Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Lord, Teach Us How To Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lord, Teach Us How To Pray (1548 Views)

21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
It goes without saying that I am of the opinion that the present day church is only a shadow of what Jesus intended for the church to be when He first founded it.

And this I believe is due to the derailment of the church from the standard that Jesus used to found the first church, which is His Word.

And one area of the derailment of the present day church from the teachings and standard with which Jesus founded the church is that of prayer.

For today you'll hear all sorts of things being uttered by those of today's church in the name of prayer, and what they have termed "spiritual warfare", such as all the frequent calling of Holy Ghost fire, and calling for all their enemies to die, calling out witches and wizards, demons, principalities and powers etc.

A times at the end of their prayer section, which may last for hours, the only time they would actually talk to God, is let's say two or three minutes, but the rest would be used talk to their enemies, Satan, witches etc.

Now with respect to spiritual warfare, there was never a man that inflicted as much havoc and defeat on the works of Satan, and the powers of darkness as much as Jesus did.

So want i intend to achieve on this thread is just to provide His prayers and also His teachings on prayer that was documented in the Bible for those of today's church to put side by side with theirs, so that, that way Jesus can do the teaching Himself.

For I believe that one of the ways we would have any chance to be able to replicate His feats, and His spiritual success, is through praying the right way.

So provided below are those instances of His prayers and also His teachings concerning prayer:

Matthew 6:5-6KJV

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Continue reading below.

1 Like

Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
Matthew 6:7-8KJV

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2018
Matthew 6:9-14KJV

After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

1 Like

Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 29, 2018
Matthew 5:44-45KJV

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2018
Matthew 26:39KJV

...O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
Matthew 26:41KJV

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

1 Like

Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2019
Luke 23:34KJV

...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do...
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2019
Luke 23:46KJV

And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
Learn how to pray from the greatest prayer Master ever
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
Master, teach us how to pray.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
Prayer Master.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by UceeGod: 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
I used to be leader in one of those "fire-brand prayer" churches for some years. But my spiritual walk was ineffective until I stopped attending "churches" and started studying the Word privately while the Holy Spirit ministered to me Himself.

I hardly pray aloud now but pray from within my heart and God guides me and has always answered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by MuttleyLaff: 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
UceeGod:
I used to be leader in one of those "fire-brand prayer" churches for some years. But my spiritual walk was ineffective until I stopped attending "churches" and started studying the Word privately while the Holy Spirit ministered to me Himself
"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name,
will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you.
"
- John 14:26

Church is a state of mind and is where you're ekklesia, called out, to. When we read and study the scriptures, benefits and blessings of many kinds come to us

UceeGod:
I hardly pray aloud now but pray from within my heart and God guides me and has always answered.
I like the Hannah, sort of praying too, the kind of lips moving but hearing no sound kind of prayer. It is so sweet, none of any of those shakalaboshey shrinkalanka dabalashkey fakery, foolery and nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 06, 2019
UceeGod:
I used to be leader in one of those "fire-brand prayer" churches for some years. But my spiritual walk was ineffective until I stopped attending "churches" and started studying the Word privately while the Holy Spirit ministered to me Himself.

Whatever makes someone to grow spiritually is good enough for me, because at the end that's all that matters.

I don't really think it's about the volume of the words from our lips and mouths when we pray that matters, but the volume of the words from our hearts, for that's what God hears.

God be with us.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2019
Prayer is the Master's key
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
Prayer time!
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by sonmvayina(m): 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
Matthew 6:9-14KJV

After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

This prayer was originally addressed to father Enki, the father of humanity, the writers of the jesus myth/story put it in the mouth of jesus...
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by ichuka(m): 1:47am On Apr 09, 2019
And the land had rest forty years. And Othniel the son of Kenaz died...Judges3:11
My bro,without war there's no peace.one can never have Peace in his family,buisness,spiritual growth without being victorious in battle.
The greatest battle won is that which was won on the Cross of Calvary.if God should open our eyes to see what he accomplish on the Cross, then you know we aren't even praying but playing.

1 Like

Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 14, 2019
Teach us Lord how you did it!
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by orisa37: 9:18am On Apr 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
Matthew 26:39KJV

...O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

This one alone makes us superior to Job.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by orisa37: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2019
Always remember to pray "Lead us not into Temptation and Deliver us from Evil". IJN AMEN.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by orisa37: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2019
The Lord's Prayers is The Principle and Practice of all of Jesus' Actions, Interactions and Movements as enucleated by The Gospels and The Epistles.
The Lord's Prayer is the Principle and Practice of Instructions, Directions and Discernment of The Word of God. It is The Concordance of all Knocking, Asking and Praying.
Happy Sunday to you all is It.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 17, 2019
Prayer time?
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2019
Matthew 9:37-38 (KJV)

37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 04, 2019
Matthew 14:23 (KJV)

And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
Matthew 17:19-21 (KJV)

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain,
21 Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Matthew 7:7-11 (KJV)

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2019
Luke 9:28-31 (KJV)

28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.
29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.
30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2019
Matthew 21:21-22 (KJV)

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
Mark 6:46-48 (KJV)

46 And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray.
47 And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land.
48 And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night he cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mark 9:25-29 (KJV)

25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.
28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.
Re: Lord, Teach Us How To Pray by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
Mark 11:22-26 (KJV)

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did Jesus Cast Out Devils That Can't Go Out But By Fasting Without Fasting? / What Are Some Idioms In The Bible? / 'pastor's Wife Died In Lover's House', Is It True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.