Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,025 members, 7,835,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why (55457 Views)

Which Of These Classic Cars Were The Kings Of Nigerian Roads (photos) / Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World / 2018 Independence Drive: The Classic Cars That Graced Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2018
Nice to know.
I will shoot one of my musical video in dis Cuba soonest!
cool

2 Likes

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by R0ckefeller: 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2018
I don't think you can find one with it original parts.
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by sukerefakere(m): 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2018
QuietHammer:
Fidel castro. These are men
che guevera

2 Likes

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by themanderon: 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2018
I don't know why I just love this country. A nation that survived over 50 yrs embargo yet survived should be celebrated as a beacon of resistance to white imperialism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by freemi(m): 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Sure, classic cars with engines of other vehicles. When embargo was placed on US against Fidel Castro led Cuba.

Car - wise, they are stuck in the past.
simple!
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Ayobami7(m): 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2018
Cool Cars
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2018
braveboy64:
classic cars with good road but nigeria classic road with good car
....... Jagajaga road....
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by sorepco(m): 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2018
note this is due to circumstance than any love for classic cars. the exportation of cars from any country of the world to cuba is prohibited..so as many other items.

so its not that cubans love classic cars but just cos of american embargo.

if you may also care to know cuba has the highest number of medical doctors per capita in the world. there are currently 25.000 cuban docs in brazil and 30.000 in venezuela!!

in Africa? they are countless.

ChiefAzubuike:
Cuba, home to classic low riders and vintage Aston Martins.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by motivativesweet: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2018
someone just said abandoned and thrash
while Nigerian artists/celebrity are using them on their musical video
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Yankee101: 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2018
Necessity births invention
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by grandstar(m): 9:51pm On Dec 25, 2018
I knew about Fidel Castro ban of cars but never knew they were up to 60,000 vintage cars! That's amazing!

2 Likes

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by azimibraun: 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2018
Cubans and shirts still beefing? The men hate to wear shirts.
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Wiinnd(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2018
Is Cuba a South American or North American country? I'm just asking

1 Like

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2018
So true.

Get good deals on cars when you visit

www.eagler85.
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by enomakos(m): 10:31pm On Dec 25, 2018
Those cars are vintage
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by AreaFada2: 10:36pm On Dec 25, 2018
Wiinnd:
Is Cuba a South American or North American country? I'm just asking

It is actually a Caribbean Island country.
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Ibime(m): 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
sorepco:
note this is due to circumstance than any love for classic cars. the exportation of cars from any country of the world to cuba is prohibited..so as many other items.

There are many Chinese cars in Cuba, mostly Government owned. Private Cubans cannot usually afford the Chinese cars as Cuban wages are capped at $25 per month as at Dec 2014 when I was last there. Even Doctors there only earn $25.

I've been opportuned to visit Cuba twice. My last trip I entered one of these classic taxis in the dead of night from a town called Holguin to Guardalavaca. It was quite a scary ride, as the road was not lit, the cars have no seatbelts usually and the taxi drivers drive like mad men.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by JaffyJoe(m): 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2018
KingLennon:
I've got mad love for classic cars. Those cars got real class. I wanna use one on my wedding day

Nice one. You just banged a dope idea into my head for mine too.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 26, 2018
Ibime:

There are many Chinese cars in Cuba, mostly Government owned. Private Cubans cannot usually afford the Chinese cars as Cuban wages are capped at $25 per month as at Dec 2014 when I was last there. Even Doctors there only earn $25.

I've been opportuned to visit Cuba twice. My last trip I entered one of these classic taxis in the dead of night from a town called Holguin to Guardalavaca. It was quite a scary ride, as the road was not lit, the cars have no seatbelts usually and the taxi drivers drive like mad men.

$25 is damn low. Wetin you find for Cuba? Drugs? wink

1 Like

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by capitalzero: 2:57am On Dec 26, 2018
sukerefakere:
che guevera
revolutionary doctor.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:22am On Dec 26, 2018
NOW I REMEMBER MICHAEL CORLEONE IN ONE OF THOSE in godfather movie .

1 Like

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by bigdoo: 4:40am On Dec 26, 2018
I am speechless because I have great passion for classic cars, the older the better.

1 Like

Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 26, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Buhari sef sad
wetin concern buhari with what is happening in Cuba ��. You seriously need a special curse..
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2018
Truth b told i love those cars in the first picture and those one in traffic.

if theres,anu way i can get them outside d country and ship to,nigeria i would,love dhat men. dose cars are d real,deal

not all dis firewood body we have on d roaf now
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by 77up(m): 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2018
I smell high level of poverty rate in that country .

If you know , na you know .
Re: Cuba Has The Largest Number Of Classic Cars In The World .see The Reasons Why by tck2000(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
ChiefAzubuike:
Cuba, home to classic low riders and vintage Aston Martins.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passenger Bus Falls Into Lagoon Along Ijebu Ode-ore Expressway (photos) / Man Protects His Car Side Glasses In A Hilarious Way {hilarious Pic} / Big Daddy Camry (2003 - 2006): Why Don't People Like It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.