Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,579 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

How Can I Study On Cheapest Tuition In Iceland? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Study On Cheapest Tuition In Iceland? (1088 Views)

Private Schools With Cheapest Tuition Fees In Abuja / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies / How To Study On Cheapest Tuition In Russia: University Requirements, Student Vis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Study On Cheapest Tuition In Iceland? by ujonah12: 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
You might ask what's it like to study in on affordable tuition in Iceland? The country has rather a hilarious nickname, ‘the land of fire and ice’, which refers to its many variety of natural features. Iceland is also known as one of the world’s most active volcanic regions, while also having large areas covered in glaciers.
A sparsely populated island nation in the north west of Europe, Iceland is also known for its hot springs, fishing industry and high quality of life.

University Applications and Fees
Applications are usually submitted directly to each university, with requirements and deadlines varying between institutions.
Note that public institutions do not charge tuition fees, but there is a ‘registration fee’. This varies between universities, but for an example the University of Iceland currently charges ISK60,000 (about US$470) per year. Private universities charge both tuition and registration fees, which vary depending on the course and institution. Fees are usually higher for students from outside the EU.
The University of Iceland however advises students to keep aside about ISK125,540 (US$980) per month to cover accommodation and other living expenses.

Visa Application
Depending on your nationality and how long you intend to stay, you may be necessary to get a visa for Iceland in order to study on cheap tuition. However, those who intend to study in Iceland for more than three months will be required to apply for a residence permit, via the Icelandic Directorate of Immigration. This can be applied for when the international student has been officially granted a place at a university in Iceland. Applications usually take around 90 days to be processed, and students are encouraged to apply on time in order to receive their permit before arrival in the country.

Healthcare in Iceland
After being resident in Iceland for six months, everyone automatically becomes a member of the national social insurance system, regardless of nationality. This means access to healthcare in Iceland at the same fixed rates paid by locals.
Before this six month point, students from EEA countries can access services at these same rates, by presenting a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), as proof that they are entitled to healthcare in their own country.
Higher fees will be charged to those from outside the EEA, and students are advised to take out private insurance to cover this.

Read more:

http://www.studyabroad365.com/how-can-i-study-on-cheapest-tuition-in-iceland/
Re: How Can I Study On Cheapest Tuition In Iceland? by emeraldsg: 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2018
Is there any provision for post graduate and what language do they speak.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Study On Cheapest Tuition In Iceland? by ujonah12: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2018

(1) (Reply)

100 Possible Questions From JAMB 2019 Novel (sweet Sixteen) / 100% Runs For Gre, Toefl, Sat, Gmat & Ielts With No Deposit / Universities In The Usa That Offer Scholarship Based On Sat/act Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.