Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

“why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja (13437 Views)

Policemen Directing Obi Supporters To Keep Moving At Lagos Rally / Buhari And His Dream Of A One Party State - Dele Momodu / Wike: We Won’t Allow Nigeria Turn Into A One Party State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by 9Ebiscoo: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2018
The former governor of Oyo State and a chieftain of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), Senator Rashidi Ladoja, has been in the news for moving from one party to another.

With less than two months to the general election, Ladoja’s defection from the African Democratic Congress (ADC) to ZLP has continued to raise dusts.

He has however opened up on his reasons for moving from one party to another with journalists, in a new interview drafted from Nigerian Tribune.

Excerpts:

You have moved from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to Accord Party (AP) and later back to PDP from where you moved to African Democratic Congress (ADC) and now you are in Zenith Labour Party (ZLP). What brought about the decision to ditch ADC with less than two months to elections?

The election is not as close as many people think. The first election is still about two months away. In politics, how many times do you have to tell people where you are going before they begin to know where you are going?

For me, it is not about how long, but how well. With the level of communication today, there is virtually no area in Oyo State today where you don’t have a radio station. So, you can disseminate your information through radio, television, personal touch and even visits.

You can drive round the state in two three days and meet the people you want to meet as you prepare for elections. So, all you need to do is to canvass very well and let the people decide. The people of Oyo State trust me; they just want to know where they are going.

So, it is not too late to move if you emphasise what you stand for. It is not too late to make the right moves. The people already know where Ladoja stands. They know when I recommend something and they trust me so much.
Talking about trust, you have moved the same set of people and structure from one party to another over the years. It is expected that some people might be tired of moving around without getting what they truly want. Why are you sure the people will trust your decision again this time?

What I mean by ‘trusting me’ is that they know that I am always looking for what is best for my people.

When you left Accord for PDP, you moved your political structure into the party but when you left PDP for ADC, some of your loyalists, like Chief Bisi Ilaka, stayed back. While in ADC, some of your loyalists picked up tickets in the party. Now that you are in ZLP, you seem to have your loyalists scattered across the parties in the state. Don’t you foresee a repeat of what happened in 2015 when the sitting governor had 32 per cent of the votes?

I will tell you that what happened in 2015 is different from what is happening now. After the 2015 election and the governor scored 32 per cent, I had 29 per cent, while Adebayo Alao-Akala had 14 per cent.

Teslim Folarin had seven per cent and Seyi Makinde had five per cent. Some people felt then that had I, Alao-Akala, Teslim and Makinde pulled our resources together, we would have won the election. But people tend to forget that politics is not arithmetic.

You can’t say that because Ladoja scored 29 per cent and Alao-Akala scored 14 per cent, if the two of us had worked together, we would have defeated Abiola Ajimobi.

But that’s not true because that was what got us to PDP in the first place, only to find out that after the tenure of the former PDP chairman, Ahmed Makarfi, the succeeding leadership was not as diligent. We discovered that the decisions they wanted us to take did not go down well with us. So, we pulled out of PDP.

As I always say, politics is personal and the fact is the number of people actively involved in politics is just 10 per cent of the people that would vote. In most cases, the voters are the ones that determine who they want to vote. So, it is not about the number of people in a party that matters, what is important is the people that would vote. In ZLP, our winning strength is in the masses.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/23/keep-moving-one-party-another-ladoja/

2 Shares

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by sunnymix: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Politics prostitute... undecided

18 Likes

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Pruwa: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
All these politicians sef May God help us

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Damsyjay(m): 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Mumu man...very soon you will move to apc

3 Likes

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by amaniro: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
No excuse you're a party ashawo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by EbukaHades10(m): 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
Party rider.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Bazenaijablog(m): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
ASHAWO

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Emerald94(f): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by IMASTEX: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Greener pastures. . .Simple!
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by ainas247: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
smiley
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by kolnel: 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
lol

Everybody in oyo state know you are very greedy
And you are in politics because of your long throat

People were supportive of you then because they thought Akala stabbed you in the back
But right now it’s over

Next year election will retire you and the fugitive atiku for good

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Tunasco4u(m): 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
OK
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by ainas247: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nah football nah, transfer market..

I beg check my profile hope and get this..

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
This is Nigeria politics.
Not surprised though.
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Passionate888: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Na so..... Buhari sef

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by igwefivestar(m): 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
9Ebiscoo:
The former governor of Oyo State and a chieftain of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), Senator Rashidi Ladoja, has been in the news for moving from one party to another.

With less than two months to the general election, Ladoja’s defection from the African Democratic Congress (ADC) to ZLP has continued to raise dusts.

He has however opened up on his reasons for moving from one party to another with journalists, in a new interview drafted from Nigerian Tribune.

Excerpts:

You have moved from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to Accord Party (AP) and later back to PDP from where you moved to African Democratic Congress (ADC) and now you are in Zenith Labour Party (ZLP). What brought about the decision to ditch ADC with less than two months to elections?

The election is not as close as many people think. The first election is still about two months away. In politics, how many times do you have to tell people where you are going before they begin to know where you are going?

For me, it is not about how long, but how well. With the level of communication today, there is virtually no area in Oyo State today where you don’t have a radio station. So, you can disseminate your information through radio, television, personal touch and even visits.

You can drive round the state in two three days and meet the people you want to meet as you prepare for elections. So, all you need to do is to canvass very well and let the people decide. The people of Oyo State trust me; they just want to know where they are going.

So, it is not too late to move if you emphasise what you stand for. It is not too late to make the right moves. The people already know where Ladoja stands. They know when I recommend something and they trust me so much.
Talking about trust, you have moved the same set of people and structure from one party to another over the years. It is expected that some people might be tired of moving around without getting what they truly want. Why are you sure the people will trust your decision again this time?

What I mean by ‘trusting me’ is that they know that I am always looking for what is best for my people.

When you left Accord for PDP, you moved your political structure into the party but when you left PDP for ADC, some of your loyalists, like Chief Bisi Ilaka, stayed back. While in ADC, some of your loyalists picked up tickets in the party. Now that you are in ZLP, you seem to have your loyalists scattered across the parties in the state. Don’t you foresee a repeat of what happened in 2015 when the sitting governor had 32 per cent of the votes?

I will tell you that what happened in 2015 is different from what is happening now. After the 2015 election and the governor scored 32 per cent, I had 29 per cent, while Adebayo Alao-Akala had 14 per cent.

Teslim Folarin had seven per cent and Seyi Makinde had five per cent. Some people felt then that had I, Alao-Akala, Teslim and Makinde pulled our resources together, we would have won the election. But people tend to forget that politics is not arithmetic.

You can’t say that because Ladoja scored 29 per cent and Alao-Akala scored 14 per cent, if the two of us had worked together, we would have defeated Abiola Ajimobi.

But that’s not true because that was what got us to PDP in the first place, only to find out that after the tenure of the former PDP chairman, Ahmed Makarfi, the succeeding leadership was not as diligent. We discovered that the decisions they wanted us to take did not go down well with us. So, we pulled out of PDP.

As I always say, politics is personal and the fact is the number of people actively involved in politics is just 10 per cent of the people that would vote. In most cases, the voters are the ones that determine who they want to vote. So, it is not about the number of people in a party that matters, what is important is the people that would vote. In ZLP, our winning strength is in the masses.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/23/keep-moving-one-party-another-ladoja/
he want to enter book of record as the highest party appearance in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by JaffyJoe(m): 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
This man irks me with his holier than thou attitude. Every arrangement is never good enough for him.

5 Likes

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by ArmaniUhuru: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Political Hoe Lo Sho.

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
No loyalty in Nigerian politics.

In America you see generations of Republicans, none of them will dare switch to being Democrats. But Nigeria na where the money dey dem dey chook head

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by wolesmile(m): 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
Stop lying sir. We all know why...

And we know what "Political Prostitution" means!!
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
Political olosho grin
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Kenekingisback: 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
Tinubu taught you angry

Tinubu moved from AD to AC to ACN to APC now he plans another one to roll Osinbajo in 2023 angry

Useless politician
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by obaataaokpaewu: 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
Politician will be a politician. Asked why you kept changing parties, he was talking bout Radio station grin

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by nicepoker101(m): 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
Dynamic prostitution

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by chloride6: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hush and spread your lips

grin
Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by kurt09(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
For jokes Text Ladoja to 419

2 Likes

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by gurunlocker: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
Because you are political prostitute...

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by Damidolly: 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Who cares, if you like jump from ocean to sea
All I know is that you have finished politically

1 Like

Re: “why I Keep Moving From One Party To Another” – Ladoja by ipobarecriminals: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
sad looking for what to steal/ Nomadic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion Poll Favors Tinubu As Atiku Fumbles In Handling PDP Internal Crises / Hunters: We Are Ready To Capture Shekau, Boko Haram Leader / INEC Registers 21 New Parties (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.