Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians (721 Views)

Francis Nwifuru: PDP, APGA Guber Candidates Not Needed In My Government / #EndSARS: Act On Judicial Panel Report - US Tells Buhari, Lagos State Government / Be Ready To “replace” Returned $300m Abacha Loot If Misused, US Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by yns4real: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Ahead of the 2019 general elections, the United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington, has urged Nigerians not to vote based on promises but on the record of those making promises.

Symington said this in a video while wishing Nigerians a Merry Christmas.

He urged Nigerians to remember that their future is in their hands and no foreign power can solve their problems but all solutions can only come from within.

The US ambassador said, “As you go into 2019 you will be facing a new round of elections. What you do in those elections would be crucial not just for you but for all of us. And as you get ready, I ask you to think of three things.

“First, charge your potential leaders with this notion: Say not just what you say you will do for the country but what have you already done. Second, it is incredibly important that you recognise that in a democracy, it is you who gets to make the decision.”

Symington urged Nigerians to guard their Permanent Voter Cards and not sell it.

The US envoy urged Nigerians to report any anomalies on election day, adding that the task of improving democracy is a collective one.

He said, “On election day and every day, the citizens of Nigeria are the ones that lead this country so take good care of your voter cards, make sure no one convinces you to either give it to them or sell it to them and on election day.

“I hope you will vote and I hope you will vote for people who don’t just say the right thing but people who you are convinced based on their records will do the right thing for you and for others.”

Symington praised the many Nigerians who had in one way or the other contributed to the development of the nation.

He specifically praised 83-year-old Imam of Nghar village, Gashish District in the Barkin Ladi Local Government Area, Alhaji Abdullahi Abubakar, who saved about 300 persons on June 24 when suspected herdsmen invaded about 15 communities in the Barkin Ladi LGA, killing over 200 persons.

https://punchng.com/2019-vote-based-on-records-of-candidates-not-promises-us-tells-nigerians/

Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by servercodes001: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2018
Pdp looted $16bn in the name of electricity
APC completed 16dams in 4yrs
Pdp looted the entire Nigerian railway corporation
APC revived it
The disgusting Atiku received bribe and sold out Nitel
Pdp encouraged import and crippled the domestic industries
APC blocked ridiculous imports
Pdp crippled agriculture
APC revived it
All the positive things In pdp are nullified by their billions of crimes against Nigerian citizens
..... Lemme stop there before I write 10,000 lines

If achievements were the determinants for voting then the pdp¡gs will receive Zero votes because they've achieved NOTHING!!!
I wish all Nigerians were rational

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by chinjo(m): 11:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
Not empty promises like I will make fuel 40, I will make one naira equal one dollar, I will provide 3 million jobs yearly bla bla bla

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by dunkem21(m): 11:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
Are you serious? cheesy

The US specifically praised Alhaji A. Abubakar in the last paragraph grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by buharitill2023: 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2018
thief atiku will be retired from politics by feb 16.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by docadams: 12:26am On Dec 25, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by dheilaw1(m): 12:31am On Dec 25, 2018
He was simply saying we should not vote for an international thief who has a pending case of 40 million wire transfer in the US.....

1 Like

Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 25, 2018
Kai. The USA wicked sha. See as dem pour sand for Atiku Garri. They are reminding Nigerians not to vote for a criminal fugitive they are looking for now parading himself as PDP Presidential candidate. We dey wait make Britain and France come talk their own sef.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 25, 2018
USA is simply saying : Dont vote for Atiku and PDP
Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by socialmediaman: 12:54am On Dec 25, 2018
US Ambassador Indirectly telling Nigerians that the tyrant who drove their economy into recession and made Nigeria the poverty capital of the world has nothing to offer! If you know you know

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by kanubiafra: 2:42am On Dec 25, 2018
if this came from the us then they are simply saying vote for pdp. has atiku ever made a promise i mean a political promise?
Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by nedubest(m): 2:50am On Dec 25, 2018
dem no go hear word
Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by Kenekingisback: 2:53am On Dec 25, 2018
Amazing
Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by Sirjamo: 3:25am On Dec 25, 2018
US is DeArticulating before its too late, so that no one will accuse them of supporting an international thief.
Re: 2019: Vote Based On Records Of Candidates, Not Promises, US Tells Nigerians by IamJames: 4:06am On Dec 25, 2018
US indirectly telling Nigerians not to vote for the lifeless one who only know how to make promises and then cancel them.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - Dementia? / Shocking TRUTH About Atiku Abukbakar.... / Any Hope For Atiku?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.