Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Lagos 2019: I’ll Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected – Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2019: I’ll Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected – Jimi Agbaje (261 Views)

Jimi Agbaje: I Will Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos 2019: I’ll Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected – Jimi Agbaje by 2Ebisco: 12:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos State, Jimi Agbaje, has vowed to remove the Lekki Toll Gate, if voted into power in 2019.
Hide quoted text

Agbaje described the fee being collected at the toll gate as illegal.

The PDP guber candidate noted that though the toll gate was built by a concessionaire, it had since been bought over by the Lagos State Government.

He wondered why residents were still being forced to pay tolls to pass.

Agbaje was responding to the one-hour toll-free passage recently given to all motorists by his All Progressives Congress counterpart, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Agbaje said, “Unfortunately, the toll gate is opaque because no one knows its financial records. So, asking people on your campaign trail and others to pass without paying for just one hour is absurd and regrettable.

“Good road is a fundamental right of citizens and we promise to deliver on this and many other things.

“At the moment, most Lagos roads are impassable because of their poor condition. Now, motorists are compelled to pay heavily for passage.

“How about the so-called alternative routes? Ideally, government should have provided alternative routes to the Lekki Toll Gate, but the available alternate route is in a terrible shape, so everybody is forced to use the toll gate and pay.

“Therefore, yesterday’s drama by the governorship candidate of the APC is a farce. Nobody was deceived by the party’s action which also smacks of disrespect and bondage.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/24/lagos-2019-ill-dismantle-lekki-toll-gate-elected-jimi-agbaje/

Re: Lagos 2019: I’ll Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected – Jimi Agbaje by emperorakins(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, FTC
Re: Lagos 2019: I’ll Dismantle Lekki Toll Gate If Elected – Jimi Agbaje by Righteousness89(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
This is Awesome!

Am beginning to like this Man

(1) (Reply)

Christmas: Atiku’s Message To Nigerians / Abia State House Of Assembly Ulu: Winning With Performance / Uyo Rally: APC Diverted N478m NDDC Fund To Rent Crowd For Buhari – PDP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.