Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,184 members, 7,860,252 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari (429 Views)

At The Centre Of Our Campaign Will Be A Strong Desire To Serve The People - Obi / Atiku Is Not Serious In His Campaign. Will Possibly Lose To Obi. / Ekiti 2023: My Campaign Will Be Issue-Based, Oyebanji Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by wikiadamin: 8:32pm On Dec 25, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari, Tuesday, in Abuja said his re-election campaign will focus on the scorecard of his administration in the key areas of security, economy and the fight against corruption.

Speaking at a Christmas Homage by residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) led by the Minister, Mohammed Bello, President Buhari said those three overarching issues were still as relevant to the country as it was before the 2015 polls that brought the APC-led government to power.

‘‘Very soon we will go to the geopolitical zones to remind the people of our promises in 2015 on three fundamental things: [security, economy and the fight against corruption].

‘‘Unless we secure the country, we cannot manage it properly… that is why shortly after I was elected, I went to Chad, Niger, Cameroon and the Republic of Benin to seek their support in the fight against the insurgency.

‘‘People in the North East know that we have recorded remarkable improvement in the fight against Boko Haram,’’ he said.

President Buhari also used the occasion to reassure Nigerians that his administration remains committed to tackling kidnapping and banditry in addition to finding a lasting solution to the conflict between herders and sedentary farmers.

President Buhari told the gathering, comprising religious, political and traditional leaders in the FCT that his administration has done more work with fewer resources in agriculture, infrastructure, and social investments, considering the state of the economy it inherited from the previous administration.

On agriculture, President Buhari said he remained grateful to God for the bumper harvests experienced by farmers in different parts of the country in 2016, 2017 and 2018 despite devastating floods.

‘‘I am very happy that all the people who returned to agriculture have not regretted it,’’ he said.

On the fight against corruption, the President pledged that he will continue to do his best to recover what rightly belongs to Nigeria, guided by the rule of law and respect for constituted authority.

The President jocularly said people were calling him ‘‘Baba Go Slow’’ because he had jettisoned the military way of fighting corruption and opted for due process under a constitutional democracy.

‘‘When I was going fast I was arrested so why should I go fast again. It is not Baba that is slow it is the system. So whatever the case I will not stop pointing fingers at those who have illegally abused trust by taking [public] funds entrusted to them,’’ he said.

Earlier in his remarks, the FCT Minister while congratulating the President for an eventful year with remarkable achievements, said: ‘‘we in the FCT are your flock and we know you will continue to lead us to the Promised Land.’’

On his part, the Primate, Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), Archbishop Nicholas Okoh, who spoke on behalf of the Christian community, thanked God for sustaining the President with good health.

The Anglican Primate urged political and religious leaders in the country to take a cue from the FCT and replicate the religious harmony between Christians and Muslims.

https://pulsenaija.com.ng/news/re-election-campaign-buhari/

Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by Caseless: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2018
Baba buhari dodar!
Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by StillX10(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2018
Your scorecard is empty sir

1 Like

Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by biztip: 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2018
d only card u will get is a red card which Nigerians will give u next year
Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by deboysben(m): 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2018
Score card that is full of f9

Buhari has failed both God and man

Never again shall lifeless man rule this country.

2 Likes

Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by Ziggylady(f): 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2018
Buhari your score-card is zero,that is why your supporters are mainly folks from SW who are delusional about a 2023 Presidency they can only achieve in their dreams..Even your 'spare-tyre 'VP is not telling anyone about your imaginary score-card..

He is either hawking Trader-Moni scam or telling his people to vote for you so that you can 'hand-over to him in 2023.
Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by Sunofgod(m): 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2018
Jibrin.....fck off.
Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by mekaboy(m): 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2018
Then you are ready to fail. Because u have no score on your card.
Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 26, 2018
What scorecard?.... 20m Jobloss or poverty capital?
Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by gare(f): 7:01am On Dec 26, 2018
And not PDP 16 yrs, that will be great if yiu can keep to that because i know you dont have much achievements, so you must look for what to say, maybe blame your wife for poor performance
Re: Re-election Campaign Will Focus On My Scorecard – Buhari by GreatEngineer(m): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2018
Your scorecard?

I hope the scorecard will go without mentioning PDP inside because I'm still imagining what would be on the said scorecard.

(1) (Reply)

Twitter User Shares A Different Perspective Of Nigeria's Problems: Do You Agree? / Dangote, Oteodola Wealth Declining / Don’t Be Deceived, APC Won’t Hand Over To You, Obasanjo Tells Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.