Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake (1447 Views)

Why Voting The Man Called Hon. Onoriode Agofure For House Of Assembly / Why Voting For Abubakar Atiku Is A FATAL Mistake - There Are 7+ Presidential Asp / Nigerians Made The Mistake Of Voting For Buhari - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by EVarn(m): 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
As Nigerians are once again about to decide the fate of the nation in the coming 2019 polls, we must bear in mind that our votes are our voice, and thus, we will be responsible for the kind of leadership we enthrone. Even though we are confronted with a situation that can be aptly described as "two sides of the same coin" regarding the current struggle for political power between the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the grand opposition, the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP), we must however meticulously scrutinize the choices we are about to make to ensure we don't pick the "tail" of the coin.

The options seem clear, apart from a few rabble rousing "third forces" who clearly have no coherent or realistic manifesto to offer, the choice is between a frustated APC and a desperate PDP. The purpose of this article is to state a few reasons why voting for PDP in the upcoming presidential election will be a big mistake.

1.Atiku and his party have failed to present a detailed economic blueprint they wish to implement, in fact, no concrete plans bordering on economy, foreign affairs, or security has been announced by his entire campaign office. The only statements we have heard so far are vague rhetorics on restructuring (which they have repeatedly failed to expantiate on), long winded speeches about "imitating China" and heated criticism of the policies of the current administration. Then again, remembering the fact that Atiku was in charge of the Privatisation committee that sold away all of Nigeria's major public enterprises to cronies and profiteers, then it shouldn't come as a surprise that no sound economic policies are coming from his angle.

2. Neither Atiku, nor his running mate, Peter Obi, can be really trusted with the treasury of this country, owing to the fact that the source of their wealth is still very much shrouded in mystery. Especially in the case of Atiku who started his career as a customs officer,and who till now is still enmeshed in scandals. Isn't it time for us to demand that whoever wants to attain the highest office in the land should make detailed explanation of his financial resources?. Furthermore, there have been no evidence that both Atiku and Peter declared their assets before the Code of Conduct Bureau after their stint as Vice President and Governor respectively.

3. Many of the pioneers and frontrunners of the current PDP are either embroiled in embezzlement scandals or being actively prosecuted for financial crimes. In this context, we have a PDP that is a party mostly made up of criminals and rogues, how then can one trust such a party to run the affairs of a fragile nation like Nigeria?. It simply means if we vote them in, they wouldn't need to hire armies of SANs to defend themselves anymore, instead, they will have the very instruments of state protecting their loots.

4. As much as the Buhari led APC administration has not really met up to the expectation of most Nigerians, we however should consider the state of the economy when he became President, oil prices sunk to a record low and the country was tilting to a complete shutdown. Hence, we can say that this administration didn't have as much money as the last one, or the one before it. However, despite the glut in revenue, we can see quite a number of infrastructural projects in terms of railway and roads, coupled with sound policies such as the TSA which was implemented by the current administration, BVN, EGRP, the agriculture masterplan and so on, all these would require continuity to properly implement. If PDP is allowed to come in, we may have a situation where they will uproot most of the gains made by this administration for political reasons. This is an issue affecting the country, lack of continuity of public policies.

5. Allowing APC to rule till 2023 will level the political landscape, and pave way for a possible igbo presidency. In 2023, the competition would be between the South East and South West, this will in turn lay the foundation for an igbo presidency(if the easterners play their cards right) and quell agitations in the South East. However, in the case of allowing Atiku to win, he will run for a second term, and even the APC at that time will again field a northern candidate to complete the 8 year cycle of the north(and of course, if that candidate enters, he too will want to go for a second term, which will continue to frustrate the realization of an igbo presidency). So, it is in the best interest of the east to support a choice that will see them in the highest echelons of government sooner.

6. Atiku, while he was Vice President, was responsible for a defense deal with North Korea coming to a halt. The deal that would have seen Nigeria possess missile technology, along with other military technological transfers that would have definitely grown our defense capabilities and ensured that problems like Boko Haram wouldn't even be an issue today. He however unwittingly informed the US government, who in turn, put pressure on the Obasanjo administration not to carry on with the deal. Such events represents how the actions of pastleaders have adversely affected the future of the nation. How then can one trust such a person with the security of our country?, a man that couldn't keep his mouth from spilling classified information?.

Note that I am not a member or supporter of any political party, only a citizen trying to express an opinion from an unbiased point of view.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by PunAdict: 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
It is a known fact, that Atiku is a known thief, what is not yet clear to people is that he is a despersdo a schemer and a betrayer.
Atiku is going to do anything to get into power, unfortunately for him, he will end up as usual.
"PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by SarkinYarki: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
no mistake can be worse than Buhari so Atiku gets my vote

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by thatigboman: 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
SarkinYarki:
mine too. And those of my family, my friends and my generation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by theoldpretender(m): 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ideally, one would vote for PDP in the next election, and if they don't do well...vote APC in 2023.

Eventually, the political class would wake up and start doing some real work if they see the people mean business.

OP., by the way, even if Atiku had not informed the USA....North Korea giving us missile tech would have been stopped by the US even without Atiku.

It is sad that the next choice is between corruption and corruption.....ah well, Nigeria needs change, not the sort politicans can bring tho.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by PunAdict: 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Because they refused to employ you in BMC abi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by GarriKoro(m): 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Atiku is a thief and all know this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Charmingrascal(m): 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
With Pump action rifle to my head and a double edge sword to my neck I wll still say it loud and clear that Buhari is not a gud choice and Atiku is not an option at all. It's a pity dat many Nigerians dnt look beyond these two and their parties.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by kestolove95(m): 8:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
Arhhhh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Kenekingisback: 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
useless reasons

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
So you are implying we go back to Egypt I suppose lipsrsealed undecided?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by sichri(m): 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Arrant nonsense!

EVarn:
As Nigerians are once again about to decide the fate of the nation in the coming 2019 polls, we must bear in mind that our votes are our voice, and thus, we will be responsible for the kind of leadership we enthrone. Even though we are confronted with a situation that can be aptly described as "two sides of the same coin" regarding the current struggle for political power between the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the grand opposition, the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP), we must however meticulously scrutinize the choices we are about to make to ensure we don't pick the "tail" of the coin.

The options seem clear, apart from a few rabble rousing "third forces" who clearly have no coherent or realistic manifesto to offer, the choice is between a frustated APC and a desperate PDP. The purpose of this article is to state a few reasons why voting for PDP in the upcoming presidential election will be a big mistake.

1.Atiku and his party have failed to present a detailed economic blueprint they wish to implement, in fact, no concrete plans bordering on economy, foreign affairs, or security has been announced by his entire campaign office. The only statements we have heard so far are vague rhetorics on restructuring (which they have repeatedly failed to expantiate on), long winded speeches about "imitating China" and heated criticism of the policies of the current administration. Then again, remembering the fact that Atiku was in charge of the Privatisation committee that sold away all of Nigeria's major public enterprises to cronies and profiteers, then it shouldn't come as a surprise that no sound economic policies are coming from his angle.

2. Neither Atiku, nor his running mate, Peter Obi, can be really trusted with the treasury of this country, owing to the fact that the source of their wealth is still very much shrouded in mystery. Especially in the case of Atiku who started his career as a customs officer,and who till now is still enmeshed in scandals. Isn't it time for us to demand that whoever wants to attain the highest office in the land should make detailed explanation of his financial resources?. Furthermore, there have been no evidence that both Atiku and Peter declared their assets before the Code of Conduct Bureau after their stint as Vice President and Governor respectively.

3. Many of the pioneers and frontrunners of the current PDP are either embroiled in embezzlement scandals or being actively prosecuted for financial crimes. In this context, we have a PDP that is a party mostly made up of criminals and rogues, how then can one trust such a party to run the affairs of a fragile nation like Nigeria?. It simply means if we vote them in, they wouldn't need to hire armies of SANs to defend themselves anymore, instead, they will have the very instruments of state protecting their loots.

4. As much as the Buhari led APC administration has not really met up to the expectation of most Nigerians, we however should consider the state of the economy when he became President, oil prices sunk to a record low and the country was tilting to a complete shutdown. Hence, we can say that this administration didn't have as much money as the last one, or the one before it. However, despite the glut in revenue, we can see quite a number of infrastructural projects in terms of railway and roads, coupled with sound policies such as the TSA which was implemented by the current administration, BVN, EGRP, the agriculture masterplan and so on, all these would require continuity to properly implement. If PDP is allowed to come in, we may have a situation where they will uproot most of the gains made by this administration for political reasons. This is an issue affecting the country, lack of continuity of public policies.

5. Allowing APC to rule till 2023 will level the political landscape, and pave way for a possible igbo presidency. In 2023, the competition would be between the South East and South West, this will in turn lay the foundation for an igbo presidency(if the easterners play their cards right) and quell agitations in the South East. However, in the case of allowing Atiku to win, he will run for a second term, and even the APC at that time will again field a northern candidate to complete the 8 year cycle of the north(and of course, if that candidate enters, he too will want to go for a second term, which will continue to frustrate the realization of an igbo presidency). So, it is in the best interest of the east to support a choice that will see them in the highest echelons of government sooner.

6. Atiku, while he was Vice President, was responsible for a defense deal with North Korea coming to a halt. The deal that would have seen Nigeria possess missile technology, along with other military technological transfers that would have definitely grown our defense capabilities and ensured that problems like Boko Haram wouldn't even be an issue today. He however unwittingly informed the US government, who in turn, put pressure on the Obasanjo administration not to carry on with the deal. Such events represents how the actions of pastleaders have adversely affected the future of the nation. How then can one trust such a person with the security of our country?, a man that couldn't keep his mouth from spilling classified information?.

Note that I am not a member or supporter of any political party, only a citizen trying to express an opinion from an unbiased point of view.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by IamPatriotic(m): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
thatigboman:

Thank God the registered votes and the PVC of everybody in your region is not up Bauchi votes.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Bizibi(m): 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
The ones that love the situation of Nigeria under the present administration.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by EVarn(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
sichri:
Arrant nonsense!
Why, thanks for the compliment. Merry Christmas to you too.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by EVarn(m): 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
asuustrike1:
So you are implying we go back to Egypt I suppose lipsrsealed undecided?
That's odd, I never knew we visited Egypt, the harmattan must have obscured the pyramids....
Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by aariwa(m): 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
Voting Atiku will strengthen our democracy and teach any future leader how to work for the people when elected and not to start telling stories after 4 years.It was done to Jonathan.it will be done to Atiku when he misbehaves.Thats real democracy

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by thatigboman: 8:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
IamPatriotic:

Thank God the registered votes and the PVC of everybody in your region is not up Bauchi votes.

how many cows are in bauchi state?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by dominique(f): 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
As much as I'm not fond of this current administration, voting Atiku will never be an alternative. I'd rather 'waste' my vote on any of the less popular parties than vote either PDP or APC.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by JasonScoolari: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
dominique:
As much as I'm not fond of this current administration, voting Atiku will never be an alternative. I'd rather 'waste' my vote on any of the less popular parties than vote either PDP or APC.
Don't lemme *cash you dominique. angry

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by JasonScoolari: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
This thread is *Strictly* for Zombies.

Viewer's discretion is strongly advised.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by THUNDER4real(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
Vote ko, vote ni...Buhari must be voted out, we Nigerians are tired of suffering. Common minimum wage you can't implement.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
EVarn:
That's odd, I never knew we visited Egypt, the harmattan must have obscured the pyramids....
Visiting Egypt is an idiomatic expression and it means going back to hardship
Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by EVarn(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
asuustrike1:

Visiting Egypt is an idiomatic expression and it means going back to hardship
But we are still in hardship....there has never been a time since independence that we haven't been in hardship as a nation, a dearth of good leaders has seen to that....

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by PythonAmaka: 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
thatigboman:
5%

Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
EVarn:
But we are still in hardship....there has never been a time since independence that we haven't been in hardship as a nation, a dearth of good leaders has seen to that....
This regime is worst off
Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Modarun(m): 2:29am On Dec 24, 2018
another idiotic post from the zombie clan.
1.. What is Buhari blue print? What has he improved? Or didnt you read or hear of how hisbinlaws are running down some MDAs? I ask again what is Buhari blue print. Fightong corruptiin is and will never be a blue print. impoverishing people for 3and half years then come to share 10k is not economic blue print.
Come to the North here and see most of the Npower earning 30k are not conrmtributing anything to the economy. Most of them go abput runing their private Businesses and month end they get alert of 30k. 30k for doing nothing.
From Buharinomic of turning our youths into dependancy on govt, in other words turnong productive youths into almajiris.
The Nextlevel from what we read in the budget, means more taxes. more impoverishments and propaganda.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Voting For Atiku Will Be A Big Mistake by Caseless: 4:40am On Dec 24, 2018
Atiku is a failure.

(1) (Reply)

Fayemi Declares State Of Emergency / Atiku In Yobe...picture / See Moment Saraki Explained How APC Plans To Rig Saturday's Elections (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.