Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) (2400 Views)

DJ Cuppy Gifts Anthony Joshua A Cake, Organizes A Welcome Home Party For Him / Instagram Comedian, Funny Toheeb Wear Pampers For His 2 Chickens (Photo) / Halima Abubakar In Tears As Ruggedman Organizes 34th Birthday Bash For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by enunlewa: 7:12am On Dec 26, 2018
A lady who organized a wedding ceremony for 2 chickens in Texas, has gone viral with photos she shared on Facebook.

Erin Bankston, the mother-of-three who is from Fort Worth in Texas but currently lives in Acworth, Georgia, reportedly spent a day setting up the altar and even managed to put the rooster in a tuxedo and the hen in a pearl necklace and white garter.

The 40-year-old lady who organized a wedding ceremony for the 2 chickens Mr and Mrs Mayflower, to show how inseparable they are, has also used her newfound viral fame to raise awareness for the humane treatment of animals and hopes to make people think twice when they see a creature in need.

Sharing photos from the wedding ceremony of the 2 Chickens, she wrote;

Our first (and only) wedding at the new barn! The wedding of Mr. & Mrs. Mayflower!
The story of these two lovebirds:

In May, 2017, I get a call from my friend who had just found a chicken tossed to the side at a chicken plant after all its friends had been taken to slaughter. He had a broken leg, couldn’t walk, and was mean as a snake. When he arrived at the farm, we treated him like we would all our other chickens, and made sure he had plenty of exercise, I limited his diet (because of his breed), and nursed him back to health. We spent lots of time together, and somehow that mean ole bird became one of the sweetest and most personable chickens on the farm. He has long outlived what most chickens of his breed live, and in that time he has grown bigger. He is too big to hang out with my mini chickens, and he gets major anxiety if he’s around a lot of movement (bad eyesight). I knew he was lonely, but he seemed ok just hanging out with the other chickens separated by a fence.

Fast forward to two months ago…I get another call from a girl who had literally picked up a chicken off the side of the road right after it fell from a chicken truck (the other one who fell off wasn’t as lucky). She knew this girl needed a farm where she would be loved and taken care of, and I was happy to take her in. At first I was gonna put her with the little chickens, but as time went on it seemed that she was more interested in Mr. Mayflower, as was he.

So, we started with little visits through the fence, followed by short supervised visits together, and soon realized all that they needed was each other.

They love each other, spend every waking (and non-waking) hour together. And Mr. Mayflower’s anxiety has gone down tremendously! Soooo, of course, we knew what needed to come next…a grand chicken wedding for these two lovebirds that are truly lucky to be alive and lucky to be in love!

Thanks to my friends Leslie Wells and Sandra Bianco for helping “shoot” and wrangle chickens at this most awesome, yet ridiculous event!

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/lady-organizes-wedding-ceremony-for-2-chickens-photos

Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by enunlewa: 7:12am On Dec 26, 2018

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by amaniro: 7:17am On Dec 26, 2018
Omo were grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 26, 2018
Only oyinbo people will do this.

Many are mad, very few are roaming.

1 Like

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by AdsenseSnow(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2018
grin I thought I have seen everything cheesy until I saw chickens getting married grin happy boxing day for every fight lover like myself

I need a verified Nigerian Adsense to buy

1 Like

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by MJBOLT: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2018
this level of madness is beyond the universe

1 Like

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by Alexk2(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2018
What is it about strange marriages this morning now. The other thread it was 6years old twins from India. Make that rubbish end with 2018 pls

1 Like

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:19am On Dec 26, 2018
This craze is from the future
Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by OKOATA(m): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2018
Can't stop laughing, who are those in attendance. The mama papa abi. Funny clown.

1 Like

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by speedyconnect3: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2018
I no blame am

If say she dey naija she for no get time for nonsense.

* Sell your airtime to us and make cash

DATA PROMO ENDS BY 30TH DECEMBER.

BUY now. Data valid for 3 months!

Just click the details and over 734 testimonies below.

Ala igbo amaala mma.
Nwa otu Onicha and nwa 042 na ekene unu!

Daalu
Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by Ekiseme(m): 9:36am On Dec 26, 2018
Lol

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by realborn(m): 9:42am On Dec 26, 2018
This is so so adorable and beautiful!

Only a beautiful soul can nurse chickens, be concerned and feel their emotions toward each other.

kiss
Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by ominilongest(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2018
C relatives dey there sef..shey chicken go dey chop chicken again

1 Like

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by Ayobami7(m): 10:04am On Dec 26, 2018
lol

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by Khd95(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2018
I seriously don't know what to type grin

Did she buy wedding rings for them too

1 Like

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by stylochime: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Oyibo pipo don't have problem at all. when you country is not as f'd up as this 5h!thole of a nation, you can have time to misbehave

1 Like

Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by Skyken99(m): 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
Lwkmd
Re: Lady Organizes Wedding Ceremony For 2 Chickens (photos) by omniwater: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2018
Very commendable!

(1) (Reply)

Former Beauty Queen Sandra Okagbue Is Back On Instagram + Spotted At A Wedding / Zataroboto! Excited Zinoleesky Met With Davido in a Club Yesterday Night. VIDEO / Adorable Photo Of Uche Jombo And Son, Matthew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.