Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Jesus Christ, The Reason For The Season - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ, The Reason For The Season (524 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? / Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ, The Reason For The Season by Julivas(m): 10:49am On Dec 25, 2018
Topic : The reason for the season
Text : Daniel 9 : 6

Introduction

It is time again to celebrate another day commemorating the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, tagged Christmas,  though not every Christian denomination believe in the celebration, but to say the truth,  whether all Christians denominations agreed to it or not,it really worths celebrating. No wonder it has become the most celebrated festival in the whole world.

In the course of celebrating this festival are always put in place by various organisations, churches, families not excluding varoou individual.

It is unfortunate that many of the organisations such as radio stations are using the season for their own personal gain, thus relegating the real reason for the celebration. Though it is not bad for to make profit from ones business, but the main reason of the celebration must not be defeated because of mundane gain.

For a quick reminder, after man lost that golden opportunity of having an intimate and uninterrupted relationship with God in the garden of Eden, God has planneed out a a way to bring back such lost relationship between HIM and man. This HE did by sending HIS only begotten son and offered Him as a sacrificial lamb in order to reconcil man back to HIMSELF.

I think that the birth of this only begotten son of God is worths celebrating even when the actual date is not known.

What is the season?
It is a season of love and sacrificial giving as seen in what the almighty God did to mankind. The love here is not in the context of the world's definition of love, but according to the definition given to it as stated in 1 Cor 13.

Reason for the season
As started in the introductory part of this study, the reason for the season is basic to reconcil man back to God, to give life to the lifeless, and to bring light to the dark of the world. John 1 : 4 & 5

It is disheartening these days that many have been using the season for their own selfish interest.
I could remember when I was much younger, during my secondary school days, one of my older neighbours did send me to his girlfriend then in preparation for the cross over night to the Christmas day. This neighbour of mine then could send me like more than five times to his girlfriend all in a bid to make sure she didn't disappoint him to the much awaited time. What a way to celebrate this unique day!....

It is unfortunate that instead of reflecting reason behind the celebration, it has turned to a day when many ladies will get unwanted pregnancies, thus relegating the reason for the season. This and many more atrocities are what some use thus period to do. May God have mercy on us, amen.

Brethren, though this season calls for huge celebration for what God has done and still doing in our lives, but at the same time calls for sober reflection. It is a time one should sincerely ask him/her self question like "are mine really and truly connected to God considering my ways of life"?

Brethren as we are celebrating this Christmas, let's do so with the assurance of our sure relationship with God. Let brotherly and sisterly love continues towards all people especially to those in the household of faith. Having opportunity to met those in dare needs, don't let us hesitate in making such happy, who knows, you might be using that mean in winning souls to the Kingdom of God.

Remember as the day passes by, the world is gradually coming to an end, we must prepare for eternity any time any day and not be carried away in the euphoria of the celebration.

A Kingdom where Jesus Christ reigns as King forever is our heritage.

I pray that the grace to make it into the Kingdom of God at the end of everything here on earth shall be released unto us so that our celebrations will not be in vain in Jesus mighty name, amen.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance

Shalom.

HumblebYGrace, Originalkalokalo, Rebekkah, PIPnator, KolaShangone, ifyalways, OLAADEGBU, Tabbaz, olumide4christ, mrphysics, Mobilia, justi4jesu, justwise, skimanski and others too numerous to mention.
Re: Jesus Christ, The Reason For The Season by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2018
INDEED, ALL MOUTH MUST PROCLAIM GOD'S PRAISE, HALLELUJAH.

HAPPY CELEBRATIONS, LOVE OF JESUS TO YOU AND YOURS smiley

Julivas:

Introduction

It is time again to celebrate another day commemorating the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, tagged Christmas,  though not every Christian denomination believe in the celebration, but to say the truth,  whether all Christians denominations agreed to it or not, it really worths celebrating. No wonder it has become the most celebrated festival in the whole world.

It is unfortunate that many of the organisations such as radio stations are using the season for their own personal gain, thus relegating the real reason for the celebration. Though it is not bad for to make profit from ones business, but the main reason of the celebration must not be defeated because of mundane gain.

For a quick reminder, after man lost that golden opportunity of having an intimate and uninterrupted relationship with God in the garden of Eden, God planned out a way to bring back the lost relationship between HIM and man. This HE did by sending HIS only begotten son and offered Him as a sacrificial lamb in order to reconcile man back to HIMSELF.

I think that the birth of this only begotten son of God is worth celebrating even when the actual date is not known. The date surely is known but was hidden

What is the season?
It is a season of love and sacrificial giving as seen in what the almighty God did to mankind. The love here is not in the context of the world's definition of love, but according to the definition given to it as stated in 1 Cor 13.

Reason for the season
As started in the introductory part of this study, the reason for the season is basic to reconcil man back to God, to give life to the lifeless, and to bring light to darkness of the world. John 1 : 4 & 5

It is disheartening these days that many have been using the season for their own selfish interest.
I could remember when I was much younger, during my secondary school days, one of my older neighbours did send me to his girlfriend then in preparation for the cross over night to the Christmas day. This neighbour of mine then could send me like more than five times to his girlfriend all in a bid to make sure she didn't disappoint him to the much awaited time. What a way to celebrate this unique day!....

It is unfortunate that instead of reflecting reason behind the celebration, it has turned to a day when many ladies will get unwanted pregnancies, thus relegating the reason for the season. This and many more atrocities are what some use thus period to do. May God have mercy on us, amen.

Brethren, though this season calls for huge celebration for what God has done and still doing in our lives, but at the same time calls for sober reflection. It is a time one should sincerely ask him/her self question like "are mine really and truly connected to God considering my ways of life"?

Brethren as we are celebrating this Christmas, let's do so with the assurance of our sure relationship with God. Let brotherly and sisterly love continues towards all people especially to those in the household of faith. Having opportunity to met those in dare needs, don't let us hesitate in making such happy, who knows, you might be using that mean in winning souls to the Kingdom of God.

Remember as the day passes by, the world is gradually coming to an end, we must prepare for eternity any time any day and not be carried away in the euphoria of the celebration.

I pray that the grace to make it into the Kingdom of God at the end of everything here on earth shall be released unto us so that our celebrations will not be in vain in Jesus mighty name, amen.

Shalom.

HumblebYGrace, Originalkalokalo, Rebekkah, PIPnator, KolaShangone, ifyalways, OLAADEGBU, Tabbaz, olumide4christ, mrphysics, Mobilia, justi4jesu, justwise, skimanski and others too numerous to mention.
Re: Jesus Christ, The Reason For The Season by olumide4christ: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2018
Julivas:

Introduction

It is time again to celebrate another day commemorating the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, tagged Christmas,  though not every Christian denomination believe in the celebration, but to say the truth,  whether all Christians denominations agreed to it or not,it really worths celebrating. No wonder it has become the most celebrated festival in the whole world.

In the course of celebrating this festival are always put in place by various organisations, churches, families not excluding varoou individual.

For a quick reminder, after man lost that golden opportunity of having an intimate and uninterrupted relationship with God in the garden of Eden, God has planneed out a a way to bring back such lost relationship between HIM and man. This HE did by sending HIS only begotten son and offered Him as a sacrificial lamb in order to reconcil man back to HIMSELF.

I think that the birth of this only begotten son of God is worths celebrating even when the actual date is not known.

What is the season?

Reason for the season
As started in the introductory part of this study, the reason for the season is basic to reconcil man back to God, to give life to the lifeless, and to bring light to the dark of the world. John 1 : 4 & 5

Shalom.

Well structured & well said, Brother!

I say Amen to your prayers therein.

Merry Christmas to you & a prosperous and blessed 2019 ahead...It is well!!!
Re: Jesus Christ, The Reason For The Season by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
Julivas:

Introduction

What is the season?

Reason for the season

Shalom.

Jesus is the reason for the season. Remain blessed. smiley

Re: Jesus Christ, The Reason For The Season by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 28, 2018
Julivas:

Introduction

What is the season?

Reason for the season

Shalom.

Same to you sir as well..

(1) (Reply)

DC Comics Set To Release Comic About The ‘second Coming’ Of Christ / Angelic Interpretation Of Number Six (6) / To Interpret Your Dreams And Deliverance Prayers, Register For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.