Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Man Refuelling Generator Sets Shops Attached To Palace Ablaze In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Refuelling Generator Sets Shops Attached To Palace Ablaze In Lagos (470 Views)

Mob Sets Two Dangote Trucks Ablaze After Crushing Two To Death In Ogun / I Killed Two Snakes The Same Day In My Room. Is It Spirituality Attached? (Photo / Tajudeen Alabi, NULGE Chairman Burnt To Death As Fire Razed Shops In Ikire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Refuelling Generator Sets Shops Attached To Palace Ablaze In Lagos by HgsMediaPlus: 7:14am On Dec 24, 2018
Days after fire gutted about 25 shops attached to the palace of the Elekunpa of Ekunpa , Oba Kosoko , Kazeem , in the Shibiri area of Ojo Local Government Area , Lagos State, business owners, whose shops were affected by the inferno have yet to recover from the shock. Report gathered after a visit to the palace that some of the victims had resorted to auctioning the remainder of their goods , while others , who had sustained burns from the fire , were nursing their injuries .

One of the victims , Eucharia Abu, said a boy was pouring fuel into a working generator, which led to an explosion that caused all the shops attached to the palace to be burnt .

The Imo State indigene said , “ Around 2 pm , one of the boys employed at the Bet9 ja shop was pouring fuel into a generator when the generator and the keg of petrol caught fire . Out of fear , he threw the keg away and ran for safety ; and it was that burning keg that attracted another generator , before the fire spread to the food vendor , who was using gas to cook . It was when the fire got in contact with the gas that the whole place exploded and the inferno got out of control .

“ The fire burnt the whole shops, including the goods stacked in them ; all my goods were burnt, because I was completely unaware that my shop and many other had been affected from behind. But when we noticed the fire , some boys got water to put it out , while others climbed the rooftop and started cutting planks that could attract fire . And that was how they prevented it from spreading to the palace building . I lost goods worth over N 100, 000 , but a man who sells flour here lost goods worth over N 5m . ”

A food vendor , Selina Samson , whose shop was located beside the Bet9 ja shop , said the fire made her to lose valuables worth over N 1. 4 m.
The Ogun State indigene said , “ I was in the shop washing the meat we bought from the market when I heard an explosion . When I looked outside , I saw that the generator we were using had caught fire and it had spread into my shop located beside the Bet9 ja shop .

“ Immediately , I and my workers fled the scene of the fire . I lost properties worth over N 1. 4 m to the incident ; I want the government to come to our aid , because I don’ t know where to start from .”

One of the injured victims , Asuramu Temitope , who was working in the Bet9 ja shop when the fire started , said she was to quit the job this month before the fire incident , which made her to suffer severe burns .

Continue Reading: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2018/12/man-refuelling-generator-sets-shops.html?m=1

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc mynd44
Cc MissyB3
Cc Dominique
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun

Re: Man Refuelling Generator Sets Shops Attached To Palace Ablaze In Lagos by serverconnect(m): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2018
Chai, may God will help us ooo for this Obodo Nigeria.
Re: Man Refuelling Generator Sets Shops Attached To Palace Ablaze In Lagos by GOFRONT(m): 7:18am On Dec 24, 2018
When Baba Buhari called them lazy youth, they complain.......

Simply put off this generator before you refuel, but hell no......abeg I no fit off am before i com on am again.....

Now see what the consequence of his laziness has caused him and the neighbouring shops...
Re: Man Refuelling Generator Sets Shops Attached To Palace Ablaze In Lagos by generator404(f): 9:45am On Dec 24, 2018
Oh my god. It is so sad....why the accident is caused by generator set? I think most of the generaor set have genset protection of high temperature, overspeed, overheat and so on. It is not possible to cause so serious accident.

(1) (Reply)

Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, Nke A Bu Original Nke Anyi / Pant Hijackers Storm Ijebu Ode Eatery, Demands For Female Pants And Forces Pant / I Have Black Gold Stone For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.