Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari (2149 Views)

Reuters: Baba Go-fast? Nigeria's Tinubu Stuns Wary Investors With Quick Reforms / Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow / Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Adeitanajoke(f): 5:34am On Dec 26, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari said on Tuesday that he was not shaken by critics who called him Baba Go Slow because of his insistence that stolen money must be followed and retrieved, no matter how long it would take.

The President spoke in Abuja when he received a delegation from the Federal Capital Territory community on a Christmas visit to the Presidential Villa.

Making a specific reference to his 2019 re-election campaign, Buhari stated that the focus had not changed from what the All Progressives Congress outlined in 2015 for that year’s general elections.

He said his campaign focus remained on the tripod of fighting corruption, insecurity and improving the economy.

The President is expected to launch his re-election campaign on December 28 in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital in the South-South geo-political zone.

The other zones, North-East, North-Central, North-West, South-West and South-East, will follow in subsequent dates.

Buhari said, “The party (APC) nominated me and I will contest. We are watching the Independent National Electoral Commission very seriously and we are going out very soon.

“We will go from geo-political zone to geo-political zone, to remind the people of our promises in 2015. There are three fundamental things. Security comes first, because you have to secure the country before you can govern it. Talking about what we have done regarding securing the country, the people of the North-East know better. The three fundamental things we campaigned with are still very relevant.

“On improving the economy, which we are still going to explore, we have done well in agriculture. Those who embraced farming are not regretting it. We have also addressed unemployment and we are very lucky. Through that, we are now attaining food security.

He added, “The third thing with which we will campaign is the issue of corruption. I told you what I did when I was in uniform. But now when I have to go by this system (democracy), where people have to be arrested and then prosecuted, taken to court and then with evidence, we will collect back what they had taken illegally.

“For doing that, people are calling me Baba Go Slow. I am going slowly, but whatever the case, I will not stop pointing fingers at those who have abused trust by taking money that does not belong to them.

“Fighting corruption. Yes, we are slow because the system is slow. It is not Baba that is slow, but it is the system. So I am going by this system and I hope we will make it.”

The community was led by the Minister of the FCT, Mohammed Bello.

The minster, while speaking earlier, praised Buhari for his performance so far, adding that the residents of the territory were proud of him.

Bello said, “We pray that God Almighty will continue to grant you good health, strength, capacity, ability and patience to continue to lead us to the promised land.

“On behalf of the FCT, we appreciate you for the good work you are doing for the territory. Just last week, you inaugurated for us a new airport terminal and so many road projects that are going on in Abuja.

“We feel highly delighted to be hosting you here and it is my honour on behalf of the FCT community to assure you that we are solidly behind you and by the grace of God, we look forward to you spending another four years in the State House.”

The Primate of Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), Nicholas Okoh, who was on the delegation, said he was elated that Buhari had regained his full health.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/ill-continue-as-baba-go-slow-until-irecovered-every-stolen-money-buhari.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by oyebanji44: 5:37am On Dec 26, 2018
Buhari is a devoid of vices.generations of Nigerians will learn a lot from him including kanu and his fellow henchmen..(our friends from Biafra)

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Redoil: 5:37am On Dec 26, 2018
The hunger in south west is real. Continue fighting imaginery kwaraption in ur dream land

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by onez: 5:41am On Dec 26, 2018
God have mercy on us. The same strategy. The same old ways. No new vision. This is what some people wants us to endure for another four years so they can be President.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by ImperialYoruba: 5:43am On Dec 26, 2018
Im liking the humorous side of Buhari. So he knows we call him Baba Go Slow. grin grin grin

I like his clapp back

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by helinues: 5:44am On Dec 26, 2018
Slow and steady wins the race

Sai baba lekan si

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by obasig: 5:54am On Dec 26, 2018
Mumu man daura is sure next year you go cry

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by ivandragon: 6:29am On Dec 26, 2018
lol.
is that why you are taking your time to arrest the looters in your circle?

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 6:31am On Dec 26, 2018
You're too slow, Mr. Man.. Four years already gone undecided

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by johnlvis(m): 6:32am On Dec 26, 2018
U can't be doing things the same way and expect a different result. It's obvious your slow movement has not produce any reasonable results and u insist on slow movement. That shows you take the 15 million people that voted for you for granted. Show working please, u said u are fighting corruption at our detriment (because hunger wan finish person for this country), how much have u bn able to recover? What happens to workers welfare because u are showing little or no interest.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by RealityShot: 6:45am On Dec 26, 2018
ATIKU what is your campaign promise & presidential agenda? We are waiting O!

VOTE BUHARI for Continuity! #IstandWithBuhari #4+4 #SayNOtoCabalsChoiceAtiku

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by onubijoe(m): 7:00am On Dec 26, 2018
When you fail to plan ,you plan to fail. I have never see a president who has no plan ,no vision but wants to rule a country in the name "I will fight corruption" which is the one corruption

Return your stolen money first.
He who come with equity should come with a clean hands

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by braveboy64(m): 7:04am On Dec 26, 2018
Sai Baba till 2023 wailers continue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by chinjo(m): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2018
You will continue to go slow until you get to Daura. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by KingLennon(m): 7:36am On Dec 26, 2018
What about the money you and your cohorts have stolen. Will you retrieve it too? Hypocrites...

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Corrinthians(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2018
helinues:
Slow and steady wins the race

Sai baba lekan si
Abi. It is a marathon, not a sprint. cool

God bless Nigeria.

To hell with all her enemies, including the cowardly fugitive who's hiding in a cave in Israel. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Corrinthians(m): 7:42am On Dec 26, 2018
chinjo:
You will continue to go slow until you get to Daura. Nonsense.
Daura to do what? Isn't he from Sudan anymore? Confused bunch of people. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Stalwert: 8:03am On Dec 26, 2018
[s]
obasig:
Mumu man daura is sure next year you go cry
[/s]

5:54 this one done dey hawk him hatred like gala grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Daplux4: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2018
continue with your tortoise walk we need a president that we will walk like lion
Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by StillX10(m): 8:34am On Dec 26, 2018
Back to daura 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by zombieTRACKER: 8:42am On Dec 26, 2018
oyebanji44:
Buhari is a devoid of vices.generations of Nigerians will learn a lot from him including kanu and his fellow henchmen..(our friends from Biafra)

Only fools learn from fellow fools...

Under the watchful eyes of the dull.ard more corruption is going on... We have buruntai Dubai mansions even as soldiers complain on the battle field of outdated weapons...

We have grass cutters everywhere...

We have a Man whose wife lambasted as not being in control of his own government..

What is there to learn from such fool
Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by zombieTRACKER: 8:43am On Dec 26, 2018
Stalwert:
[s][/s]
5:54 this one done dey hawk him hatred like gala grin grin grin

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by zombieTRACKER: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
Abi. It is a marathon, not a sprint. cool

God bless Nigeria.

To hell with all her enemies, including the cowardly fugitive who's hiding in a cave in Israel. cheesy

Nigeria enemies are within
Cheering a known Muslim Brotherhood terrorist as their president

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by zombieTRACKER: 8:49am On Dec 26, 2018
To the Christians showing off Muslim Brotherhood Sign like the terrorist king Buhari...

The hottest part of hell is reserved for all of you...

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Corrinthians(m): 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Nigeria enemies are within
Cheering a known Muslim Brotherhood terrorist as their president
Dont kill yourself just yet Mr tracker. Alot more where that came from. cheesy

Let me islamize your head a little. grin

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2018
Retrieve and repocket
Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by grandstar(m): 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2018
This statement from Buhari about fighting corruption until every kobo is recovered should give everyone shivers!

That may mean in his second term he would probably be far more aggressive in his war against corruption holding no prisoners. He may feel his war against corruption in itself is the cure all to the country's ills.

First and foremost it is sheer fantasy if Buhari believes he can recover 100% of what was stolen. It sheer fantasy if he can even retrieve 5% of what was stolen!

Any draconian war against corruption will hurt the economy. It will bring it crashing down.

This is not just locking up the shop and chasing criminals but selling all the goods inside and using the proceeds to chase criminals. It is akin to catching two birds at once.

This is his second term and he can now bare fangs and show more of his true colours knowing he is no more coming back

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by OreMI22: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
The sad truth is that Buhari isn't interested in fighting corruption.

Buhari is a corrupt Scam that deceived Nigerians into believing his FAKE integrity mantra.

Even Obasanjo jailed his own IG of Police for corruption, GEJ removed Stella Odua on "allegation" of corruption.

What has Buhari done to BabaChir, Baru, Ganduje, Tinubu, Orji Uzor Kalu, Amaechi,Wamako, Akpabio, Abdulaziz Yari, Modu Sheriff, Nurianu etc?

All these people have been proven to have stolen government funds meant for development of Nigeria. Yet, Mr integrity - Buhari dines and wines with them as if they are decent human beings?

Buhari is a BIG SCAM! He will sweet-tongue Nigerians again with a thousand fake promises that he has no intentions of keeping.

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by basilo101: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2018
Corrinthians:
Dont kill yourself just yet Mr tracker. Alot more where that came from. cheesy

Let me islamize your head a little. grin

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by opribo(m): 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
How has recovery of looted funds become a government cardinal focus when there are so many developmental projects to do in the life of a government.

I believe a government that has a well thought out plan would empower the appropriate agencies to handle the issues of recovery while they focus on the main things.

In this shambolic 'Willy Willy' government they use stolen funds recovery as strategy to waste precious time and act as though they are working hard.

No one takes them seriously, they want to deceive us again into following them to nowhere. We will not do that mistake again.

The mere fact that in the whole party they could not find any other candidate to contest with Jubril alias Bubu shows the dictatorial nature of the party which has played out in this last three years. They are the cult like party, nobody cares to challenge or have a different view from the cult leader Jubril Al Sudan alias Bubu. Now he is claiming to be baba go slow. That is a big fat lie, he is not and cannot be. We cannot continue like this in 2019 please. We must dump the two men madam Aisha mentioned in APC and their voodoo party that has caused this blessed country so much pain, agony, bloodshed, embarrassment and backwardness.
Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by SarkinYarki: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
this man clearly has a mental problem and should be in a psychiatric homes and not the state house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Continue As Baba Go Slow Until I Retrieve Every Stolen Money – Buhari by Oshin56(m): 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2018
RealityShot:
ATIKU what is your campaign promise & presidential agenda? We are waiting O!

VOTE BUHARI for Continuity!
#IstandWithBuhari
#4+4
#SayNOtoCabalsChoiceAtiku
Continuity of what Bros name one achievement

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uche Nwosu, Okorocha To Build First Islamic University In Imo State / #Nigeriadecides2019. The Main Reasons Why PMB Swept The Nnorth. Bmc @ Work. PICS / Buhari will surely loose today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.