Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Preferable Oil Between Coastal And Castrol Oil 5w30 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Preferable Oil Between Coastal And Castrol Oil 5w30 (1319 Views)

..................CASTROL 5w30.........DONE AND DUSTED / Can I Use 5w30 Instead Of 5w20 Recommended For My ACURA MDX 07 (tokubo) / Production Of Castrol Automotive Engine Oil Commences In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preferable Oil Between Coastal And Castrol Oil 5w30 by happydude: 12:31am On Dec 27, 2018
Pls house which is preferable cos I keep arguing this with my pal on this oil matter all 5w30 coastal , castrol and mile master and beside the car in question is a 03 model with a 1G-FE engine
Re: Preferable Oil Between Coastal And Castrol Oil 5w30 by dru23(m): 3:18am On Dec 27, 2018
happydude:
Pls house which is preferable cos I keep arguing this with my pal on this oil matter all 5w30 coastal , castrol and mile master and beside the car in question is a 03 model with a 1G-FE engine

Any product made for the African market is usually not up to international standards... so that been said I don't know much about coastal oil ,but if it is Castrol and it is made in USA go for it.. Even some of the so call oil that are made in the USA ,are up to standard ..but other brand like Castrol USA made or Mobil 1 exceed the USA standard.. Always go for the brand names. They have a name and reputation to protect..
By the way, am team Mobil 1

Re: Preferable Oil Between Coastal And Castrol Oil 5w30 by happydude: 7:36am On Dec 27, 2018
Thanks boss but how do you know if it's a US spec not Africa Spec incase
Re: Preferable Oil Between Coastal And Castrol Oil 5w30 by diportivo: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
happydude:

milemaster isn't bad at all.its full synthetic and I used it some years back on my golf4 V5 engine.....but iv not seen it in the market for a while now

coastal is semi synthetic.....it's what I use right now...but my oga on here doesn't like it one bit.and so I won't recommend it

Yankee coastal full synthetic magnatec is equally superb..... I've used it on our personal Volvo XC90 with the SI6 engine and the S60 2.0T engine variants and they have performed excellently well

that's the personal summary on these engines

ultimately the decision to use whichever oil is urs to make

(1) (Reply)

Need A Car On Higher Purchase / Big Daddy AC Compressor. / What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.