Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? (481 Views)

How Much Does POS Charge For Withdrawal In Your Area? / Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo) / Banks Now Charge For USSD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by Premiumwriter: 9:18pm On Dec 25, 2018
So I've been trying to save some money and found it very hard.

I decided to create a new bank account with access Bank. The new account was created the day before yesterday on my phone. It has no atm card and I won't be able to transfer from it.

Anyways, the first time I transferred money to the account from my first bank account, my access account was credited with the right amount.

But yesterday, when I did the transfer again, #50 was deducted from the amount I sent earlier.

I'm now confused if my account is incurring hidden charges which I highly doubt since it's just 2 days old or if access Bank charges their customers for receiving money into their accounts.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by eluquenson(m): 9:31pm On Dec 25, 2018
I know stamp duty charge is #50 on #1000 & above deposit into current account.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2018
Premiumwriter:

I decided to create a new bank account with access Bank. The new account was created the day before yesterday on my phone. It has no atm card and I won't be able to transfer from it.

Anyways, the first time I transferred money to the account from my first bank account, my access account was credited with the right amount.

But yesterday, when I did the transfer again, #50 was deducted from the amount I sent earlier.

I'm now confused if my account is incurring hidden charges which I highly doubt since it's just 2 days old or if access Bank charges their customers for receiving money into their accounts.
the purpose of the deducted ₦50 would be stated now.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by Donald95(m): 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2018
I dumped that pickpocketing bank as far back as 2013. They will keep on deducting your money until the money you've mapped out becomes useless to do that which you planned to do with it.

Even now they've bought Diamond bank, I have transferred all my money out of Diamond bank Into my UBA. I hate stories that touch
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by Premiumwriter: 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
the purpose of the deducted ₦50 would be stated now.
they didn't state the purpose.

My account was credited with the amount I sent minus #50.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by Premiumwriter: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2018
eluquenson:
I know stamp duty charge is #50 on #1000 & above deposit into current account.
abeg elaborate. I no understand wetin you dey talk.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by SKhanmi: 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2018
I had to login to type this. Out of all banks to choose, you went for the more brazen corporate robbers? Laughing hysterically ! I still have their brand new ATM I dumped somewhere I can't sight regularly.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by SilentVboy: 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2018
Premiumwriter:

Since its your first time deposit, the charge is for stamp whatever.

That was how they deducted #50 from my first deposit too but never deducted again. They will only be deducting #50 monthly card maintenance if u have the card.

Access bank is more better than my stupid Fidelity bank that keeps charging me #52 maintenance charged and other stupid charges...
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by Premiumwriter: 6:19am On Dec 26, 2018
SilentVboy:
Since its your first time deposit, the charge is for stamp whatever.

That was how they deducted #50 from my first deposit too but never deducted again. They will only be deducting #50 monthly card maintenance if u have the card.

Access bank is more better than my stupid Fidelity bank that keeps charging me #52 maintenance charged and other stupid charges...

It was deducted from my second deposit. But I think it's all the same.

Thanks for the info. Hope this won't continue tho cus I can't be doing monkey dey work baboon dey chop for them.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by moshoodn(m): 7:09am On Dec 26, 2018
Is it a current account? If yes, the #50 is the stamp duty on all inflows from #1,000.

If no, a savings account that is, then you need to lodge a formal complain. Reason is, the account could have been mapped as a current account, though its a savings.

Cheerios!
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by SilentVboy: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2018
Premiumwriter:

It was deducted from my second deposit. But I think it's all the same.

Thanks for the info. Hope this won't continue tho cus I can't be doing monkey dey work baboon dey chop for them.
That was how they did to mine. But they did not do it again.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by Premiumwriter: 10:14am On Dec 26, 2018
SilentVboy:
That was how they did to mine. But they did not do it again.
OK thanks.

Man gat to save.
Re: Do Recepient Banks Now Charge For Transfer? by Sanemind(m): 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2018
Premiumwriter:

it is called account opening postage stamp,mine was deducted too

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Maxbounty Account And Get Approved In 24 Hours / Richfield Gardens, Abeokuta / Recommend Uk To Nigeria Fastest Courier Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.