Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Those Who Say We Should Not Celebrate Christmas Are Hypocrites - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Say We Should Not Celebrate Christmas Are Hypocrites (251 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / I Will Not Celebrate My 58th Birthday - TB Joshua's Last Video Before His Death / Christians Are Hypocrites! What A Shame!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Say We Should Not Celebrate Christmas Are Hypocrites by Built2last: 12:11am On Dec 24, 2018
I received a personal message on twitter by someone asking my take on celebration of Christmas. I took time in 1997 to study the origin of Christmas and the role Constantine played. As some of us may know, the origin of Christmas, could be traced to ancient
Rome. Christmas was a day for celebrating the Sun god. However, because Constantine was a Christian, the day was changed to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ after a long battle with the Roman native believers.. Prior to this time, professed Christians were slaughtered on the day of the sun god celebration. This was about 386 AD. Many people claim that Christmas should not be celebrated because it has links to roman gods in origin.If we must talk about origin, do you know that every day of the week is dedicated and named after a roman god? SUN day, MOON day, Tool sday,WODEN sday,THOR sday,FREYJA sday SATURN sday? all names of Pagan gods. We all use these days of the week, Sunday services we all attend has its origin from the Roman god. Whether Our Lord Jesus Christ was born on 25th December called Christmas day or not is immaterial to me. The most important thing is that a Saviour was born to salvage mankind from God's wrath .If Christ was not born, my life would have been miserable. Thank you Father for giving us Jesus Christ. "The earth is the lords and his fullness thereof." Everyday belongs to God including Christmas day. May I also state that culture and traditions have always been borrowed in history. That a land was used by pagans in the past doesn't stop Christians from building a church on the same land. What is the origin of birthdays? We all learnt to celebrate our birthdays because we grew up seeing people do it. The greatest gift is choice and that choice is to lead us into daring and innovative decisions to better our lives.
Above all, Christmas should be for those who know Christ because its about Him. If You don’t know Him and celebrate. You are probably celebrating something else.

Copied from Tims Obeta Facebook wall
Re: Those Who Say We Should Not Celebrate Christmas Are Hypocrites by LordReed(m): 6:56am On Dec 24, 2018
Yes let's celebrate our myths. Someday there'll be Frodosday and Jon Snowsday.
Re: Those Who Say We Should Not Celebrate Christmas Are Hypocrites by Omudia11: 7:00am On Dec 24, 2018
Pathetic atheist. Who is stopping you celebrating such? You only know how to venge your frustration on Christians.
LordReed:
Yes let's celebrate our myths. Someday there'll be Frodosday and Jon Snowsday.
Re: Those Who Say We Should Not Celebrate Christmas Are Hypocrites by LordReed(m): 7:06am On Dec 24, 2018
Omudia11:
Pathetic atheist. Who is stopping you celebrating such? You only know how to venge your frustration on Christians.

LMFAO! Between your post and mine which one expresses frustration the most? LMFAO!

(1) (Reply)

The Issue Of Calenders In Most Homes / RCCG Sunday School Students Manual, Sunday 6th January 2019 / I Put God And Family First. Actor Neal Mcdonough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.