Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria (967 Views)

Ever Driven In Any Of These Cities, You Can Drive Anywhere In The World / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by Olumyco(m): 11:02am On Dec 25, 2018
Rank the following Cities in terms of development (infrastructure as the focus) in their respective categories

Yoruba Cities
Lagos | Ibadan | Abeokuta | Akure | Ilorin

Igbo Cities
Enugu | Akwa | Owerri | Umuahia | Aba | Onitsha

Northern Cities
Abuja | Kano | Kaduna | Sokoto | Jos

Niger-Delta Cities
Portharcourt | Uyo | Calabar | Benin | Warri | Asaba

7 Most Developed Nigeria Cities
..........??.?..?.......

Note:
Some Cities are not there to be ranked because they are not that developed to the extent that they can compete. So they were intentionally left out. Therefore, you are to rank with the list already provided. You are also to lastly list the 7 most developed Cities in Nigeria.

Your ranking should heavily take into consideration Infrastructural Development. Below is a guide on what Infrastructure entails.

Infrastructure refers to the fundamental facilities and systems serving a country, city, or other area, including the services and facilities necessary for its economy to function.

Classification

1. Transportation System
a. Roads (High Ways & Streets)
b. Roundabouts
c. Flyovers
d. Pedestrian Overhead Bridges/WalkWay
e. Bridges
f. Street Lights
g. Traffic Lights
h. Railway
i. Tunnels
j. *Airports
k. *Seaports

2. Water Supply System
a. Pipe borne Water
b. Bore Hole

3. Waste Management System
a. Sewerages | Sewers (wastewater mgt)
b. Solid Waste Facilities

4. Electricity

5. Telecommunication

6. Service System
a. Housing Estates
b. Malls
c. Super Markets
d. Markets
e. Restaurants
f. Hotels
g. Recreational Parks
h. Stadium
i. Skyscrapers

Oya Nairalanders over to you
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by MyAmericandream(f): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2018
Lagos is not a city OP
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by Olumyco(m): 12:22pm On Dec 25, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Lagos is not a city OP

Lol. Dont worry. Just rank the cities
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by Ttipsy(f): 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Lagos is not a city OP
Lagos is a city in Lagos state. just like kano, Kaduna, Enugu a city/capital in their respective states.. Thank you
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by Resener12(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2018
MyAmericandream:
Lagos is not a city OP
Lagos is a city. I’m a travel agent and you can’t say lagos isn’t a city unless you’ve not been out of Nigeria
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by MyAmericandream(f): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ttipsy:
Lagos is a city in Lagos state. just like kano, Kaduna, Enugu a city/capital in their respective states.. Thank you
oh maybe it's the EKO you're referring it as.
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by johnnyandy7(m): 2:53pm On Dec 26, 2018
For the "Yoruba Cities" Lagos tops it all except for Electricity which is relative.

For the "Northern Cities" Abuja tops almost all except for Markets (Kano), Kaduna is not bad at all; it follows closely behind in a lot of areas.

Honorable mention goes to Jos; It has a fair waste water management system aided by it's natural terrain. It also has ever-lasting roads.
These are my two cents.
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by Olumyco(m): 11:52am On Jan 05, 2019
johnnyandy7:
For the "Yoruba Cities" Lagos tops it all except for Electricity which is relative.

For the "Northern Cities" Abuja tops almost all except for Markets (Kano), Kaduna is not bad at all; it follows closely behind in a lot of areas.

Honorable mention goes to Jos; It has a fair waste water management system aided by it's natural terrain. It also has ever-lasting roads.
These are my two cents.

Nice one what of top 7 cities in Nigeria
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by johnnyandy7(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2019
Olumyco:

Nice one what of top 7 cities in Nigeria
Haaa....
1. Lagos. Lagos has it all the good the bad and the ugly.
2. Abuja. And you know why
3. Port Harcourt
4. Calabar
5. Benin
6. Ibadan
7. Jos; Excellent weather, food is inexpensive compared to other cities and hotels are very very affordable.
8. I hope to visit the Eastern Cities of Nigeria soon.
9. Based on what i have heard from friends, Enugu is not bad.
Re: How Would You Rank These Cities In Nigeria by Olumyco(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
johnnyandy7:

Haaa....
1. Lagos. Lagos has it all the good the bad and the ugly.
2. Abuja. And you know why
3. Port Harcourt
4. Calabar
5. Benin
6. Ibadan
7. Jos; Excellent weather, food is inexpensive compared to other cities and hotels are very very affordable.
8. I hope to visit the Eastern Cities of Nigeria soon.
9. Based on what i have heard from friends, Enugu is not bad.

Nice one... but that Benin there .... what of Uyo, Enugu and Owerri... I learnt they are also developed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Countries Are Not Living Up To Their Potentials / Travelling And Living In Egypt / Survivor Of 2006 ADC Plane Crash Shares Chilling Account Of The Crash (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.