started last week I can hardly browse!! I just bought glo Sim today Chai.. Airtel used to b d bomb 2 wks ago

2 Likes

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2018
the speed is awesome in my end!

1 Like

Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Mizik(m): 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2018
Iamhenry96:
Me too
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Mizik(m): 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2018
mikeycharles:
Just insert your Airtel sim into a 4g compatible device and you would be automatically given.
i wasn't given
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Mizik(m): 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2018
Vicboi1:

It would be activated once your networks shows 4G
my network is always on 4G bbut i didn't receive it
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Vicboi1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
Mizik:
my network is always on 4G bbut i didn't receive it
Are you sure your sim is a 4G sim
Re: Airtel "4g" Speed Test by Mizik(m): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
Vicboi1:

Are you sure your sim is a 4G sim
yes nah its even written on the sim.
Plus look at this.
I get 4G on both sims yet no data was given

(1) (2) (Reply)

American used Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for sale at a cheaper price(cash & carry) / Am Looking For An Android Phone Below 10k / Which Android Phone Can I Get For Ten Thousand Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.