Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

Be Thankful! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Thankful! (261 Views)

Anything In Naija To Be Thankful About? / 5 Reasons You Should Be Thankful To God For Today / What Are You Thankful For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Thankful! by Hegela(m): 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sometime ago, we had a project to execute and out of the total cost of this project we were only able to raise about 80%! So in the evening of that day I was discussing with Her Royal Sweetness on how my day went and somehow I noticed that she was overly happy; I on the other hand was so burdened with the remaining 20% of the funds needed to perfect the project.
I could not understand why she was that happy. Like we still needed so and so amount and you are here jumping 'upandan'!??

You see, Her Royal Sweetness had to lecture me on how gracious God is to have blessed us with 80% of the funds we needed and that the remaining 20% was truly insignificant!
Wow! Like I knew this all along, but somehow I had forgotten! I was overwhelmed with the part left undone and neglected the parts already taken care of.

I was counting my problems and not my blessings. This my friend is human nature. We are always carried away with the unachieved that most times we forget the magnitude of what God has helped us to achieve.

The year is coming to an end in a few days; this should not be a time to fill your thoughts with all you could not achieve. Each of the times you failed between January and now is only a lesson learnt. Truthfully, that failure did not consume you - I'm quite sure it is not your dead body that is reading this post!

You see, everything you could not achieve is in the past now! Look back with a heart of gratitude. Thank God for the seemingly little and insignificant things that God has done for you - like sleeping and waking up, your ability to fart, walking upright without support from anyone or anything, talking and seeing unaided, etc.

Look on the bright side! Be thankful for the past and present, then trust God for the future.

Anticipate the best for the year ahead! Do this for yourself - do not enter the new year with that baggage of sorrows and regrets!
Howbeit, on my WhatsApp status update, I would just say "Thank You Lord Jesus"!
Usually, when I do this, some friends would chat me up and ask if I have gotten my dream car or maybe a superb contract for supplies!

As a matter of fact, our thankfulness should not be tied to when some great feats are achieved or when your desires are granted! In times of discomfort, frustration and unmet desires, please make it a habit to thank God!

Take out some few seconds today and just say "Thank You Lord Jesus"!

I call you blessed. The remaining part of this month and year will bring about a manifestation of all your desires! That sickness is hereby terminated in Jesus mighty name! Amen!

God bless you excessively!

#AlegehPrince
#TheSage!

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Eve Message / The Issue Of Calenders In Most Homes / Find Churches OR List Your Own Church On Naijachurches.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.