Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians (8087 Views)

Full Text: Kukah's Christmas Message, About Buhari That Sparked Reactions / Don’t Twist Kukah’s Christmas Message, CAN Warns / We Stand By Bishop Kukah’s Christmas Message — Catholic Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by nimisola: 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has asked Nigerians to embrace love, peace and hospitality during Christmas.

In his message to the nation on the occasion of Christmas, Buhari urged the populace to reflect on the “message of hope, compassion, salvation, reconciliation, forgiveness and peace that Jesus Christ embodies and conveys.”

He asked Nigerians to show the world that something good can come out of the country.

The president said he had ordered the security agencies to see to it that people can celebrate in peace without fears of insecurity.

He added that the future of the country is better than what it had experienced in the past.

He promised to deliver a credible, free and fair election in 2019, saying “my word is my bond”.

“I felicitate with all Nigerians, particularly our Christian brothers and sisters, on the joyous occasion of this year’s Christmas, which commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ,” Buhari said.

“In 2018, Nigerians have had mixed blessings, typical of human beings. On the pleasant side, our economy has made significant progress since coming out from recession and our faithful implementation of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.

“On the downside, we have seen so many unnecessary deaths caused by violent clashes between neighbours, who ordinarily should complement and support one another.

“We cannot bring back the lives lost to floods, unfortunate fire disasters, road accidents, farmers/herders clashes and insurgency.

“But we can put back smiles on the faces of the grieving, the displaced and the troubled, if we show a little love and recommit ourselves to building relationships with those outside our ethnic, religious and socio-political divides.

“As we celebrate Christmas, exchange gifts, pray and visit loved ones, let us remember many others who cannot be with their families this time.

“Our brave Armed Forces, and other security men and women who make incredible sacrifices to keep us safe, the aged, the sick, physically challenged persons, all deserve our goodwill in this season of love and sharing.

“Together we can show generosity to our neighbours and demonstrate the diversity that makes Nigeria unique – a land with a beautiful climate and vegetation, beaming with an energetic and creative youth population.

“We must not also forget that what lies ahead of us as a nation is better than whatever we must have experienced in the past.

“With general election around the corner and heightened political activities across the country, I have charged our security and law enforcement agencies to secure the sanctity of the ballot box and ensure that the outcome of the polls reflects the will of the Nigerian people.

“My avowed commitment to free, fair, credible and violence-free polls is not a ruse or yet another vain political promise. My word is my bond.

“It is a sworn declaration on the advancement of Nigeria, the future and safety of our young and unborn generations.

“Let us tell the world that, indeed, something good can come out from Nigeria. And it will happen, as we all team up to make it happen.”

SOURCE: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/12/at-christmas-buhari-asks-nigerians-to.html

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by AntiNigerian: 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
Stop wasting your time! nothing good can ever come out of a shiíthole!!!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2018
Good prayers but how come Nigeria is most divided in your rule than any other government witnessed?..

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Racoon(m): 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2018
Yet the president have a inordinate flair for always running down his countrymen @ any slightest opportunity esp.when abroad:
-1)."Buhari: My People Are Useless, My People Are Senseless, My People Are Indiscipline”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.herald.ng/buhari-my-people-are-useless-my-people-are-senseless-my-people-are-indiscipline-obi-nwakanma/amp/

-2).Nigerians' reputation for crime has made them unwelcome in Britain, says country's president

He added that because of the number of Nigerians imprisoned for law-breaking in Britain and elsewhere, they were also unlikely to get much sympathy."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/12143510/Nigerians-reputation-for-crime-has-made-them-unwelcome-in-Britain-says-countrys-president.html

-3).“About the economy, we have a very young population, our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. This is a very conservative one.

“More than 60 percent of the population is below 30, a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education free,”

President Buhari made this assertion while speaking at the Commonwealth Business Forum in Westminster.
https://punchng.com/nigerian-youths-like-freebies-says-buhari/

-4).".....In 2016, standing beside one of the most influential women in the world, German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, President Buhari threw another bombshell, when he reacted to his wife’s criticism of the presidency by stating that she belonged to “the kitchen” and “the other room.”
https://guardian.ng/opinion/the-presidents-frequent-blunders-abroad/amp/?F=&__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by wakaman: 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
Call heeded!

Sai Baba.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by nimisola: 1:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
Where is the lie in all the quotes that you pasted... well, point of correction, Buhari was not the one that said number 1, it was the writer..Has the rate of crime committed by Nigerians in the UK not made them unwelcome in the country?? ..Are there not uneducated Nigerians who are not willing to do anything, but want their share of the imaginary national cake?? Why are you crying more than the wife? Aisha, his wife did not complain, so why are you complaining? Majority of you can't differentiate when someone is been sarcastic, joking or serious... I hope you continue wasting your time sharing the links.. I also hope you embrace peace, love and hospitality like Mr. President has encouraged us to do.. and also show the world that it's not just the president's work to ensure outsiders view Nigeria in good light but also the duty of its citizens..
Racoon:
Yet the president have a inordinate flair for always running down his countrymen @ any slightest opportunity esp.when abroad:
[b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by nimisola: 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
Abi oo
person wey sabi..
wakaman:
Call heeded!

Sai Baba.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by KillTheZombies: 1:35pm On Dec 24, 2018
But you dumbohari went to London to claim that Nigerians are criminals, Nigerians are useless, Nigerians are lazy.

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by nimisola: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2018
What's your statement based on? have you carried out a research to know this? what was your sample size? sampling technique?
Esseite:
Good prayers but how come Nigeria is most divided in your rule than any other government witnessed?..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by nimisola: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2018
When?
KillTheZombies:
But you dumbohari went to London to claim that Nigerians are criminals, Nigerians are useless, Nigerians are lazy.

grin grin
Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Yeyeboy88(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2018
Please a good Samaritan should help me with 5K make i just see food chop for Christmas this season of love

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
nimisola:
What's your statement based on? have you carried out a research to know this? what was your sample size? sampling technique?

Its visible to the blind and audible to the deaf.... except you just want to downplay it like the presidency.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by madjam(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2018
Pls I really need help from you guys,

Am a student/computer expert....(20yrs) old......I pay my sch fees alone , live alone do everything doable alone .Pls am currently in need of money right now ..........

Pls if you can't help me don't insult......... kindly ignore

Salami D David
Gtb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Samirana360(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2018
message from jubrin al sudan,
bihari died last year, jubril should go to Sudan for d Xmas celebration with his family

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by berrystunn(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
Huh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by yrex01(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
Racoon:
[b]
shift ahbeg !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nicklaus619(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
This man should shut the hell up already, during Jonathan time, I bought two bags of rice and sent to my family at the rate of 7k each, today a bag of rice is 19500, what a shame. angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by elmodee7(m): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sai Baba. 4+4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by elmodee7(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2018
berrystunn:
Huh

Atiku obituary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Wahala90: 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2018

1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Yomboy4ever(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
It may be a truism that a prophet is not always honoured in his own village.This one for Nigeria would be honored in feBUHARI."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Racoon(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
[s]
nimisola:
Where is the lie in all the quotes that you pasted... well, point of correction, Buhari was not the one that said number 1, it was the writer..Has the rate of crime committed by Nigerians in the UK not made them unwelcome in the country?? ..Are there not uneducated Nigerians who are not willing to do anything, but want their share of the imaginary national cake?? Why are you crying more than the wife? Aisha, his wife did not complain, so why are you complaining? Majority of you can't differentiate when someone is been sarcastic, joking or serious... I hope you continue wasting your time sharing the links.. I also hope you embrace peace, love and hospitality like Mr. President has encouraged us to do.. and also show the world that it's not just the president's work to ensure outsiders view Nigeria in good light but also the duty of its citizens..
[/s]
You should have know how to paragraph while expressing your self mister.Meanwhile, what are you saying in this mumbled writeup?

Are the fact checks true or not? Is the president an irony of his senseless self or not? Please be a Buharideen/Buharimaniac with your dignity still intact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Wahala90: 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2018
nimisola:

Are you well at all? Have you heard such comments from other presidents before? Must you fool yourself everytime?
Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by mechanics(m): 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
AntiNigerian:
Stop wasting your time! nothing good can come out of a shiíthole!!!
There is power in the tongue remember, how will you feel if someone will say nothing good will come out of you, mind what you say, Nigeria is not that name you called.
Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by PythonAmaka: 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
As we celebrate Christmas, let NdiOsu shun hate and embrace Love -- PMB

python amaka
Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Randy100: 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2018
He should stuck it up his ass.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by berrystunn(m): 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2018
elmodee7:

Atiku obituary

Do you remember
Pentium 1.?
Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Wahala90: 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2018

Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ne×t Leel abeg

SAI BUHARIIIII
Re: President Buhari’s 2018 Christmas Message To Nigerians by guru90: 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
mechanics:
There is power in the tongue remember, how will you feel if someone will say nothing good will come out of you, mind what you say, Nigeria is not that name you called.

Go and rest one side joor.... U are one of TeamBuhari

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Convention: Uzodimma, Okorocha’s Camps Disagree Over Postponement / INEC Directs Parties To Submit Membership Register 30 Days Before Primaries / Why Aren't Africans Giving Solidarity For Michael Brown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.