Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

RELIGION: Has It Become Unnessary? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RELIGION: Has It Become Unnessary? (276 Views)

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RELIGION: Has It Become Unnessary? by TheEnygma(m): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
DISCLAIMER

First of all, I wanna say to everyone that I'n not an atheist and I totally believe in the existence of God , so to all religious fanatics out there know that everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time ago, I came across an article online named "REASONS WHY HUMANITY SHOULD LEAVE RELIGION BEHIND". At first I wanted to ignore but my curiosity got the better of me and reading the article, I got to the conclusion that the writer was right. (you can google the topic and read it for yourself).
The article gave reasons of how religion from the beginning of time until now has been a major problem in our world. So the we really need to ask ourselves if religion is gradually losing its influence due to the fact that mankind is becoming more curious and more advanced, so given with the speed and rate at which science and technology is developing, will we still have people practising religion in like 500-1000 years from now.
However make no mistake, I'm not leading you away from your religion, but I feel that mankind in his desire to know and understand God created religions in a bid to know him, which in turn gave rise to the rules and doctrines our religions have today (many of Which are absurd). These doctrines and beliefs are major
causes of religious violence, conflicts, wars etc the world has experienced.
Therefore we as humans living together in this world should ensure to find a common ground amongst ourselves irrespective of religion, because no matter how many religions we have on earth, no matter how much we study our religions writings, we will never be able to totally understand God.
I know this might sound offensive and blasphemous but there is more to God than we can ever know and understand, even if we are to have a million religions on earth, we won't be able to know all the mysteries of God.
Finally if anyone ever needs proof about the existence of God just know that from the smallest atoms to the greatest cosmos and galaxies, there seems to be a force powerfull enough to keep everything in balance and harmony. I don't know what the future might bring and I'm not saying we should abandon religion completely but I think it's high time we stop looking at the past for directions and start looking into the future.
----------------------------
Re: RELIGION: Has It Become Unnessary? by braine(m): 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2018
It might seem unnecessary, but then, don't forget what the Bible in Hebrews 10:25 says about not forsaking the gathering of the brethren. So, religion is important.
Re: RELIGION: Has It Become Unnessary? by TheEnygma(m): 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2018
braine:
It might seem unnecessary, but then, don't forget what the Bible in Hebrews 10:25 says about not forsaking the gathering of the brethren. So, religion is important.
Read the update to the end.... Then let me know what you think.
Re: RELIGION: Has It Become Unnessary? by tos4u(m): 12:30am On Dec 27, 2018
***The Year of Divine Help, Year of Double Edged Sword*** YEAR 2019

1. God’s Help will come into play a lot this year
2. Some will discover it is just too easy to be successful and some will experience that it is practically hard to be successful in 2019 – The difference between the two is just GOD’S HELP
3. Double your effort in 2019, God will deliberately not help lazy people.
4. More pressures to be expected from authorities, government, leaders both in the spiritual and physical work. Be prepared.
5. Every year comes with its weather and climatic challenges, 2019 is not different, it will summarily be okay for Agriculture/Farming World. Agricultural successes will continue to grow.
6. Challenges and difficulties your business may experience in early months/first half of 2019 is a blessing in disguise. You will Smile if you do not quit
7. God will be fighting and defending His Anointed in 2019, be careful whom you fight, do not engage GOD in battle.
8. No special improvement in Nigeria Economy in 2019, Oh! The Economy need God’s Help and a lot of prayer.
9. The Spirit says “Surprises! Surprises! Surprises! In the coming 2019 Nigeria General Election. There is Will; But Where is the Power to do?
10. General Overseer or Leaders of small denomination needs more of Devine Help to grow and sustain the ministry in 2019 as the enemy launches more attack at the churches. It is a serious year for them.
11. Church Leaders/Elders should begin to act more as a Coach to the younger Ministers/Youth than been player/actors. Future of the Church is more important than the present.
12. Praises of God soars higher and higher still in 2019. Faithful Spiritual Singers will see God’s good face in year 2019.
13. Obey me completely and 2019 will obey you completely.

(1) (Reply)

Eight Kinds Of People That Xue Feng Admires / Secrets Of Hannah's Prayers. (1) / You Can Speak In Tongues Anywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.