Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Stop Using MTN! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stop Using MTN! (2235 Views)

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data / For Those Using MTN / Its Time To Stop Using Mtn For Browsing.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Using MTN! by mikeycharles(m): 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2018
Mtn which is actually a south African based company running it's business in Nigeria, MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN group and one of Africa's leading telecommunications company. On may 16, 2001 after paying the sum of $285 million for one of four GSM licences. It's not hidden knowledge that when the telecommunications giant launched in Nigeria it sold it's SIM cards for as much as #35,000 naira incorporated with one of the most expensive billings.

Although it didn't take long before Globacom launched it's operations and took the nation by surprise. The launching of a new network coupled with the present competition led to the revolution of telecommunications in Nigeria. Globacom took the world by storm, their plans were not just affordable to the average Nigerian but also reasonable and not to mention the easy availability of their SIM cards.

We recently the experienced the issue of xenophobic attacks in the country where MTN originated from, although MTN cannot be blamed for the mindless killings and hate occurring in their country. But they made little or no effort to stop or warn against these attacks.

The SIM registration saga

It is to be noted that NCC made it a policy that all sim cards were to be duly registered to help curb the insurgency Nigeria is currently experiencing. NCC made it public that previous SIM cards owners should be re-registered but MTN took the easy route. They paid zero attention to the policies issued by the commission and allowed for the sales of pre-registered SIMs to customers. When this atrocity was discovered the network was fined which led to the current MTN-CBN saga.

I personally have never seen the value in any MTN plans especially their data offerings not to mention their bogus offerings which usually end up as daylight robbery.

I could remember saying Globacom was done for good but look at them today, they have slowly become the grand masters of data..they offer the most flexible plans to Nigerians from their "Yakata" tariff plan to dashing out free data. Nigerians need to wake up and support their own because "what's not yours will never be yours".

9 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by McStoic(m): 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2018
I couldn't agree more. This is the simple truth. I so wish HITV or TSTV had succeeded in breaking DSTV's monopoly just like Glo against Emptyhen.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Using MTN! by hisgrace090: 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2018
Mtn data na tourch and die, the thing disappears like magic.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by bobbybrown007: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2018
hisgrace090:
Mtn data na tourch and die, the thing disappears like magic.
it is even faster than merlins wand sef

3 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by CreepyBlackpool: 8:17pm On Dec 25, 2018
MTN is the worst!
imagine having to pay just to change tariff plans angry

4 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2018
they are not good neither is glo, why have data when you can't use it?

@op, its like you are working for globacom

4 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by giftedben: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2018
I think Nigerians should learn to appreciate MTN for once. MTN have contributed so much to Nigeria. No foreign business can strive in this harsh Nigeria economy.
We should encourage MTN to do more for us.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by Mustack: 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2018
giftedben:
I think Nigerians should learn to appreciate MTN for once. MTN have contributed so much to Nigeria. No foreign business can strive in this harsh Nigeria economy.
We should encourage MTN to do more for us.
But glo is serving

3 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by ednut1(m): 2:13am On Dec 26, 2018
Very lame. MTN owned majorly by white south africans should speak out against xenophobia by black south africans Smh.U go to a mans country do drugs and pimping u say dey shud not retaliate. Some nigerians drug dealers have been kiiling each other in SA. Its fine by u na cos it not south africans killing abi. With our population tmobile, O2 and co refused to come to nigeria even rich nigerians with looted funds refused to invest too. MTN took the risk and u dont want them to enjoy their rewards Hahahaha. Abeg go sleep

5 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by nedubest(m): 2:26am On Dec 26, 2018
mtn don tire me

1 Like

Re: Stop Using MTN! by mikeycharles(m): 2:34am On Dec 26, 2018

Re: Stop Using MTN! by Auladimeji1: 3:34am On Dec 26, 2018
ednut1:
Very lame. MTN owned majorly by white south africans should speak out against xenophobia by black south africans Smh.U go to a mans country do drugs and pimping u say dey shud not retaliate. Some nigerians drug dealers have been kiiling each other in SA. Its fine by u na cos it not south africans killing abi. With our population tmobile, O2 and co refused to come to nigeria even rich nigerians with looted funds refused to invest too. MTN took the risk and u dont want them to enjoy their rewards Hahahaha. Abeg go sleep
Mtn staff spotted

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using MTN! by falcon01: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2018
Ever since I noticed their stupid habit I stopped using their Sim card. I got an airtel sim and also To be patriotic,I bought A glo sim card even though I have to endure the slow network connection in my area and other occurence but that's a will am willing to take I rather buy glo recharge card than to buy From xenophobic Mtn people. Bunch of Idiots! Bleep them Bleep their Promo Bleep their Internet speed or whatever they have I dont care!!

1 Like

Re: Stop Using MTN! by daveP(m): 11:42am On Dec 26, 2018
If Glo wants to convince us, they should do just 70% of what MTN offers and 100million Customers would mske them conquer west africa. Mtn are like that king that have many rivals that can give half of what they give and are so comfy and proud still.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using MTN! by Lekan111(m): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
Mtn
Re: Stop Using MTN! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
mikeycharles:
Mtn which is actually a south African based company running it's business in Nigeria, MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN group and one of Africa's leading telecommunications company. On may 16, 2001 after paying the sum of $285 million for one of four GSM licences. It's not hidden knowledge that when the telecommunications giant launched in Nigeria it sold it's SIM cards for as much as #35,000 naira incorporated with one of the most expensive billings.

Although it didn't take long before Globacom launched it's operations and took the nation by surprise. The launching of a new network coupled with the present competition led to the revolution of telecommunications in Nigeria. Globacom took the world by storm, their plans were not just affordable to the average Nigerian but also reasonable and not to mention the easy availability of their SIM cards.

We recently the experienced the issue of xenophobic attacks in the country where MTN originated from, although MTN cannot be blamed for the mindless killings and hate occurring in their country. But they made little or no effort to stop or warn against these attacks.

The SIM registration saga

It is to be noted that NCC made it a policy that all sim cards were to be duly registered to help curb the insurgency Nigeria is currently experiencing. NCC made it public that previous SIM cards owners should be re-registered but MTN took the easy route. They paid zero attention to the policies issued by the commission and allowed for the sales of pre-registered SIMs to customers. When this atrocity was discovered the network was fined which led to the current MTN-CBN saga.

I personally have never seen the value in any MTN plans especially their data offerings not to mention their bogus offerings which usually end up as daylight robbery.

I could remember saying Globacom was done for good but look at them today, they have slowly become the grand masters of data..they offer the most flexible plans to Nigerians from their "Yakata" tariff plan to dashing out free data. Nigerians need to wake up and support their own because "what's not yours will never be yours".
Are many Nigerians not using dangote products? Yes they are.Are their products not good enough? Yes they are good. What make you think many Nigerians go for dangote cement were they are other local cements if not quality. That is what is lacking
Re: Stop Using MTN! by BLS1: 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2018
McStoic:
I couldn't agree less. This is the simple truth. I so wish HITV or TSTV had succeeded in breaking DSTV's monopoly just like Glo against Emptyhen.

In the scenario you are trying to paint it should be "I couldn't agree more"

1 Like

Re: Stop Using MTN! by McStoic(m): 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2018
BLS1:

In the scenario you are trying to paint it should be "I couldn't agree more"

Lol....thanks bro, you are right. Na wetin rush to comment (rtc) cause oo.
Re: Stop Using MTN! by Bimpe29: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2018
MTN has been exploiting with the aid of some political elite of Nigeria origin.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using MTN! by faithfull18(f): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2018
The advice should be stick to any network that gives you value/service. For me, MTN is my preferred network provider.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn 0.0 Unlimited Free Browsing 2019 Settings For PC / Etisalat Is In The Game / HTC Desire 620 Features, Specs & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.