Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

How To Bake Bread - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Bake Bread (620 Views)

Learn to Bake, Catering Indoor/Out Door at the most Affordable Price!! / Want To Know How To Bake Bread? / How To Bake Perfect Yummy Sponge Cake Without Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Bake Bread by doubletony: 10:44am On Dec 24, 2018
While there are many ways of baking bread, everyone always looks for the easiest method and best way of baking it here are the quick easy to grasp method to follow in order to make it yourself

INGREDIENTS

1•Yeast - 2 Tbsp
2•Hot-ish* water - 2 cups
3•Bread flour - 5 cups total,
3•2 for the sponge and 3 for later
4•Sugar - 2 Tbsp.
5• Salt - 2 tsp.
6• Oil - 2 Tbsp.
7• 3 loaf pans

DIRECTION

Oven pre-heated to 375
*Hot-ish means between 95 and 115 degrees F. much colder and it won't activate, much warmer and it will kill the little guys.

Step 2: Make the Sponge Picture of Make the Sponge Picture of Make the Sponge This recipe uses what I call a "sponge." The sponge will activate the yeast and get things started; getting the yeast warm, happy, and ready to go Start by mixing the hot water and the flour. Then, add 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. oil, 2 Tbsp. yeast, and 2 tsp. salt. Let this sit for about 8 or 10 minutes. Assuming your water was hot enough, it should be nice and bubbly.

Step 3: Add Some Flour and knead it. Now you need to add about 3 more cups of flour. I added a little less this time, it really depends on the humidity and how exact your measurements were in the sponge step. Once it gets too tough to stir, flip it onto a clean floured surface. Now, knead away, adding flour as you do so. Knead the dough for 8 or 9 minutes. When you finish this part put it back in the bowl and cover it with a slightly damp towel.

Read more [url]http://cookfornaija..com/2018/11/how-to-bake-bread_22.html?m=0[/url [

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Bake Bread by meobizy(f): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
I really need this skill. I do not like bread but if living with room mates this will prove a useful cost effective way to reduce grocery bills.
Thanks, OP.

(1) (Reply)

Cake Mixer / My Car Jollof Rice Prepared With @tastytomjollofmix / Soups For You And Your Family!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.